CA CA - Los Angeles, Wht/HispFem UP4459, 17-21, jumped off 710 Fwy bridge, Aug'75

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The fingers seem to be one of the few identifiable factors of this Doe - her NamUs profile lists them as being "crippled" so they must have had some significant deformity.

Speaking of the NamUs profile - can someone answer a DNA storage related question? NamUs rated this case a "medium" chance of being solved, but states there is no DNA available. Does this just mean that the DNA isn't in CODIS, or does it mean that there is no DNA and there will never be an opportunity to compare DNA? In other words, are tissues preserved to extract a sample at a later date?

Los Angeles county frequently cremated unidentified remains in the old days. And since this appears to be a suicide (not a murder), they probably didn't retain any biological samples either.

At this point, I would guess that they won't be able to get any DNA for this UID.

:bump: Its been 37 years this month since this young woman jumped to her death. Hopefully, she will be identified soon (I know, I said something like this last year at this time, but she is someone I would really like to see identified).

Interesting. I was running possibles on 1970's cases again. While running this Jane Doe case, Except for the fingers issue (which is not something typically mentioned in a MP listing) and her weight range being above the Jane Doe's measured weight, this recently listed missing girl seems to tie in pretty well to the Jane Doe's particulars.

The Date of Last Contact is obviously a guess, so the time frame might be much less than indicated here.

Note that the Jane Doe's hair length ("below shoulder length - as opposed to "below shoulders") is slightly misleading.

Ana Daisy Guevara Valdez
9ff0c962-f4e2-4ec8-b679-117a78c3d03c.jpg

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/39536/0

*****Ana Daisy Guevara ValdezJane Doe UP4459Comparison
Race:​
HispanicWhite (w/Black hair)Inconclusive
2117-21Within Range
Height:​
60 - 65 inches61 inchesWithin Range
Weight:​
120-140 lbs103 lbsBelow Range
Hair Color:​
BlackBlackMatch
Hair Length:​
Above Shoulders"Below Shoulder Length"Match
Date LKA/Discovery Date:​
1-Jan-1974 (estimated)2-Aug-1975Up to 20 Months (likely less)
Loc LKA/Discovery Loc:​
Los AngelesLos AngelesMatch

Until recently, I had assumed no one had seen this UID until after she jumped onto the freeway. I was really surprised when Daniel Machain told me via e-mail that there were witnesses who had seen her on the bridge prior to jumping. The people who had seen her at this time said that she was Hispanic or possibly Caucasian. He writes --

Her identification potential has been recently upgraded from very low to medium on NamUs. While there isn't DNA or dental records for her, the LA Coroner has a set of her fingerprints in her file. The congenital defect of her index fingers is something that Inv. Machain says could also be used to identify her.
I wish we knew if she spoke with any sort of accent.

I know there is an old thread about this, but since then a reconstruction has been released. This young woman/girl was found deceased after having died by suicide. (She jumped into oncoming vehicles.) She was most likely between 17 & 21 and her weight was measured to be 103lbs, with her height being 5ft 1in. She was probably white/caucasian, but there is a possibility she might have been Hispanic. The only identifier currently available for her is fingerprints. So no dentals or DNA. Therefore visual identification with this new reconstruction is probably her best chance at getting identified.
NCMU1104354c1 (1).png

Los Angeles Jane Doe has been unidentified for 49 years today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back