CA CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not too sure this is happening today - I do believe California observes Martin Luther King Day - but will post it anyway...

Monday, January 15th:
*Review of Compliance Hearing (Estate) (@ 10am PT) - CA – Lydia “Dia” W. Kenshalo Abrams (65) (last seen @ 2:30pm June 6, 2020 from her 117-acre Bonita Vista Ranch, in a remote area east of Mountain Center, Idyllwild; vehicle, handbag, keys & cell phone still at home. Not found.
*Children of Abram’s request to remove Harper as trustee of ranch & other estate properties. Riverside County #D201590018 / Trust Pet. #PRIN2100297
5/27/22: Crisara Abrams is the sole trustee of the Clem Abrams Trust.

Info on disappearance & probate court info 6/6/20 thru 11/6/23 reference post #596 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...rams-65-idyllwild-6-jun-2020-2.592392/page-30

11/15/23 Update: Honorable Russell M. Velasquez, Judge; Appearances: Robbie Schelling is present Via Video, attorney representing Harper who is also present via video; Gordon C. Stuart is present Via Video, along with Michael Wachtell attorneys representing INVENZ, Inc. Other Appearance Notes: Aiskell Roman is present via video, on behalf of Brown White & Osborn. Richard Munro, Co-Trustee is present via video. David Gotfredson, member of media is present via video. Wachtell objections to media presence & recording. Judge overrules objection. Arguments from both sides regarding failure to file accounting & removal and/or suspension of Keith Harper as Co-Trustee. Court finds and orders: Notice has been given as required by law. Application to Remove Keith Harper as Co-Trustee is granted. Formal Order to be prepared, served & submitted by counsel, Gordon Stuart. Court further orders: Order to Show Cause to Issue re: Why Monetary Sanctions Not to Exceed $1,500 should not be imposed for failure to comply with Court Order set 12/21/23 at 10am in Dept. PS3 as to Keith Harper, Robbie Schelling. Hearing re: Review of Compliance of 09/1/23 Order set on 12/21/23 at 10am.
12/21/23 Update: Harper's attorney Rob Schelling was granted a continuance until 1/15/24 with attorneys for the court-appointed trustee Richard Munro as chief executive of his Invenz, Inc. agreeing to this.

Friday, January 19th:
*Review of Compliance Hearing (Estate) (@ 10am PT) - CA – Lydia “Dia” W. Kenshalo Abrams (65) (last seen @ 2:30pm June 6, 2020 from her 117-acre Bonita Vista Ranch, in a remote area east of Mountain Center, Idyllwild; vehicle, handbag, keys & cell phone still at home. Not found.
*Children of Abram’s request to remove Harper as trustee of ranch & other estate properties. Riverside County #D201590018 / Trust Pet. #PRIN2100297
5/27/22: Crisara Abrams is the sole trustee of the Clem Abrams Trust. Keith Harper has been removed (11/15/23) as co-Trustee.
Info on disappearance & probate court info 6/6/20 thru 11/15/23 reference post #601 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...rams-65-idyllwild-6-jun-2020-2.592392/page-31

12/21/23 Update: Harper's attorney Rob Schelling was granted a continuance until 1/15/24 with attorneys for the court-appointed trustee Richard Munro as chief executive of his Invenz, Inc. agreeing to this.
1/18/24 Update: A hearing this Friday, 1/19/24. Also, Holmes has a new attorney who filed a motion asking for $322K for past managing the estate & past legal fees.

@tvscum - any news or court date updates? TIA!
 Girl Waving Hello Smiley

Court appointed trustee announced during the hearing that both parties had stipulated to Harper vacating the property, perhaps as early as today, Jan 21. However, the stipulated agreement still has not been posted on the Riverside probate online docket for the case. Trustee said the stipulation and associated order would be posted soon, and that they intend to get a new "caretaker" to maintain the property.

It appears an April 23 hearing has been set on KH's request for $322K in this most recent motion, according to the online docket and newly posted minute orders in the case (although the filed motion says April 13):

Attachments

• harper accounting motion - Copy.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Settlement would give missing woman's boyfriend 50% of liquidated estate
Whoa, I didn't see this coming. So they want to sell all of Dia's properties immediately, put $300,000 into a reward fund, and the rest of the proceeds to be held until Dia is declared dead in 3 years' time (if her body is not found sooner) at which point KH gets 50% and Dia's children each get 25%....
It appears an April 23 hearing has been set on KH's request for $322K in this most recent motion, according to the online docket and newly posted minute orders in the case (although the filed motion says April 13):
Follow the money, but sorry, I've lost track of all the details now. I feel a bit confused. :confused: @tvscum, I think you can answer my question. Main question being-- Did KH screw up and forfeit his cut of the Settlement Agreement where he'd get 50% of the liquidated estate?

