CA - Lizette Cuesta, 19, beaten, fatally stabbed, Alameda Co., 12 Feb 2018 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I drive the road where Lizette was found at 530am to work daily. It is very remote
and not much travelled when not during commute hours. It was very unsettling to take that route the day after they re-opened it. There is no cell signal most of the way, with the exception of some weak ATT signal. I know we never know how we'll react in a situation, but I wish the earlier passersby who called 911 but did not stop would have put her in their car and drove her out of the pass so that EMS could've gotten to her earlier. Knowing the area, I wonder if crucial time was lost. Im at least glad that one later passerby stopped to wait with her. What a horrible nightmare. And I'm frankly surprised Gross was allowed to have a prison interview with a reporter?? I guess it's his "right", but what he said was so ridiculously evil that it must totally be salt on the wounds for the family to hear his warped story.

I believe he raped this beautiful girl in the back seat,I don't believe this was consent,why he tied her.Engaged to the other suspect,I bet she was enraged with jealousy.He is a !

I agree that this is likely how it went down. Offered her a lift home from work, maybe, then one or both attacked her. Has a bit of the vibe of that horrific Sarnia NYE abduction and murder to me (name of the victim escapes me atm). I suspect we'll find out that it was planned, and the couple were both involved, and that it may have been a "gift" from Gross to his jealous fiancee.

I agree that this is likely how it went down. Offered her a lift home from work, maybe, then one or both attacked her. Has a bit of the vibe of that horrific Sarnia NYE abduction and murder to me (name of the victim escapes me atm). I suspect we'll find out that it was planned, and the couple were both involved, and that it may have been a "gift" from Gross to his jealous fiancee.
Could be. She has gone off with them in their car before. In the interview with Lizette's father and uncle, the uncle said that they would come pick her up to go out for coffee... They were friends.

Yes, don't believe a word this lying murderous miscreant utters. May the Perps be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Such a brave little victim. She fought so hard to survive. God rest her soul.

Mother of fatal Livermore stabbing defendant claims son is not guilty
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2018/0...faces-charges-in-second-day-of-court-hearing/
The mother of the Modesto man accused of mortally stabbing a young Tracy woman and dumping her on a lonely road to die is pointing the finger at her son’s fiancee and insisting he isn’t guilty.
“I know if it wasn’t for her, he wouldn’t have done it. She’s just as guilty as he is. And I think she’s the one that did it, because of her jealously,” she told the news station.
“I wake up with nightmares thinking of what that girl went through,” she said, crying. “And I can’t believe my son had anything to do with it.”

She was incredibly beautiful! RIP Lizette. I can't believe what these two monsters did to this girl. Horrific.

I think jealousy was a big factor, quite possibly. I think the ugly girlfriend was jealous, and Gross needed to 'prove' he didn't like the beautiful friend. JMO

EXCLUSIVE: Suspect accused of stabbing 19-year-old to death near Livermore says he 'snapped'
http://www.ktvu.com/news/exclusive-...r-old-to-death-near-livermore-says-he-snapped
Summary of jailhouse interview:
- Gross acted in self-defense after Cuesta elbowed him in the ribs. Cuesta was armed with a knife he had given her for self-defense because she didn‘t feel safe skating in Tracy. She didn't come at him with the weapon, only her elbows.
- Confrontation happened after he and Cuesta had had sex in the back of Leonardo's car as Leonardo drove. All three had smoked marijuana that night.
- During the encounter, he said he had tied her up with a yellow rope, with Cuesta's consent.
- Cuesta began working at Carl's Jr. restaurant in Tracy about 5 months ago. He and Leonardo were shift leaders, Cuesta took orders.
- His working relationship with Cuesta turned sexual. Both women were aware of each other and did not object.
- Leonardo had nothing to do with what happened early Monday other than driving to and from Livermore.

"I'm not mad at her," he said.
He questioned whether any apology would be adequate? WTF?!

What a load of utter BS. :mad:

I agree with those above who say he raped her, then killed her because his pathetic finance was insanely jealous of this sweet girl's beauty.

