CA CA - Los Angeles, BlkMale 15-20, UP#16394, Shot By Police, Feb'68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I personally think that some of the LAPD are not fit for the job, but someone should contact them about this.

I emailed the LA Coroner and asked them where they got the name 'Randolph Houser" from, and this is all they said...

"None of the information you are requesting is available to be released to the public."

No hello, no I'm sorry, nothing but that, kinda rude IMO.

Seems pretty likely that he's native to the LA area. I doubt he would travel from far away just to break into a cleaning store. Did LE check every school in the area? He's got to be in a yearbook somewhere.

Here is a newspaper article dated February 10, 1968 that details the circumstances: http://i.imgur.com/I4AAS68.jpg
TY, @Migmuu

I4AAS68.jpg

What about the owners of the cleaning store? Were they ever questioned on if they recognized the kid?

They were closed, that's when Randolph decided to attempt to break in. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
In the post-mortem picture he looks like a baby. Another kid's life cut short because of bad police training. It isn't new, this has been going on for decades. Why do we teach our police that they are above the law? To shoot to kill? They are judge jury and EXECUTIONER?? What was the worst that could happen, he'd get away and they wouldn't be able to charge him for the crime?! Instead they KILL HIM?? Just because he was breaking and entering doesn't mean he deserved TO DIE.

In the post-mortem picture he looks like a baby. Another kid's life cut short because of bad police training. It isn't new, this has been going on for decades. Why do we teach our police that they are above the law? To shoot to kill? They are judge jury and EXECUTIONER?? What was the worst that could happen, he'd get away and they wouldn't be able to charge him for the crime?! Instead they KILL HIM?? Just because he was breaking and entering doesn't mean he deserved TO DIE.
He looks like he was beaten too. He honestly looks 12-14.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Here's the location where he was shot. Back in 2008 it looked very diffrent, kind of deserted with alot of storges no housing. Back in 1968 it may have been diffrent. It's not to far from South Central, the historical black neighbourhood in LA. My guess is that he lived there, possibly he had moved there recently from the South as part of the great migration. That's perhaps the reason he was never claimed or reported missing at the time, another reason was the little coverage it probably got at the time.

No explenation for why the LE think his name may be RH. I doubt there is DNA in this case anymore for comparsion so perhaps someone came forward.

I may be wrong here but I though I read somewhere in the past that there was other youth at the scene that fled when the police came but JD didn't make it out in time. But now I can't find anything about that, so perhaps im mixing it up with another case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back