CA CA - Los Angeles Co, WhtFem 20-30, UP4456, drug overdose, maybe name 'Patty', Dec'75

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Today I did send an email to ms. Willie and the coroner office (D. Machican) with some questions. I hope they have time to answer them. If you are interested I could sent you the mail by PM.

Thanks so much for doing this......

My mom lived in South LA in the 1970s & hated it. LA has always been a tough place & the influx of drugs just made parts of it hellish.

I still have family there but they work hard to avoid the pitfalls of drugs & bad choices.

Is there any where we can look at profiles/ listings of women listed as missing from South LA in the mid 1970s in particularly. I wish there was a way of finding someone in the local media who would pick up this story it might prompt people to wonder what happened to their cousin aunty etc after all this years.

Don't think she was reported missing...in any case she is not in Namus checked Namus totaly out, with all kind of stats, but no hits who could be her...if you want them...I can post...but it is a lot.....

Every now and then I get so frustrated.......:pullhair:

Don't think she was reported missing...in any case she is not in Namus checked Namus totaly out, with all kind of stats, but no hits who could be her...if you want them...I can post...but it is a lot.....

I agree with you. A lot of people went to LA/Hollywood in the 1960s-70s to find fun or stardom & instead found some hard experiences. Maybe her family figured she hit it big & didn't want anything to do with them anymore.

I bet a DNA/gene chart (like the one that found the ID of Benjamin Kyle) would shed some light on her identity.

Probably to young, to dark hair... Patricia Chesher...also a very strange story...

attachment.php

http://www.nampn.org/cases/chesher_patricia.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/chesher_patricia.html
Patricia Joan Chesher, age 12, was last seen on June 17, 1969 (in 1975 she would have been 18years) in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
On June 17, 1969, at approximately 3:00pm, Patty walked out of the familyhome at 821 San Pedro SE, carrying a booklet of her older brother’s LittleWheels Unicycle Club raffle tickets that she’d hoped to sell around theneighborhood. She went next door, selling ticket # 571 totheir neighbor, Kyle Benton. The raffle tickets were 50 cents, and Mr.Benton only had a dollar bill, so Patty returned home briefly to getchange. She quickly walked out again, and has not been seen by herfamily since.
After canvassing the neighborhood, authorities learned that no otherneighbors had seen Patty, nor had they been asked to buy a raffle ticket.
Authorities questioned Mr. Benton, since he had been the last person to seePatty. The police stated that he behaved strangely, becoming veryemotional, and stating that he was worried that ‘this’ would affect hisretirement plans. Mr. Benton is not known to have any criminalhistory, however.
Soon after Patty’s disappearance, her uncle, Lenville Fey, posted a rewardfor information leading to her whereabouts. A 17 year old girl named Babette came forward andstated that she had seen Patty with a young male ‘hippie’ described asapproximately 18 years old, and with shoulder length hair. Babette statedthat the two were hitchhiking on June 20, three days after Patty went missing,and that she had picked them up and given them a ride to Santa Fe. Babette stated that she knew Patty, and that Patty had told her that theirfinal destination was Taos, NM, and that her mother had given herpermission for the trip.
At this point, police declared Patty a runaway, although her family stilldid not believe that Patty would do something like this.
It was later learned that Patty’s uncle, Lenville Fey, who had posted thereward, had been accused in a police report of molesting some of the Cheshergirls, including Patty. Lenville Fey was a self-describedalcoholic, and was briefly married to Patty’s maternal aunt. Herefused to take a polygraph test in connection with Patty’s disappearance.
Patty’s mother, Betty had a boyfriend named Frank at the time. Frank had told police that he’d been in the Chesher home at 3:30pm on the dayof Patty’s disappearance, although Patty’s siblings recalled him arrivingcloser to 6pm. He proposed to Patty’s mother the day after Patty’sdisappearance, and was turned down. He never offered to search for Patty,and once blurted to friends that they were welcome to check his closets if theythought he was involved in her disappearance. It was odd, as nobody hadsuggested that he was involved, he just seemed to volunteer that out of nowhere.
The neighbor, the uncle, and the mother’s boyfriend are alldeceased. However, there is still one more person of interest whois alive, though unable to cooperate.
Patty’s older sister, Barbara, knew a man named James. Heapparently believed that Barbara was his girlfriend, although Barbara had noromantic interest in him whatsoever. Two days after Pattydisappeared, James checked himself into a mental institution for a nervousbreakdown. He’d stated that he was upset about what happened to Patty,and about his break-up with Barbara.
Remember that all this time, police are still convinced that Patty is arunaway, and has taken off to Taos with a hippie. The case is cold,nobody is really looking for her except for her family.
Decades later, however, the police are asked to reopen the case, as Pattystill has not surfaced. Police attempt to contact James inorder to question him, and speak to one of his family membersinstead. The family member’s reaction: “What took you solong?”
The family member went on to explain that James had confessed to killingPatty, then went crazy. To this day, he remains in a mental institution,incoherent and unable to provide any additional information.
It is not known whether James actually was responsible for Patty’sdisappearance, or if this statement, like his fantasized relationship withBarbara, was a result of mental illness.
Patty’s mother has since died, but her siblings continue to search for her.

Attachments

• Patricia.jpg
    Patricia.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 144
In the profile there is no mention of Patricia having a scar on right knee or tattoo. While the timespan is and first name is a perfect match I dont think it is a match.

Well maybe you can assume that if the scar is made right in the disappearance period although I recognize that it is a bit unlikely ;)

A photograph and a DNA profile would go a long way here.
I'm thinking she may have been one of the JD's that were cremated, so unless they have hair and bone samples, and a picture saved & tucked away in an evidence file somewhere, we're out of luck here.

LE is probably very busy, I hope they react...otherwise I have to send a remember mail....

Perhaps only Carl can help us for this! ;)

If LE did the right thing...that is where my email is all about...all the missing info...and asking them if they could share more....indeed CarkK would be able to get a hold on the post mortem pic, if there is one..

If LE did the right thing...that is where my email is all about...all the missing info...and asking them if they could share more....indeed CarkK would be able to get a hold on the post mortem pic, if there is one..

I have about 100 PM photos from the days when they showed them on the website. But this Jane Doe was not among them.

I have asked LA County Coroner representative if he would allow me to see any of their other PM photos. He has said that he will not permit me to see them.

I have about 100 PM photos from the days when they showed them on the website. But this Jane Doe was not among them.

I have asked LA County Coroner representative if he would allow me to see any of their other PM photos. He has said that he will not permit me to see them.

Thanks anyway Carl; I ask how the law work in these cases? To have at least a sketch? Or you have to go to trial with Dna, Dental or Fingerprints with the similar profiles to find out the identity of this girl?

(rbbm)
That truly stinks, IMHO.

Just for the record. I did send an email twice to the relevant persons with some questions about this UID. Neither of them have been answered up till now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic
Back