CA CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
...Where is it mentioned in concrete that this woman was an actual employee? Or is there any other relationship mentioned?...
It does say she was a ranch hand working on the ranch. If she was an employee working on the property, or even if she was a guest on the property, I believe it's going to fall hard on KH and his trusteeship eventually.
What do you think? JMO here-- even if this was an
actual accident, like this on the property, it's going to have repercussions. I think it's still going to fall back on KH, and his Trustee responsibilities....
Please read my full post. I think this will aid the children in their fight for a new Trustee. They brought up KH's past charges in their petition, and cast shade on his and DF's reputation, they mentioned how KH was being investigated still for Dia's disappearance, so I'm sure they'll bring this up next.
Good questions, Curious Me! I agree that Dia's ranch might have some liability for an employee's death, especially if said death happened during their shift, and that the fallout will most likely hit KH and his (apparent) trusteeship hard. I have other questions about that...
Yes, I believe KH is still the Trustee in charge on the ranch at this time because the hearing is to be continued on May 9, 2022. That date is close to the time two years ago that Dia signed those papers. KH has managed to hang on to his hold on the property, but this may be too costly or shake him up enough to let go of it.

...There are no landlines on the ranch and the cell service is sketch unless you have a satellite patch like Hughes etc.. I do know that fire had radios that worked at places on the ranch. My guess is KH had to travel to call service to call out...
Thanks. Interesting that you say KH might've had to travel to get reception on his cell phone to make the call. I wonder if KH was right there when this "accident" happened, or if he was notified by someone else. KH was the one to call for emergency help. So, perhaps he called then but went back to the scene where the injured woman lay dying. Responders were not able to reach him because he was out of the cell phone reception area again. Just speculating, trying to imagine how it went down.

BTW, did the ranch have any ATVs on it when you visited or were ATVs mentioned in conversation with Dia ever? I imagine it might be a good way to get around a large property parcel.

That's understandable, but what isn't is that they almost immediately deemed this a Homicide Investigation.
m1828.gif
This could shed light on Dia's case, so I pray LE isn't lax in their investigation.

I hope the new case only adds steam to the old one. I don't want Dia to be forgotten or even put on the back burner more than she already seems to have been. Her death needs to be solved and those involved need to be held 100% accountable. It needs to be treated as if it happened yesterday!
BBM. Yes, and if it might happen again tomorrow!

Thanks. Interesting that you say KH might've had to travel to get reception on his cell phone to make the call. I wonder if KH was right there when this "accident" happened, or if he was notified by someone else. KH was the one to call for emergency help. So, perhaps he called then but went back to the scene where the injured woman lay dying. Responders were not able to reach him because he was out of the cell phone reception area again. Just speculating, trying to imagine how it went down.

BTW, did the ranch have any ATVs on it when you visited or were ATVs mentioned in conversation with Dia ever? I imagine it might be a good way to get around a large property parcel.

That's understandable, but what isn't is that they almost immediately deemed this a Homicide Investigation.
m1828.gif
This could shed light on Dia's case, so I pray LE isn't lax in their investigation.

Yes, there were ATVs there.

m1828.gif

There were no atvs when I was last there. I saw a photo at one point of Dia sitting in a side by side.. I have no clue where thst photo was located or who owned the side by side.
My gut feeling says there are two possibilities.. Where it is being investigated as a homicide raises my suspicions. (1) KH could have been involved in it.. It appears sloppy on his part if he were the perpetrator. (2) This raises my suspicions of the families involvement in Dias disappearance. This episode could be an act to further remove KH from the picture. The big winner for the family was to have Dia out of the picture and out of their business. WHEN they found KH and DF were involved was just another obstacle in their way. It is just not about the properties but all of the business dealings attached to the big picture. Dangerous situation and no one is going to stand in their way.

