CA CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The article is from Sept. 1, 2023, so its fairly recent. Perhaps the judge or news outlet made an error with the next hearing date.

The article also states that no tax returns have been filed for Abrams' estate since 2017.

Maybe the 6th... I shall put it on there.
If someone has access to the Riverside County - I don't = here's some info

. Riverside County #D201590018 / Trust Pet. #PRIN2100297

Honest question: were the children merely trying to cut the self-titled fiancé off? As adult children might if a gullible parent were being catfished online?

Dia strikes me as a generally trusting person. Kind, good-hearted. Perhaps the children feared she was being taken advantage of and Dia felt it was controlling and unwarranted, assuming instead the best of people's intentions.

Maybe I'm way off but I don't feel like the children were trying to take it away from her so much as they didn't want him to get it.

Imagine if Dia was simply trusting. Didn't think someone who was so helpful had greedy, untoward motives. Her children saw red flags that she did not, creating tension between her and them. And nobody dreamed the worry was well-founded and that situation was fast on its way to deadly.

I think it's very possible that Dia was restrained, sedated, and removed from the property alive, only to be discarded after a long drive to a remote location.

Who saw Dia last? Start there.

Finish there.

Jmo
If you're referring to pre-disappearance efforts by the kids, then yes, this does make sense ... except for Clinton saying they'd never heard of KH until Dia went missing. Afterwards, when the changes to Dia's Trust (for her properties) were made known, they went after both KH and Fedder to have them removed as Trustees. Then Fedder left, leavin only KH in their sights.

This is just how I remember it, and MOO. I'll provide some links for anyone that wants to go back into the legal battle between Dia's children, and KH along with DF. You can form your own opinion.

Dia's children arrived at the ranch after she went missing, unaware that she had changed the trusteeship, and were ready to take over the property, daughter taking pics, them starting to change locks. IIRC, they hadn't been close or coming up the the ranch to visit. It's not like they, or anybody else that's come forward, knew Dia was engaged to that guy KH. Far as I can tell, DF was the only one even confirming a relationship, and said Dia was trying to break up with KH the week she went missing.

(Don't ask me where I read this, but I remember I think it was KH who said the son had married and brought his wife to the ranch, but it didn't sound like a close family visit. I've searched for confirmation that mother & son had the kind of loving relationship he says they had.)

Dia's children weren't visiting the ranch much according to KH, as he stated in legal documents.

The legal paperwork back and forth reveals a bunch of allegations from Dia's children about KH & DF. Of course, it stands to reason, KH & DF had to be saying Dia felt threatened by her children and wanted them to have nothing. So, it got ugly in legal documents.

"Harper also alleged Clinton Abrams tried to poison his mother “six years ago” when she was hospitalized with lower back surgery in San Diego.

“When she woke up in the recovery room, she was surprised to see her son Clinton,..."

This is KH after the children's initial move.
1694890324383.png

"6. In the five years I spent with Dia, I only remember her son, Clinton, coming to the ranch on two occasions. I never saw her daughter, Crisara, come to the ranch."

g61010.gif
g61010.gif

Here's the other side's initial move:
1694891118141.png
1694892009771.png

I just watched the ID Disappeared show. I hadn't heard of this case previously.

Reactions:
1. No mention of phone location info for Dia, KH, or her kids. Dia's phone was at home, but who were her last calls/texts to and at what times? Does KH's phone location data show he was on the property all day as he said? Were the kids anywhere near the property? Maybe LE has this information and isn't sharing it.
2. Apparently there weren't any cameras on the property (no mention of cameras), but were there any cameras along the roads going to and from the property.
3. KH talking about the case gave me a Charles Merritt (McStay family) vibe. Seemingly relaxed and being helpful, but something is just off.

I just watched the ID Disappeared show. I hadn't heard of this case previously.

Reactions:
1. No mention of phone location info for Dia, KH, or her kids. Dia's phone was at home, but who were her last calls/texts to and at what times? Does KH's phone location data show he was on the property all day as he said? Were the kids anywhere near the property? Maybe LE has this information and isn't sharing it.
2. Apparently there weren't any cameras on the property (no mention of cameras), but were there any cameras along the roads going to and from the property.
3. KH talking about the case gave me a Charles Merritt (McStay family) vibe. Seemingly relaxed and being helpful, but something is just off.
It's been frustrating for all of us who are monitoring this case. I'm sure there is critical info that LE has not shared with the public. I also think that at some point maybe all the info should be released in a last ditch effort to see if any of it triggers new info from all of us and the others who may have seen something not knowing it is related. A last ditch effort I suppose.

1697507251470.jpegNeighbors woke up early Sunday morning to the sound of a sheriff helicopter flying over the ranch in Mountain Center. On a loudspeaker, officers told Abrams' boyfriend and ranch manager, Keith Harper, to come outside because they were serving a search warrant, according to a witness.

View attachment 453823Neighbors woke up early Sunday morning to the sound of a sheriff helicopter flying over the ranch in Mountain Center. On a loudspeaker, officers told Abrams' boyfriend and ranch manager, Keith Harper, to come outside because they were serving a search warrant, according to a witness.
My main question about this latest development is a simple one. "Why now?" Prayers they find Dia.

"Neighbors said investigators also brought in heavy equipment – a backhoe on the rear of a trailer – presumably to dig up areas on the ranch where they suspected Abrams’ remains could be located."

My main question about this latest development is a simple one. "Why now?" Prayers they find Dia.

"Neighbors said investigators also brought in heavy equipment – a backhoe on the rear of a trailer – presumably to dig up areas on the ranch where they suspected Abrams’ remains could be located."

