CA CA - Lincoln Heights, Possible SK?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Pico Rivera Jane Doe's torso was dumped in a trash receptacle at a Los Angeles Fire Department maintenance facility in Highland Park. Probably not a place the general public has access to.

Victor Moreno's body was found in a suitcase in San Pedro that was dumped in a wash in a drainage canal in an area described as off-limits to the general public. Found by a maintenance worker.

I just read this article. They are calling them serial killers. Not sure if this is the correct thread or not. My apologies in advance if it needs to be moved.

Police arrest two men suspected in sex workers' deaths

“We believe we have two serial killers in custody and we have stopped them in their tracks,” Anaheim police Lt. Bob Dunn said.

Police retrace steps of woman whose body was found at plant

Police ponder tie in women's disappearances

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/sex-609578-gordon-anaheim.html

I just read this article. They are calling them serial killers. Not sure if this is the correct thread or not. My apologies in advance if it needs to be moved.

Police arrest two men suspected in sex workers' deaths

“We believe we have two serial killers in custody and we have stopped them in their tracks,” Anaheim police Lt. Bob Dunn said.

Police retrace steps of woman whose body was found at plant

Police ponder tie in women's disappearances

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/sex-609578-gordon-anaheim.html

Thanks for the heads up, Doc. There is an entire forum devoted to this...
CA - Missing Women from the Santa Ana area of California, 2013 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

There is some overlap in the various threads, and I apologize. It seems like no sooner do I *think* I have it sorted out, than the details change. We have a similiar situation with some of the Florida threads.

Thanks to you guys for hanging in there. Your patience is greatly appreciated. I'll keep working on it.

LAPD News Release
Wednesday, February 1, 2012 - Updated February 3, 2012

Is there a serial killer on the loose in LA? Police reveal murders of two young women dumped by the side of a freeway are linked and probe other unsolved killings

By Snejana Farberov
Published: 21:01 EST, 8 April 2014 | Updated: 06:38 EST, 9 April 2014

Police in Los Angeles announced Tuesday that two young women who were discovered dead nine months apart three years were abducted and murdered by the same perpetrator.
qbOL4qB.jpg

Michelle Lozano was last seen alive at around 4pm on April 24, 2011, on North Broadway in Lincoln Heights. At around 11.30pm the following day, the teen's naked body was discovered wrapped in plastic and stuffed inside a container in the brush just off the 5 Freeway. The medical examiner determined that the 17-year-old high school student had been strangled to death by her assailant.
VV6FRD3.jpg

Bree'Anna Guzman was last seen just before 8pm December 26, 2011, when she told her mother, Darlene, that she was going to get cough drops from a Rite Aid pharmacy in Lincoln Heights. On January 26 [2012], Guzman's badly decomposed and partially nude body turned up along the Riverside Drive on-ramp.
"At this point in time, we're convinced that the same individual or individuals is responsible for both abductions... and their subsequent murders," said LAPD Capt. William Hayes. "My biggest concern is I have no eyewitnesses." Investigators do not have a description of the attacker or vehicle information.
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...stigation-Reward-Lozano-Guzman-254418941.html
Early article on Michelle Lozano and Bree'anna Guzman

Michelle Lozano, 17 [Updated]
Posted May 2, 2011, 9:24 a.m.

Michelle Lozano, a 17-year-old Latina, was found dead Tuesday, April 26, near the southbound 5 Freeway at State Street and Cesar Chavez Avenue in Boyle Heights, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.

A homeless person called police after finding Lozano's nude body in a broken-open container in the brush about 11:30 p.m. Monday, according to an official at the Los Angeles Police Department's Hollenbeck Station. Authorities pronounced the girl dead at the scene early Tuesday.

Investigators determined from evidence that Lozano had been wrapped in plastic bags and stuffed in the plastic container. Afterward, the container was dumped over a concrete barrier along the freeway. When it hit the ground, the container broke open and spilled Lozano’s body into the shrubs. Police said there were no obvious signs of trauma.
Family Refuses to Give Up Search For Daughter’s Killer
07/26/13 by Steve Kuzj
Guzman’s family said her 6 and 2-year-old daughters miss her every minute of every day. The murder has been exceptionally tough on 6-year-old Janelle, who had a dream about her mom just the other night. “In my dream there was a knock on the door,” daughter Janelle said, “When my dad opened the door I saw my mom. I woke up and called for her but she wasn’t there. I ran to my grandma and I cried.”

The young girls were now being raised by their father and grandmother, Duran.
Read more: http://ktla.com/2013/07/26/family-refuses-to-give-up-search-for-daughters-killer/#ixzz2yuWK94pH

Came across this.. seems similar

"woman whose body was found wrapped in a tarp and dumped at the side of San Francisquito Canyon Road last month"

http://www.signalscv.com/section/36/article/96570/

Body found in San Francisquito Canyon 1 year ago remains unidentified
Posted: April 9, 2014 5:47 p.m.
Updated: April 9, 2014 5:47 p.m.

Although homicide detectives were never able to identify the woman, they believe from discussions they’ve had with immigration officers that they know some of her relatives in both Honduras and Texas. “When she left Honduras there was apparently a rift in the family,” Hernandez said. “The family members in Texas were a little hesitant to come forward, thinking that it was a trick and that (immigration enforcement) is involved.

“I assured them that we’re looking into the possibility she was murdered so that they could provide enough information, but they wouldn’t provide any ID,” he said. We still haven’t connected all the dots.”
San Francisquito Canyon body not murder victim
Detective says death of undetermined cause but not believed to be foul play
Posted: April 23, 2013 5:43 p.m. - Updated: April 23, 2013 5:43 p.m.
By Jim Holt Signal Senior Staff Writer
A woman whose body was found wrapped in a tarp and dumped at the side of San Francisquito Canyon Road two weeks ago does not appear to be the victim of foul play, the lead investigator said Tuesday.The body was reported on the side of the road April 10 by Los Angeles Department of Water and Power workers near San Francisquito about five miles south of Spunky Canyon Road in the Angeles National Forest.

“There doesn’t appear to be any foul play,” Detective Rich Tomlin of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Homicide Bureau said Tuesday. “Her death is still undetermined.”

Am I understanding this right? This lady was wrapped in a tarp and dumped on the side of the road and no foul play was involved?

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

Am I understanding this right? This lady was wrapped in a tarp and dumped on the side of the road and no foul play was involved?

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
LE says she was an illegal alien who'd just crossed the border. That's why her death was unreported, and why her family is still reluctant to confirm her ID. The report says she became ill shortly after crossing, and died.

Illness and death

“She was from Honduras and came across the border with coyotes — people who bring people illegally into the country,” Hernandez said. “This individual soon became ill and actually died on them.”

Although the Santa Clarita Valley is at least 200 miles from the Mexican border, the coyotes were probably “holding or delivering people” to this area and are familiar with the Santa Clarita Valley, Hernandez said.

“They know its kind of desolate on that road,” he said of San Francisquito.
http://www.signalscv.com/section/36/article/117828/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry
Back