I think jealousy was a big factor, quite possibly. I think the ugly girlfriend was jealous, and Gross needed to 'prove' he didn't like the beautiful friend. JMO

ETA:

I wrote this before I read that utterly ridiculous tripe this idiot tried to sell us. Now I believe it even more, that his finance was insanely jealous and he had to prove to her that he wasn't in love with Lisette, even though he lusted after her. They both deserve the Death Penalty, in my opinion/

From Gross' mom- premeditation:

https://www.google.com/amp/abc7news...irlfriend-talked-about-it-days-prior/3091931/

"She says her son's pregnant girlfriend, Melissa Leonardo was talking about what she and Gross planned to do. "She says well we were going to tie up that (expletive) and stab her," said Gross.

According to Gross, Leonardo went on to say the plan was off because (Daniel) Gross didn't want to do it.

"I didn't put two and two together. If I had, that girl would probably still be alive," said Gross."

The more I think about this awful case the more I convince myself that the *fiance* did the stabbing a la Jodi Arias. I think she was enraged with jealousy and just snapped. How they set it all up I don't know but I do think she was the ringleader in this awful crime. MOO

This is disturbing. Seems a third person, an unidentified male, was mentioned by Lizette.
I haven't seen any other mention of a third perp in other stories. I hope there's not another killer on the loose!

http://m.goldenstatenewspapers.com/...6a4-105c-11e8-adec-7b1fca42c8d7.html?mode=jqm

"According to Tracy police dispatch records, the department received a call at 3:21 a.m. informing them of the victim on Tesla Road who had been stabbed in the neck. Police were told the victim told CHP officers that the stabbing occurred somewhere in Tracy and named the two suspects and third unknown male person."

MOO, I think this was planned (based on suspect's mother's statement), I think they are sociopaths, and I doubt anyone just snapped.

I feel like his "story" of what happened is to make himself look like he is the cool guy getting sex from such a pretty girl. It has been stated ML was very jealous. I highly doubt she would drive along (and prego) and let her boyfriend have sex with someone - much less a girl that is much prettier than she is.

Mother of fatal Livermore stabbing defendant claims son is not guilty
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2018/0...faces-charges-in-second-day-of-court-hearing/
Oh give it up. They both are guilty as hell. Your baby boy has free will, no body forced his hand, nobody forced his jealous fiance either, as her side claims, she was influenced by him.
That poor girl suffered horrorically because both fed off each others perverse nature.
I don't buy one word of his story about consensual sex, and tying up. Blah blah blah
This has Wicked Attraction written all over it.
I hope they both spend the rest of their lives behind bars where they belong. Till they take their last breath.
That would be far more merciful than what they did to Lizette.

This is disturbing. Seems a third person, an unidentified male, was mentioned by Lizette.
I haven't seen any other mention of a third perp in other stories. I hope there's not another killer on the loose!

http://m.goldenstatenewspapers.com/...6a4-105c-11e8-adec-7b1fca42c8d7.html?mode=jqm

"According to Tracy police dispatch records, the department received a call at 3:21 a.m. informing them of the victim on Tesla Road who had been stabbed in the neck. Police were told the victim told CHP officers that the stabbing occurred somewhere in Tracy and named the two suspects and third unknown male person."

Hmmm that is curious, about a third unknown male. No word from LE about this, I assume?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm that is curious, about a third unknown male. No word from LE about this, I assume?

No mention whatsoever. Perhaps it was erroneous reporting as happens sometimes. But it's still weird. No one has made any mention of the 3rd person comment, even on local social media.

This sounds eerily like the Adrianne Jones murder. Two brutal sociopaths proving their 'undying' love to one another.
My heart, and prayers go out to Lizette's family, and loved ones.
After hearing what Daniel Gross' Mother said, This is just like the murder of Adrianne Jones.
Disgusting vile creeps. Both of them.

http://www.abc10.com/article/news/l...ration-can-serve-in-a-courtroom/103-520645977
If it weren't for Cuesta's dying declaration, investigators likely would have had a more difficult time tracking the suspects down. Cuesta's brave last act may be a heavyweight piece of evidence against the pair in the courtroom.

What is a dying declaration?

In a courtroom, hearsay is an out-of-court statement offered as truth. Generally, hearsay is inadmissible as evidence in a trial and is considered unreliable.

However, there are exceptions to the rule.

According to the California Evidence Code, a hearsay statement is not made inadmissible in a criminal or civil case under the Spontaneous, Contemporaneous and Dying Declarations section of Exceptions to the Hearsay Rule.

It states:

"Evidence of a statement made by a dying person respecting the cause and circumstances of his death is not made inadmissible by the hearsay rule if the statement was made upon his personal knowledge and under a sense of immediately impending death. "

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back