CA CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Settlement would give missing woman's boyfriend 50% of liquidated estate​

Whoa, I didn't see this coming. So they want to sell all of Dia's properties immediately, put $300,000 into a reward fund, and the rest of the proceeds to be held until Dia is declared dead in 3 years' time (if her body is not found sooner) at which point KH gets 50% and Dia's children each get 25%.

I wonder what happens if KH dies before the three years is up.

Also, very interesting that DF attended the mediation with KH in July 2022. I thought she had moved away and distanced herself from him.

I hope whoever ends up buying the property has better luck there than poor Dia (and Jodi Newkirk).

I remember KH putting up a $10,000 reward when Dia first went missing, but I don't recall the children ever putting up any reward money to find Dia or for info about her disappearance. I find Clinton saying that it is a reason he'd go along with this settlement agreement somewhat questionable. Why didn't the children put up reward money back in 2020?

I remember KH putting up a $10,000 reward when Dia first went missing, but I don't recall the children ever putting up any reward money to find Dia or for info about her disappearance. I find Clinton saying that it is a reason he'd go along with this settlement agreement somewhat questionable. Why didn't the children put up reward money back in 2020?
Keith Harper’s reward was for Dia’s “safe return” not for information on her whereabouts or her location (dead or alive). If he knew she wasn’t coming back, a $10,000 “safe return” reward would be meaningless. Also, as I recall the reward was never official. It was said in passing with no real attempt to get the word out.

I have to say - thank you for providing those links... but unfortunately neither of them work for me - access denied. Probably because of the EU rule.

And the video - I got to 18 seconds - and my computer froze up - and had to close ALL my tabs!! So not going to try it again.

I noticed in that first 18 seconds the reporter mentioned a hearing scheduled for next week - anyone know the date of it.

and basically what jash said above:
Whoa, I didn't see this coming. So they want to sell all of Dia's properties immediately, put $300,000 into a reward fund, and the rest of the proceeds to be held until Dia is declared dead in 3 years' time (if her body is not found sooner) at which point KH gets 50% and Dia's children each get 25%.

is in this settlement agreement or more. Just trying to update my notes! TIA if anyone can help me! :) maybe @Curious Me ?? :)

I have to say - thank you for providing those links... but unfortunately neither of them work for me - access denied. Probably because of the EU rule.

And the video - I got to 18 seconds - and my computer froze up - and had to close ALL my tabs!! So not going to try it again.

I noticed in that first 18 seconds the reporter mentioned a hearing scheduled for next week - anyone know the date of it.

and basically what jash said above:

is in this settlement agreement or more. Just trying to update my notes! TIA if anyone can help me! :) maybe @Curious Me ?? :)

The date of the hearing is November 1st (10:00 am).

All parties approved a settlement “term sheet” in August... Harper's attorney died unexpectedly in September and the final settlement agreement was never signed by the parties.

Harper is now representing himself in pro per...

If the settlement agreement is approved, an independent trustee would be put in place to immediately liquidate Abrams' estate.

If Abrams were to be found alive after her estate was liquidated, she would be entitled to receive all funds from the sale of her estate.

Abrams’ adult children will ask Judge John G. Evans to approve the settlement agreement at a hearing in Palm Springs probate court on November 1 at 10 a.m. in Dept. PS3 (Case # PRIN2100297).

www.cbs8.com/article/news/local/settlement-would-give-missing-womans-boyfriend-liquidated-estate/509-3cbfb106-bdc3-411f-92f5-52477328fd3f

The date of the hearing is November 1st (10:00 am).

All parties approved a settlement “term sheet” in August... Harper's attorney died unexpectedly in September and the final settlement agreement was never signed by the parties.

Harper is now representing himself in pro per...

If the settlement agreement is approved, an independent trustee would be put in place to immediately liquidate Abrams' estate.

If Abrams were to be found alive after her estate was liquidated, she would be entitled to receive all funds from the sale of her estate.

Abrams’ adult children will ask Judge John G. Evans to approve the settlement agreement at a hearing in Palm Springs probate court on November 1 at 10 a.m. in Dept. PS3 (Case # PRIN2100297).

www.cbs8.com/article/news/local/settlement-would-give-missing-womans-boyfriend-liquidated-estate/509-3cbfb106-bdc3-411f-92f5-52477328fd3f

Thank you! Thank you! VERY much appreciated! :)

...Why didn't the children put up reward money back in 2020?
While it's true that KH's offer to put up reward money wasn't very seriously pursuing info on Dia's disappearance, I do wonder why Dia's children didn't put up reward money at that time. (?) It just seems late to be doing it now. JMOO

That they are all going to enter into this agreement is so strange to me. The very fact that Dia changed the Trustee only a couple of weeks before disappearing begged for a thorough investigation. I would've thought an investigation would've uncovered a lot more inconsistencies that LE recognized as such. Also, having a (former) Secret Service person involved also should've brought out more real info and evidence, and yet Dia's disappearance has remained an unsolved (possible) homicide.

The fact is Dia was most likely murdered, and it was likely planned, and people have gotten away with it.

Disappointed that Dia has not gotten Justice at all. All MOO.