Yes, there were ATVs there.
Thanks. Glad to see you're still around.
...(1) KH could have been involved in it.. It appears sloppy on his part if he were the perpetrator. (2) This raises my suspicions of the families involvement in Dias disappearance. This episode could be an act to further remove KH from the picture. The big winner for the family was to have Dia out of the picture and out of their business...
I see what you mean, @Sun Spot. I've followed cases where it turns out there's no connection or motive like we thought and sleuthed about, but some unrelated person with a totally different motive. However, in this case, as people say "follow the money"... it just seems it must have something to do with financial gain. This latest development sheds more suspicion on KH, or perhaps he's being set-up and framed. Wouldn't the children have to have an "insider" at the ranch to know what's going on there?

How does, JKN, this 46 yr. woman who lost her life fit in? Was she involved in some way or know something? Her death on the ranch under KH's watch is an inconvenient development for him, but then again, maybe he's being framed. In any case, it seems there's someone out there willing to kill people.

I know I'm posting a lot, but I want to call attention to Dia's case and now this unexplained possible homicide. I feel Dia was cheated. It's frustrating that Dia has not been found, that her family has not searched for her, and that Dia's case has not been solved. All the attention has been on the estate. How much of an investigation can we
hope for now in this new homicide investigation? All MOO.

Framed - to falsely incriminate someone for some crime or wrongdoing, as by planting evidence or giving false testimony.

IMO anything is possible in this entire case. I do not trust any of the individuals involved. I do not feel any of them are telling the truth. I feel that they are using selective truth and half facts to manipulate all. All are dangerous and IMO will take anyone that gets in the way of their agenda.
I hope all comes to light and all are brought to justice. THERE ARE NO INNOCENT PARTIES INVOLVED.
JUSTICE FOR DIA hopefully soon.

IMO anything is possible in this entire case. I do not trust any of the individuals involved. I do not feel any of them are telling the truth...
@Sun Spot, our VI, yes, must agree-- Everybody is suspicious in this case. We have both "sides" giving interviews on news videos and we have lots of court documents to study both sides. Yes, I've watched them several times, and feel there's lies coming from both sides. The "follow the money" premise includes both sides, as well, for the time being. MOO, it seems more than likely this could've been a premeditated plan for monetary gain.
s1001.gif

The son said he was close and loving with his mother, Dia, even though, IMO, it was nasty what both her children did in Probate court to deny her and block her from obtaining more of the marital estate once Clem died. Son said there were no hard feelings...baloney, IMO.
s1001.gif

What do you think are the lies KH is telling? KH says Dia suspected son might harm her and didn't want her children getting any of her estate. You have mentioned Dia being afraid. However, KH was the last one to see Dia. There's never been much confirmation they were engaged like he says. Dia went missing and KH took off on such an important business trip while Dia was still missing! It's beyond strange that Dia signed over Trusteeship to KH and DF and weeks later disappeared and has not been found to this day.

There's other suspicious possibilities like the grow site, neighbors, etc., Now this latest development.
Press Releases • Riverside County Sheriff, CA • CivicEngage (riversidesheriff.org)

ATV fatality reported at Idyllwild ranch of missing woman, Abrams | cbs8.com

Body of Riverside County woman found in open field, death probed as 'suspicious': Sheriff (msn.com)

Body of Riverside County woman found in open field, death probed as 'suspicious': Sheriff - NewsBreak

Last edited:
My own two eyes.
Welcome @Gracey1820. :)

I hope you will become verified if you are an insider. If you are verified, you can provide information without links. Otherwise, links are needed.
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Quoting Tricia, Websleuths owner:
If you know a person connected to a case or you are a professional of some sort that would like to comment on a case then you become verified.
When you are verified you do not have to provide links to back up what you say.
Verification process

In any case, I think we can assume there was an ATV on the property and on the scene in this latest development.

A big Thank You to David Gotfredson for his investigative reporting. Most media stations has been using his reports. He has been an invaluable source of info on Dia's case.

