CA CA - Los Angeles, WhtFem UP4311, 30-50, GSW, Tattoos: Tiger, Scorpion, Crab, Feb'82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone know if they confirmed her gender via DNA?
I'm inclined to think she is female (Lesbian)
At least this is my first inclination. Just a vibe I get.
You can confirm biological sex with DNA. You cannot confirm gender. Gender is how someone identifies, sex is what they were assigned at birth (usually).

Female DNA does not mean this person was a woman. They could just as easily be a trans man.

You can confirm biological sex with DNA. You cannot confirm gender. Gender is how someone identifies, sex is what they were assigned at birth (usually).

Female DNA does not mean this person was a woman. They could just as easily be a trans man.
That's what I meant. Susikatze said it might be only mtDNA. (maternal DNA)

I know it is transferred from the mother and both sexes have it. It may only be 1/2 of the DNA. If you have YDNA you are definitely male, but mtDNA does not contain YDNA.

That's what I meant. Susikatze said it might be only mtDNA. (maternal DNA)

I know it is transferred from the mother and both sexes have it. It may only be 1/2 of the DNA. If you have YDNA you are definitely male, but mtDNA does not contain YDNA.
We know this person is biologically female and wouldn't have YDNA. They were found not long after death, so I imagine LE knows they were biologically female from their genitalia. But neither genitalia nor two X chromosomes means someone identifies as a woman :)

We know this person is biologically female and wouldn't have YDNA. They were found not long after death, so I imagine LE knows they were biologically female from their genitalia. But neither genitalia nor two X chromosomes means someone identifies as a woman :)
But I'm trying to determine if she's transgender. Transgender Julie Doe was found in 1982. But it wasn't until 2015, when they performed a DNA test, that they determine she was born a male. By 2015, autosomal DNA was the standard. After that, I believe they did more tests and determined that she was on hormones and had gender reassignment surgery.

If you have only 1/2 of the DNA sample can you tell whether they were born xy or xx? Or will all the genders be x_? In some of these old cases, the quality of DNA obtained was poor. For instance my dad's mtDNA was the same has his mother's. My mtDNA or mitochondrial DNA is my mother's. But my autosomal or nuclear DNA is a combination of my mother and father's.

Screenshot Capture - 2024-07-25 - 04-33-55.png

Last edited:
But I'm trying to determine if she's transgender. Transgender Julie Doe was found in 1982. But it wasn't until 2015, when they performed a DNA test, that they determine she was born a male. By 2015, autosomal DNA was the standard. After that, I believe they did more tests and determined that she was on hormones and had gender reassignment surgery.

If you have only 1/2 of the DNA sample can you tell whether they were born xy or xx? Or will all the genders be x_? In some of these old cases, the quality of DNA obtained was poor. For instance my dad's mtDNA was the same has his mother's. My mtDNA or mitochondrial DNA is my mother's. But my autosomal or nuclear DNA is a combination of my mother and father's.

View attachment 520386

This person wasn't a trans woman though, they were either a cis woman or a trans man. They clearly presented as masculine and every indication at autopsy was that they were assigned female at birth. I don't think anyone is suggesting they were a trans woman?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back