CA - Linda Anne O’Keefe, 11, strangled, Newport Beach, 6 Jul 1973 *ARREST in 2019*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I remember reading about this very heart breaking case last year on the Twitter feed. Now it's so nice to read that her murderer has been captured. I wonder if the suspect looks like the paraben sketch? Maybe if he was skinnier?

Attachments

• 20190221_144404.jpg
    20190221_144404.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 43
Accused California child killer goes before Colorado judge
James Alan Neal, 72, went before an El Paso County judge Thursday. He’s accused of sexually assaulting and strangling an 11-year-old California girl in 1973.

Linda Ann O’Keefe’s body was found in a ditch. Investigators in Orange County, California say a genealogy website allowed them to match DNA from the crime scene to a elderly living in Monument, Colorado.

The judge explained to Neal that he has a right to a hearing that would determine if he is the suspect California is seeking. There can also be a governor’s warrant issued by the State of California, according to the judge. Neal could waive an extradition hearing—prompting an earlier return to California.

Neal’s next court hearing in El Paso County is set for Feb. 28th.

@Niner

I remember reading about this very heart breaking case last year on the Twitter feed. Now it's so nice to read that her murderer has been captured. I wonder if the suspect looks like the paraben sketch? Maybe if he was skinnier?

Daily Mail has a photo from his younger days. JMO it looks very much like him, without the 'stache and with longer curly hair.

Mom of girl killed in 1973 'carried guilt over her death for the rest of her life' | Daily Mail Online

Also OC Register
Police, prosecutors seek witnesses to 1973 murder of 11-year-old, release vintage photo of defendant – Orange County Register

10129600-6732507-image-a-19_1550814031030.jpg

Linda-story.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks! JMO, it looks very much like him. The only difference is the moustache and slightly longer hair. Those are factors Parabon likely can't predict from DNA - hair styles, facial hair, weight, etc.

ETA: I wonder if any former friends or co-workers, etc. have come forward with any helpful information? A lot of people have wondered if the blue/turquoise truck/van that he was seen driving that day was a company vehicle or something similar. Maybe someone worked at the same business then and recognizes the description.

Last edited:
Thanks! JMO, it looks very much like him. The only difference is the moustache and slightly longer hair. Those are factors Parabon likely can't predict from DNA - hair styles, facial hair, weight, etc.

ETA: I wonder if any former friends or co-workers, etc. have come forward with any helpful information? A lot of people have wondered if the blue/turquoise truck/van that he was seen driving that day was a company vehicle or something similar. Maybe someone worked at the same business then and recognizes the description.
You have to wonder....what other cases might involve this guy? Not like this is a one time offense type of crime. What will happen if/when his DNA is in CODIS?..might already be by now.

Attachments

• OKeefe Murder Suspect.jpg
    OKeefe Murder Suspect.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 37
Daily Mail has a photo from his younger days. JMO it looks very much like him, without the 'stache and with longer curly hair.

Mom of girl killed in 1973 'carried guilt over her death for the rest of her life' | Daily Mail Online

THAT is a very heartbreaking read IMO! Her poor mom blamed herself for not picking up her daughter the day LAO was abducted. All those what-if's! I cannot imagine that guilt.

And this monster. Stopped to offer a ride? LAO had her arms full with the art projects. Both hers and her brothers. Maybe that one weak moment of being able to set them down...a ride home... Utter sadness. All IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem
Back