ATV fatality reported at Idyllwild ranch of missing woman, Abrams | abc10.com
Author: David Gotfredson (Investigative Producer)
Published: 10:09 AM PST December 24, 2021

Updated: 7:16 PM PST December 26, 2021

Update: On Sunday, Dec 26, 2021 the Riverside County Sheriff identified the victim:
"The victim has been identified as 46 year-old, Jodi Newkirk, a resident of the Mountain Center community.

Hi all. I did not meet the requirements needed to be a verified insider, so I suppose I cannot share info anymore about experiences/observations I had while being on the property, being I cannot provide links to back it up.

When you are verified you do not have to provide links to back up what you say.
Verification process
Hi all. I did not meet the requirements needed to be a verified insider, so I suppose I cannot share info anymore about experiences/observations I had while being on the property, being I cannot provide links to back it up.
Oh Gracey, it's appreciated that you are trying to become a VI.
I know you have inside info we would love to hear.
You heard and saw things you could share. I don't know all of what makes someone qualify; however, just so you know, the way I understand it, if you become a Verified Insider you don't have to provide links. You probably could prove your connection to your info. Well, in any case, please stick around. :)

Another woman lost at Bonita Vista Ranch near Idyllwild Woman dies at Bonita Vista Ranch near Idyllwild | cbs8.com
Thank You. Just saw the article in my MSN news feed. Gold Mine of news article with so much information. Excellent reporting, more info than we hoped for. Just so disturbing this woman lost her life on the ranch during the holidays. So Sad. I like to get some of the article quoted here.

Woman dies at Bonita Vista Ranch near Idyllwild | cbs8.com
It was Keith Harper who called police around 5 p.m. on December 23 to report Newkirk had been killed on the ranch in a ATV rollover accident. He told sheriff investigators that Newkirk had been riding a quad on the property, during a rainstorm, because she wanted to cut down a live Christmas tree.

Harper said he discovered the quad on top of the woman and performed CPR on her before authorities arrived and found Newkirk deceased.

Riverside Sheriff announced in an online news release that the incident was a “suspicious death” and that Newkirk had “unexplained injuries,” which were not consistent with an ATV rollover accident. Homicide detectives are investigating, according to the news release.

“This was not an accident. But as far as the investigation, we know nothing and we're just hoping that answers come from the toxicology,” said Berkowitz.

Newkirk was the mother of two teenage children who lived with their fathers.

“She loved her children more than anything and she loved her family. She was loved. She should still be here with us. She should still be riding bareback up a hill on her horse, and enjoying life and working. She was a wonderful person,” said Berkowitz.

[...]

A memorial is planned for Jodi Newkirk on Saturday, January 8, 2022 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the Salvation Army in Perris, California.

Quoting from the MSN article so we have some of the info to discuss here. It's going to take me awhile to process all this, and grapple with the fact that this has been deemed a suspicious possible homicide. :( Dia disappears so mysteriously, and now this woman dies.

Another woman lost at Bonita Vista Ranch near Idyllwild (msn.com)
She had been working on the sprawling property since early August, as a ranch hand taking care of the horses.

“My sister was what you would describe as an outdoors woman. She was a horse trainer,” said Newkirk’s sister, Kelly Berkowitz. "She was extremely strong. Although she was probably 100 pounds soaking wet and barely over five feet, she could hold her own. When you were in her presence, she was intimidating even with her small stature because she was just a very strong, outdoorsy, capable woman."

Berkowitz said she last spoke to her sister the day before she died.

“She was in a great mood. She was up in the mountains, and she loved being in nature. And she spent all day outside. So, she really felt like she had gotten her dream job,” recalled Berkowitz.

[...]

He [Harper] was her boss. He was the one who gave her direction and told her what needed to be done. And she kept lists of everything he told her to do. And she would check those off,” said Berkowitz.

Harper, 72, also was Newkirk's landlord, as she was living in a house ten miles away in Garner Valley, a property also once owned by Dia Abrams at the time of her disappearance.

“She [Newkirk] was paying him rent. And she was struggling. I don't think she was making what she deserved.,” said Berkowitz.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhartley90
Back