BBM / Red Bolded by Me

Follow the money, but sorry, I've lost track of all the details now. I feel a bit confused. :confused: @tvscum, I think you can answer my question. Main question being-- Did KH screw up and forfeit his cut of the Settlement Agreement where he'd get 50% of the liquidated estate?

BBM / Red Bolded by Me
That settlement agreement is still in place, he gets 50% five years after her disappearance. In that motion above, KH is asking for money for managing the ranch the past 3.5 years.

If the court determines that Dia Abrams is deceased, or if she is not located by June 6, 2025 (five years after her disappearance), the agreement calls for 50% of her liquidated estate to go to her adult children, and the other 50% to go to Keith Harper.

So @tvscum - what does the court site say - April 23rd or April 13th? I noticed the petition filing said 4/13.

TIA! :) Just to keep my notes straight!

June 4th 2023 very lengthy article.
''What happened to Dia Abrams?
''What happened to Dia Abrams?1706043556615.png
Bonita Vista Ranch owner Dia Abrams, right, and ranch hand Jodi Newkirk. (Illustration by Staff Artist Jeff Goertzen)
......snipped to reply
I will pose this question. What if all parties in the settlement were involved in Dia's disappearance in some capacity? Personally this is what this case wreaks of... I do not trust any of them.

I can not shake the thought that this may still end up benefitting all the parties of the settlement, and not bringing any Justice for Dia. MOO here-- if this was a well executed plan then things could be going according to plan because there has been no answers and no arrests.

MOO, even after KH is kicked off the property, but will still profit, then it means KH still gets 50% and the children get their 50%. June 2025 is next year. Everybody gets their cut. Dia is declared dead. How could this happen? No arrests, no questions answered, no Justice.

1706042929892.png

Last edited:

I can not shake the thought that this may still end up benefitting all the parties of the settlement, and not bringing any Justice for Dia. MOO here-- if this was a well executed plan then things could be going according to plan because there has been no answers and no arrests.

MOO, even after KH is kicked off the property, but will still profit, then it means KH still gets 50% and the children get their 50%. June 2025 is next year. Everybody gets their cut. Dia is declared dead. How could this happen? No arrests, no questions answered, no Justice.

View attachment 477049

So LE has until June 6. 2025 to solve this case and take it to trial to determine if any of the beneficiaries were involved in Dia’s death so that they can be disinherited. To complicate matters, this is a no-body case, which can be prosecuted, but is much more difficult. I can’t imagine that any of this can happen before June 2025.
JMO

So LE has until June 6. 2025 to solve this case and take it to trial...
MOO, there's always hope someone with inside info will step forward, maybe someone with years of secret service experience knows where to find the remains or more about what actually went on to make Dia disappear seeing as they were right there being a friend to Dia.

"...a retired Secret Service special agent. “Now, you have a law enforcement background, right?,” the private investigator asked. “Yes, 30 years,” responded Fedder."

MOO, there's always hope someone with inside info will step forward, maybe someone with years of secret service experience knows where to find the remains or more about what actually went on to make Dia disappear seeing as they were right there being a friend to Dia.

"...a retired Secret Service special agent. “Now, you have a law enforcement background, right?,” the private investigator asked. “Yes, 30 years,” responded Fedder."

I'll MOO this up ...

Yes - Secret Service. Financial Crimes investigations (and protection) up to the level of the POTUS IIRC.
She becomes "instant friends" with Dia in 2015 - same year as Clinton's alleged attempt to kill her.
Later becomes involved in helping her manage the ranch, etc.

Coincidental relationship, given Clem's history of real estate development around La Jolla? (Because, as they say, you never really retire from the service – and real estate development in SOCAL is free of corruption)

I'll say it again – follow the money.
Candlelight Project (2018 - started just before Clem's death, then taken over by the children), anyone?