I can not access the link - can you give a little more info? I would like to put something in my notes for this case.
TIA! :)

edited to add - and what date was this search on? never mind I see Sunday... :rolleyes:

View attachment 453823Neighbors woke up early Sunday morning to the sound of a sheriff helicopter flying over the ranch in Mountain Center. On a loudspeaker, officers told Abrams' boyfriend and ranch manager, Keith Harper, to come outside because they were serving a search warrant, according to a witness.

What in the world is this all about? The "execution of Dia" on June 6, 2020?!? And it was caught on video??! Who was arrested on Memorial Day weekend?

www.cbs8.com/article/news/local/warrant-served-on-ranch-of-missing-woman-dia-abrams/509-aac95910-b50c-4de2-bae9-7da88532c7ae

CBS 8 reached out Keith Harper for comment on the search warrant being served. He texted CBS 8 the following statement:

“Same warrant as in her disappearance and what did they find, nothing. On Thursday Riverside County Attorney investigator Patrick Kenny was ask to investigate corruption charges on Alberto Loureio for failure to Provide proof that the those who were arrested on the Memorial weekend were the same that were present on June 6th, 2020 and performed the execution Of Dia Abrams. Clearly present on the video footage currently in the hand of Roberto Loureio who has refused to release the recording, requested by the Director of the Find Me organization. If it clearly shows the execution Dia then why is She presently listed as a missing person. KENNY provided the contact of how were to file the corruption order but preferred not to personally get involved. Loureio reacted by filling a third requested search warrant on the Ranch. Again coming up empty handed.”

I can not access the link - can you give a little more info? I would like to put something in my notes for this case.

edited to add - and what date was this search on? never mind I see Sunday... :rolleyes:

www.cbs8.com/article/news/local/warrant-served-on-ranch-of-missing-woman-dia-abrams

This past weekend, volunteers with the Riverside Mountain Rescue team were seen searching the remote and rugged ranch for the seventh time, according to one team member who spoke to CBS 8.

The latest search effort came 10 days after a $300,000 reward was announced for information in the case leading to the arrest of a suspect and the discovery of Abrams’ remains.

A Riverside Sheriff public information officer emailed CBS 8 a statement on Sunday saying, “Riverside County Sheriff's Office personnel are in the 58000 block of Bonita Vista Road in Mountain Center serving a search warrant. No arrests have been made at this time. Currently, no further details are available.”

This is the video that was embedded at the link. It contains essentially the same information as in the article.

Do we know who is behind the $300,000 reward? This is the website referenced in the poster. Very suspicious that they are soliciting tips directly, instead of funneling them to law enforcement.

These Rewards of $300,000 in total are being offered by the Dia Kenshalo Abrams Trust Dated December 16, 2016 (“the Trust”), subject to the terms and conditions below. Each Reward may be paid in whole to one person, or in any part to several persons, at the sole and absolute discretion of the Court appointed Co-Trustee of the Trust.

I thought maybe KH was behind this but now I'm thinking it's more likely Dia's children. The website says "Claimed fiancé Keith Harper said he had lunch with Dia Abrams on the afternoon of her disappearance and last saw her at 2:30 p.m. He claims he went to mow the grass and do other ranch work." The use of claimed/claims tells me whoever is behind it isn't buying KH's stories.

Thanks ALL for all that info! :D

Haha, sorry for the posting spree! After what felt like an information drought, I'm now overloading. I really hope there is resolution and justice for Dia.

It makes me ill that KH has taken over her beloved ranch. He is now renting out cabins under the name "Cali Great Escapes"... more like Great Escapes from Justice. :mad:

Do we know who is behind the $300,000 reward? This is the website referenced in the poster. Very suspicious that they are soliciting tips directly, instead of funneling them to law enforcement.

These Rewards of $300,000 in total are being offered by the Dia Kenshalo Abrams Trust Dated December 16, 2016 (“the Trust”), subject to the terms and conditions below. Each Reward may be paid in whole to one person, or in any part to several persons, at the sole and absolute discretion of the Court appointed Co-Trustee of the Trust.

I thought maybe KH was behind this but now I'm thinking it's more likely Dia's children. The website says "Claimed fiancé Keith Harper said he had lunch with Dia Abrams on the afternoon of her disappearance and last saw her at 2:30 p.m. He claims he went to mow the grass and do other ranch work." The use of claimed/claims tells me whoever is behind it isn't buying KH's stories.
The reward is being offered by/via the Trust, IAW the court order which also requires disposal of the properties (proceeds to be split 50% KH / 50% kids less the $300k reward). KH offered a small reward at the beginning, The kids offered a larger one a year later. Proceeds forfeit if they're shown to be complicit in Dia's disappearance.

It makes me ill that KH has taken over her beloved ranch. He is now renting out cabins under the name "Cali Great Escapes"... more like Great Escapes from Justice. :mad:
Good one, @jash. Too true though. Now it seems Dia could be buried out there waiting to be found. (Not sure I think she is on that property though. Do you?) All I know is I can't wait for an arrest. Yes, I believe it'll happen someday.
At least there is action....it must have been a somewhat credible lead for that many officers and that kind of equipment to show up. We wait!\
Yes, we've been waiting and waiting, @stuntpuppy. From what I remember from the Airbnb guests, KH loves to get chummy and talk to them. Makes me hope that tendency to run his mouth off means he told somebody in his social circle something. He might've told Jodi, but then that's when "he started having to miss her" just before her suspicious death.

KH likes to say "You don't kill people you love."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back