While it's true that KH's offer to put up reward money wasn't very seriously pursuing info on Dia's disappearance, I do wonder why Dia's children didn't put up reward money at that time. (?) It just seems late to be doing it now. JMOO

That they are all going to enter into this agreement is so strange to me. The very fact that Dia changed the Trustee only a couple of weeks before disappearing begged for a thorough investigation. I would've thought an investigation would've uncovered a lot more inconsistencies that LE recognized as such. Also, having a (former) Secret Service person involved also should've brought out more real info and evidence, and yet Dia's disappearance has remained an unsolved (possible) homicide.

The fact is Dia was most likely murdered, and it was likely planned, and people have gotten away with it.

Disappointed that Dia has not gotten Justice at all. All MOO.
I agree on the secret service aspect. Where is Diane Fedder? With her connections she could and should be advocating for Dia more. It was pre-meditated homicide as you stated. MOO.

I don't think people have gotten away with it yet.

It is quite possible that LE is working deeply on it and is just being secretive to protect the investigation. That is what I like to think, anyways.

In my opinion, too many people know what happened for it to remain a secret for long. I think someone said on here that "three people can keep a secret...if two are dead." I think more than three people have knowledge of what happened. Lets pray it comes out. Maybe they will turn on each other or have already begun.

Tuesday, November 1st:
*Probate Settlement Hearing (@ 10am PT in Palm Springs) - CA – Lydia “Dia” W. Kenshalo Abrams (65) (last seen @ 2:30pm June 6, 2020 from her 117-acre Bonita Vista Ranch, in a remote area east of Mountain Center, Idyllwild; vehicle, handbag, keys & cell phone still at home. Not found.
*Children of Abram’s request to remove Harper as trustee of ranch & other estate properties.
Crisara Abrams is the sole trustee of the Clem Abrams Trust.
Info on disappearance & court info thru 6/6/22 reference post #394 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...rams-65-idyllwild-6-jun-2020-2.592392/page-20

7/2/22 Update: The attorneys hired by Clinton & Crisara Abrams spent 6 hours going through events with Keith Harper.
for more info see post #302 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...rams-65-idyllwild-6-jun-2020-2.592392/page-16
Probate hearing on 9/19/22.

9/19/22 Update: Judge John G. Evans present. Clinton Abrams present telephonically represented by pro per. Jacquetta Mechelle Bardacos present telephonically attorney representing Keith Harper. Joubin Hanassab is telephonically present representing Clinton Abrams-telephonically present, Crisara Abrans. Continuance request by Bardacos as Harper’s lawyer Dennis J. Healey died on 8/31/22. Hearing continued to 1/5/23 @ 8:45am. The hearing will be held in person, but can appear telephonically.
10/26/22 Update: All parties approved a settlement “term sheet” in August. Harper's attorney died unexpectedly in September & the final settlement agreement was never signed by the parties. Harper is now representing himself in pro se. If the settlement agreement is approved, an independent trustee would be put in place to immediately liquidate Abrams' estate. If Abrams were to be found alive after her estate was liquidated, she would be entitled to receive all funds from the sale of her estate. Abrams’ adult children will ask Judge John G. Evans to approve the settlement agreement at a hearing in Palm Springs probate court on 11/1/22 at 10am.

Wednesday, November 16th:
*Probate Settlement Hearing (@ 10am PT in Palm Springs) - CA – Lydia “Dia” W. Kenshalo Abrams (65) (last seen @ 2:30pm June 6, 2020 from her 117-acre Bonita Vista Ranch, in a remote area east of Mountain Center, Idyllwild; vehicle, handbag, keys & cell phone still at home. Not found.
*Children of Abram’s request to remove Harper as trustee of ranch & other estate properties. Riverside County
5/27/22: Crisara Abrams is the sole trustee of the Clem Abrams Trust.
Info on disappearance & probate court info 6/6/20 thru 9/19/22 reference post #432 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...rams-65-idyllwild-6-jun-2020-2.592392/page-22

10/26/22 Update: All parties approved a settlement “term sheet” in August. Harper's attorney died unexpectedly in September & the final settlement agreement was never signed by the parties. Harper is now representing himself in pro se. If the settlement agreement is approved, an independent trustee would be put in place to immediately liquidate Abrams' estate. If Abrams were to be found alive after her estate was liquidated, she would be entitled to receive all funds from the sale of her estate. Abrams’ adult children will ask Judge John G. Evans to approve the settlement agreement at a hearing in Palm Springs probate court on 11/1/22 at 10am.
11/1/22 Update: Notice of Ex Parte Application for Approval of Term Sheet or Alternatively for Suspension of Trustee & appointment of Temporary Trustee. In the Matter of: Dia Kenshalo Abrams. Honorable John G. Evans, Judge J. Diaz, courtroom assistant & C. Johnson, court reporter. Appearances: Diana Fedder is present telephonically, represented by pro per Keith Harper is present in person, represented by pro per, Matthew R Owens is present telephonically, attorney representing Clinton Abrams, Crisara Abrams, also telephonically present. Other Appearance Notes: Richard Munro is telephonically present. Issues discussed in court. Hearing Continued to 11/16/22 at 10:00am Dept. PS3. Reason for Continuance: Keith Harper to retain counsel.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back