...I'll say it again – follow the money.
Candlelight Project (2018 - started just before Clem's death, then taken over by the children), anyone?
What do you really know about it though @sleuther007? If you truly understand how and why the project relates to Dia's being gone then please let's hear your speculations. I agree with what you say, but there's puzzle pieces missing so I can't see the whole picture.

I invite any of you to try to follow the Candlelight Project which leads to a tangle of other corporations, back taxes, lost permits, and inactive status. I tried to follow it, but couldn't get to the bottom of it.

However, it may look kaput, but MOO, don't accept that this huge project is forgotten as it would be a huge loss. At one time it seemed connected to Dia's disappearance, the money and maybe to stop any further court battles with her, or something, perhaps inpatient investors, whatever but...

I'd like to hear any of you explain how it was necessary to make Dia disappear in connection to the Candlelight Project.
(At one time, some of us actually considered if her remains were somewhere there on that property.)

Clem started this project and poured time, energy, and money into it leaving his two children to complete it. As you know, we've had lots of discussion about it. I've kept the links. This is where we left off.

You'll find lots of incredibly valuable research about the Candlelight Project, various properties & taxes done by @SoHelpMeGod back in the beginning of Dia's disappearance.

This member had a better grasp than I of the project status. @WarmSandyBeach on Sept. 1, 2021 Post #885 also #889--
Candlelight Project land taxes et al, has now expired and has anyone followed-up on how that effects the son & partners? IMO, it seems that the son & daughter have far more to lose if the 450 Unit Project dies.
CA - CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020

I put a lot of work into this post, so please don't dismiss this information. Check within the Spoiler below. There's Links to posts that apply, but there's other posts and conversations about the Candlelight Project scattered on the pages.​

According to corporation wiki com the connection to Clem is his son and under his corps listed the Candlelight Properties LLC is Inactive.

Open Here:

Clem listed with the children (I'm not linking any to the children as his connections.)

Includes maps of the project's land:
https://www.spl.usace.army.mil/Port..._Candlelight_PN.pdf?ver=2019-01-10-133223-077

Last edited:
^^^ Continued from above post-- more info that still pertains to "follow the money". None of us want to quit seeking Justice for Dia. I'm putting some info about the financial struggle that went on just before Dia went missing inside a Spoiler, as not to clutter up this thread page, but for those interested please feel free to access it. This seems to have something to do with "follow the money". Perhaps Dia was a financial threat if she pursued fighting in Probate Court further. Had she been awarded her requests that would've amounted to a great deal of money.

Dia's Petition:
Pleading Wizard (cbs8.com)

Their opposition:
37-2019-00030018-PR-TR-CTL_ROA-17_11-01-19_Objections_Other_1598084000131.pdf (cbs8.com)

This is where we started to learn of her court battle with the children.
Woman missing near Idyllwild was in court battle over multi-million dollar estate | cbs8.com

From @Curious Me Post #72 dated 8/28/2020 to explain what Dia was asking before she went missing. There were two issues addressed in Dia's Court filing, as I understand it. She was refused her requests, but the financial threat her requests posed amounted to a great deal of money, more than just the $6.7 million. If the prenup had been invalidated, all those properties Clem left to just the children would actually be spousal community property.​
Post #72 -- CA - CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020
(1) She requested the Invalidation of the Prenup. Ultimately Dia requested that the Court void the terms of the Prenup that eliminated the accrual of community property during the marriage of Clem and Dia. In essence it cut her out of owning half of the community property. The list of properties was extensive and that Prenup was signed 35 yrs. ago under duress.

(2) She was also requesting an additional five to six million dollars that she felt was owed from the Family Trust to the Martial Trust due to an unexpected change coming from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) signed into law December 2017."

(Please correct me if I'm wrong. In my limited understanding and in simple terms, this meant there was less estate tax owed, and so Dia wanted that taken into consideration and the money $6.7 million put into her Martial Trust.) BBM and All MOO.
Post 78 from @SoHelpMeGod dated 8/29/20: There you go Curious Me, the above is a possible link between property taxes and Dia's disappearance (FINALLY, she says...) Go here for her post-- CA - CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020

BBM

Last edited:
What do you really know about it though @sleuther007? If you truly understand how and why the project relates to Dia's being gone then please let's hear your speculations. I agree with what you say, but there's puzzle pieces missing so I can't see the whole picture.

I invite any of you to try to follow the Candlelight Project which leads to a tangle of other corporations, back taxes, lost permits, and inactive status. I tried to follow it, but couldn't get to the bottom of it.

However, it may look kaput, but MOO, don't accept that this huge project is forgotten as it would be a huge loss. At one time it seemed connected to Dia's disappearance, the money and maybe to stop any further court battles with her, or something, perhaps inpatient investors, whatever but...

I'd like to hear any of you explain how it was necessary to make Dia disappear in connection to the Candlelight Project.
(At one time, some of us actually considered if her remains were somewhere there on that property.)

Clem started this project and poured time, energy, and money into it leaving his two children to complete it. As you know, we've had lots of discussion about it. I've kept the links. This is where we left off.

You'll find lots of incredibly valuable research about the Candlelight Project, various properties & taxes done by @SoHelpMeGod back in the beginning of Dia's disappearance.

This member had a better grasp than I of the project status. @WarmSandyBeach on Sept. 1, 2021 Post #885 also #889--
Candlelight Project land taxes et al, has now expired and has anyone followed-up on how that effects the son & partners? IMO, it seems that the son & daughter have far more to lose if the 450 Unit Project dies.
CA - CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020

I put a lot of work into this post, so please don't dismiss this information. Check within the Spoiler below. There's Links to posts that apply, but there's other posts and conversations about the Candlelight Project scattered on the pages.​

According to corporation wiki com the connection to Clem is his son and under his corps listed the Candlelight Properties LLC is Inactive.

Open Here:

Clem listed with the children (I'm not linking any to the children as his connections.)

Includes maps of the project's land:
https://www.spl.usace.army.mil/Port..._Candlelight_PN.pdf?ver=2019-01-10-133223-077
Thanks for all the additional aka spoiler info. I've not looked at it but will certainly try to make time for it. I'll not dismiss any of it :)

It has been a long while since I looked into any details concerning the Candlelight connection, but the gist [MOO with some hazy memories] of it was this:

1. Dia was being "taken care of" via a marital trust Clem had set up when they married (along with a prenup), but hers was not the "priority" ... those concerning the family and business were (she played NO role in the business), and the family trust had a stipulation that it was to be funded to the "maximum" extent permitted by law (I believe that's a quote from the Trust docs). She wasn't guaranteed a specific income amount from the marital trust but was to regularly receive the proceeds it produced. Apparently these were sufficient for her needs since their effective separation of ~ 2002.

2. In late 2017 (one year before Clem's death) the Trump administration changed tax laws which permitted more money to go to the family trust. I forget the numbers (if we even had them), but this led to the marital trust being significantly reduced as the family trust now had to be funded to that new "maximum".

3. 2018 - Candlelight project starts up. Documents indicate it started to run into financial problems by the end of the year (unpaid fees/taxes?). My BIG MOO is that the Trump admin tax changes allowed money previously marked for the marital trust to now be used for other purposes, and that this would have been the source to address Candlelight matters. So, no worries.

4. 2018 Clem dies. Children are designated the executors of the estate (inc the trusts and the business).

5. Around this time it appears Dia was feeling financially pressured and officially challenged the new trust arrangements, arguing it was Clem's intent for her to be taken care of, that the impact of the Trup admin tax laws was not forseeable when the trusts ere created, and that the "stipulation" in the family trust which was at the heart of the matter be re-examined or rejected.

6. My Biggest MOO.
The children were highly involved in the business, and strongly desired to continue Clem's legacy of development as they took over after his death and, especially in the case of Clinton, prove their own worth to Clem's old associates. They were likely handling things relatively well, but the combination of Candlelight issues and Dia's trust challenge was putting the project at risk.

I remain on the fence as to how involved Clinton may have been in Dia's disappearance (being reminded of the suspicion of his role in Dia's coma of 2015), but either he or some third party involved in Candlelight that had become impatient with the uncertainty decided to compel Dia to withdraw her challenges to the trust structure. I do not believe it was their intent to kill her, but rather to force her to back off. I do believe that the children were out of touch as to how free and emboldened Dia finally felt after Clem's passing, and that they (and/or, by extension, the third party) grossly underestimated Dia's resolve in this one. Things got out of hand (I think the word "feisty" or something similar has been used to describe her, which would be quite the contrast to the loving mother and obedient wife/mother they had grown up with) and she was killed, quite likely by accident ... taken off to be talked to, with the plan to return her, but dumped close by (Hemet Lake?) in a bit of a panic when she died.

Diane Fedder ... the timing of her appearance in Dia's life (2015 – Dia in a coma after Clinton's alleged visit), her quick association with Dia and involvement in business affairs, and the trust Dia had in placing her as a secondary trustee ... her actions and reactions when Dia disappeared, especially with regard to locking down access to the house ... her abrupt departure ... all of this seems to well scripted. I suspected for a while that maybe Dia had gone into protective custody under Diane's guidance (using this disappearance as a ruse), but that feels less likely as time has passed.

Edit: I should add that I've not dismissed the Protective Custody angle, but that Dia's disappearance upended that. Is it also possible that there was a leak about this at some level (very very much MOO), causing third party actions to be hastened. Diane's rather abrupt departure makes even more sense in this respect.

Keith Harper ... not the kind of guy most of us would hang with. Shady past. Gives some women the creeps. Doesn't act the way most of us assume one should act in certain circumstances. I've meet a few like that. Mostly they keepto themselves. Very small circle of associates, let alone friends. He remembers Clinton visiting the ranch a couple times over the years, but Clinton says he never heard of KH – and that it's inconceivable that Dia would be associated with him, let alone get engaged. Either way, KH wan't figuring into any of this plan until after Dia's death. Again, I think this involves folks a bit more familiar with the "gray" world than Clinton is, and they saw KH as an obvious fall guy. Nothing to do except dredge up his unsavoury past.

Jodi Newkirk ... the how and why of her becoming involved with the ranch remains confusing. Responded to an advertisement for a ranch hand? Rental included? While I am satisfied that the journals are in her own hand writing, I remain suspect about the veracity of them. She appears to have been very troubled and (and please, no – I'm not trying to victim shame here) she did hard drugs (meth). It's reasonable to question her reliability. I don't have any of those notes at hand, but some of the assertions about feeling taken advantage of ... this feels like outside influence/conversation, but she too seems to have kept to herself. No family was in recent contact, Who then? I believe that she may have believed she was getting into a relationship with KH, but it just doesn't ring true for me. Her death "not in keeping with the scene" (paraphrase) ... yet another set-up to put more pressure to focus on KH and /or have him removed from any interest in Dia's remaining affairs? Sorry - KH has big flaws and inconsistencies, but he has enough experience to not be this obvious and stupid.

So yes, I realize this sounds more and more like a made for tv mystery plot but, in broad strokes, that's my overall take.

Definitely a host of specifics remain unknown, most especially for me being how she was taken ... how did that go down? ... she was in fear of her life, according to reports of a letter or two found. Would she allow herself to approach/be approached by strangers on her property unarmed? Unprotected? Did she think she was greeting errant AirBnB guests? Did she maybe know one of them, and that familiarity was used to gain the advantage? I pray we find her, and that the finding will expose the how and why of it.

An also yes – if this turns out to have all been orchestrated by KH (as many feel to be the case) then I'll willingly and publicly eat crow. The main point is to determine the truth of it all and find justice for Dia.

Last edited:
Long post, @sleuther007, and with all due respect to you, you remember a lot too. Please, I'm not seeing the actual connection I asked for having to do with the Candlelight Project. Can you put it together?

Part of my posts were to put together the financial threat Dia posed if she kept pursuing the issues in Probate court. Her requests-- #1 She could stand to inherit more of the property Clem left to the children cutting Dia out of all the properties he collected during their marriage. If the prenup was invalidated, she'd get part of those properties worth tons of money. Plus she wanted that $6.7 million mentioned in #2. The Candlelight Project was behind in taxes, money owed. This is the only way I can explain any possible reason to make Dia disappear by following the money. See what I mean? However, the project hasn't seemed to go forward since, so I don't know if there really is any connection.
2. In late 2017 (one year before Clem's death) the Trump administration changed tax laws which permitted more money to go to the family trust. I forget the numbers (if we even had them), but this led to the marital trust being significantly reduced as the family trust now had to be funded to that new "maximum".
(2) She was also requesting an additional five to six million dollars (approx $6.7m) that she felt was owed from the Family Trust to the Martial Trust due to an unexpected change coming from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) signed into law December 2017."

So, if Dia decided to take it further in Probate court it would mean she stood to take away a great deal of money from it. I'm suggesting maybe she was a threat.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper