CA CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes - Secret Service. Financial Crimes investigations (and protection) up to the level of the POTUS IIRC.
She becomes "instant friends" with Dia in 2015 - same year as Clinton's alleged attempt to kill her.
Later becomes involved in helping her manage the ranch, etc....
Love your phrasing there, @sleuther007. This part of your post made me pause. The high level experience in financial crimes she had, her role in Dia's life, and the seemingly total lack of insight by an expert when Dia goes missing is questionable to say the least. Moves away.

Just because we can't fit the puzzle pieces together doesn't mean it's not a complete puzzle that contains answers, but maybe there's missing pieces that fell on the floor and got hidden. :)

Last edited:
Clem left a legacy in La Jolla and seemed to be well-loved by the residents. The Pannikin's lease was only extended at the last minute for a short time, and then apparently they had to close it. This was a big deal in the La Jolla community. A new business moved in.

Being in the local area, I haven't been up to La Jolla in years, yet I was still quite curious to know if The Pannikin in La Jolla had to close. Yes, they were forced to close. Many say Clem would not have wanted this to happen.

Posting these articles, not to discuss, but for the interesting details related to this case.

Clem left a legacy in La Jolla and seemed to be well-loved by the residents. The Pannikin's lease was only extended at the last minute for a short time, and then apparently they had to close it. This was a big deal in the La Jolla community. A new business moved in.

Being in the local area, I haven't been up to La Jolla in years, yet I was still quite curious to know if The Pannikin in La Jolla had to close. Yes, they were forced to close. Many say Clem would not have wanted this to happen.

Posting these articles, not to discuss, but for the interesting details related to this case.

All of San Diego was in an uproar. Many people posted on Reddit, NextDoor and various other forums/sites in protest in the many hundreds. The Pannikin was legendary among locals. Clem never would have permitted them to be kicked out. He cared about the community he grew up in. From my understanding, the sister is in charge of Clem's estate and she made the decision and ignored the community's protest. The owners of the Pannikin moved to a different location and their business failed. Very tragic.

...The owners of the Pannikin moved to a different location and their business failed. Very tragic.
Yes, sad. Not to start a discussion about it, but I believe they're still in business under a different name & neighborhood, and have a fb site I looked at today. The shop's new name is in mentioned along with the (Clem) Abrams name in this article. I don't understand why one wanted to end the lease, but the other did not want to end it. Was a money issue I wonder?

Bumping with a big thank you for all the updates, @tvscum. I see this moving towards a cold case, and I feel helpless watching it happen. So disappointed that an investigation has uncovered nothing towards arrests. Next year Dia's estate gets divvied up, and we may never know who was part of the plan to disappear Dia and take all her life away. :(

animated-dividing-line-image-0015.gif

Under a March 2023 settlement agreement between the parties, if Abrams is not located by June of 2025, 50% of her liquidated estate will go to her adult children, Crisara and Clinton Abrams. The other 50% would go to Harper.

Insiders told CBS 8 the Bonita Vista Ranch will be listed for sale in the coming days, perhaps as early as Monday, January 29, when Munro and a security team are expected to take possession of the property after Harper vacates.

Currently, the Sky High Ranch located at 28893 Bonita Vista Road is listed for sale at $298,000. The house located at 36581 Tool Box Springs currently is listed at $850,000.

The court-appointed trustee has posed a $300,000 reward for information that leads to the discovery of Abrams’ remains and the conviction of a suspect in her disappearance.​

Bumping with a big thank you for all the updates, @tvscum. I see this moving towards a cold case, and I feel helpless watching it happen. So disappointed that an investigation has uncovered nothing towards arrests. Next year Dia's estate gets divvied up, and we may never know who was part of the plan to disappear Dia and take all her life away. :(

Under a March 2023 settlement agreement between the parties, if Abrams is not located by June of 2025, 50% of her liquidated estate will go to her adult children, Crisara and Clinton Abrams. The other 50% would go to Harper.

Insiders told CBS 8 the Bonita Vista Ranch will be listed for sale in the coming days, perhaps as early as Monday, January 29, when Munro and a security team are expected to take possession of the property after Harper vacates.

Currently, the Sky High Ranch located at 28893 Bonita Vista Road is listed for sale at $298,000. The house located at 36581 Tool Box Springs currently is listed at $850,000.

The court-appointed trustee has posed a $300,000 reward for information that leads to the discovery of Abrams’ remains and the conviction of a suspect in her disappearance.​

Harper deserves nothing but a swift kick in the *advertiser censored**. I can't believe that leach is getting anything. Pardon the stiff words but we all have followed this for years now and it's pretty clear he is not the good guy. And the second death on the property! He gets rewarded? Good Lord! It looks to me that this is what he wanted all along...MONEY!

Long post, @sleuther007, and with all due respect to you, you remember a lot too. Please, I'm not seeing the actual connection I asked for having to do with the Candlelight Project. Can you put it together?

Part of my posts were to put together the financial threat Dia posed if she kept pursuing the issues in Probate court. Her requests-- #1 She could stand to inherit more of the property Clem left to the children cutting Dia out of all the properties he collected during their marriage. If the prenup was invalidated, she'd get part of those properties worth tons of money. Plus she wanted that $6.7 million mentioned in #2. The Candlelight Project was behind in taxes, money owed. This is the only way I can explain any possible reason to make Dia disappear by following the money. See what I mean? However, the project hasn't seemed to go forward since, so I don't know if there really is any connection.

(2) She was also requesting an additional five to six million dollars (approx $6.7m) that she felt was owed from the Family Trust to the Martial Trust due to an unexpected change coming from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) signed into law December 2017."

So, if Dia decided to take it further in Probate court it would mean she stood to take away a great deal of money from it. I'm suggesting maybe she was a threat.
[MOO] The connection is this: they (ie. the kids and/or interested 3rd parties) counted on the newly accessible funds to keep Candlelight moving forward. Were there other venues that could be pursued? Possibly, but I suspect Clinton honestly thought he could keep Dia at bay and relayed that to 3rd parties. An "I can deal with this" stance, much as I presume Clem exhibited. As time goes on bills become due and Dia shows no sign of standing down, so someone decided to try to force her to back off. A simple plan that went horribly wrong.

Thanks again for the detail and extra resources you've provided here. It'd be quite the fascinating journey of discovery were it not centered around such an in justice.

[MOO] The connection is this: they (ie. the kids and/or interested 3rd parties) counted on the newly accessible funds to keep Candlelight moving forward....
"The court-appointed trustee has posed a $300,000 reward for information that leads to the discovery of Abrams’ remains and the conviction of a suspect in her disappearance."

Now, there's a big reward if someone can figure out where the remains can be found and secure a conviction. MOO, it's kinda late for that reward.

JMO, this is only how I tend to see it. Sometimes when you're older and you're feeling estranged, maybe overwhelmed by life's struggles and you could use some help and people who care, you let the wrong people into your life. Along came KH and DF, oh how they cared, and not so much her family.

Remember Dia just scratched out, X-ed out, her daughter out of Trust / Will? What was that about? I don't know. MOO, their relationship seemed to have turned so distant. MOO, it was a year of Dia missing before we heard much from son, other than some short statements early on. Daughter made a statement to the media months after Dia went missing in August 2020.

"We can continue to keep Dia in our hearts while we hope for her return."

(this is from the Aug. 25th video at the 3:35 mark)
Woman missing near Idyllwild was in court battle over multi-million dollar estate | cbs8.com

ALL MOO

Harper deserves nothing but a swift kick in the *advertiser censored**. I can't believe that leach is getting anything. Pardon the stiff words but we all have followed this for years now and it's pretty clear he is not the good guy. And the second death on the property! He gets rewarded? Good Lord! It looks to me that this is what he wanted all along...MONEY!
@stuntpuppy, yes, we've stuck with this and followed this case for years like you say. There's been a dedicated bunch here waiting for Dia to be found, waiting for Justice. Now, yes, it's all been settled, next year everybody gets a cut of the settlement money including KH. Even though the children were supposedly cut out of the Trust / Will, they're also now able to take control of the ranch and get 50%. It all works out, huh. No Justice for Dia though. No arrests. Seems like Somebody(s) got away with whatever happened to Dia, and Jodi too.

Just my own humble opinion.

@stuntpuppy, yes, we've stuck with this and followed this case for years like you say. There's been a dedicated bunch here waiting for Dia to be found, waiting for Justice. Now, yes, it's all been settled, next year everybody gets a cut of the settlement money including KH. Even though the children were supposedly cut out of the Trust / Will, they're also now able to take control of the ranch and get 50%. It all works out, huh. No Justice for Dia though. No arrests. Seems like Somebody(s) got away with whatever happened to Dia, and Jodi too.

Just my own humble opinion.

Maybe, just maybe, now that everything seems to have worked out for everyone, they will relax and make mistakes that will implicate them before the 2025 pay out. We can hope!

Maybe, just maybe, now that everything seems to have worked out for everyone, they will relax and make mistakes that will implicate them before the 2025 pay out. We can hope!
Lets hope and pray for real answers. No one in law enforcement seems to care what happened to Dia one bit. If Riverside refuses to hold a press conference or address this case we should all jam up their phone lines until they take real action. Many people know what happened. They are cowards for not sticking up for whats right. If Riverside Sheriffs Department did their job and weren’t just using Dia’s case to wring money from the federal government it would be solved immediately. Wasn’t Diane Fedder married to a high-up Riverside Sheriff’s officer? I smell corruption.

We can only hope....I think it would be great if LE could release more info at some point that might trigger a connection that currently may be overlooked by someone. If the case goes totally cold (as if it could get colder) they should maybe think about doing this so we all can see it and compare notes etc. Maybe it would trigger something in someone out there. I'm sure there are things that we don't know yet that LE does.

Last edited:
JMO, I don't think the wedding happened after all. Not sure if they are still an item. Didn't he work for the police dept. in the new location? All MOO, she's hinky and unauthentic. Knows how to work it and moves around getting in fast. Seriously wonder about her resume. MOO, right there when Dia went mysteriously missing and no help at all.

All MOO and JMO
Diane Fedder was married to a high ranking Riverside Sheriff's Department officer. As far as the wedding in Georgia I don't know. I do know she was a secret service special agent.

Secret-service special agent + high ranking sheriff with Riverside sheriff's department =.......Blue Wall....??

LE has all the excuses in the world to not solve this one. They can't arrest themselves, can they?

Word spreads here on WS too, so posting here helps. Oh, please believe me, I know enough from my research to say something is fabricated and hinky about that person. I didn't form that opinion quickly. I don't know why Riverside Sheriff's Dept. would cover this up or look the other way, even if a Sheriff's Lt., knew more. Well, unless they're receiving some kind of pay out too. Prolonging solving this case somehow wrings money from the Federal Govnmt? ...in what way? Do open cases get them more money?

At first they seemed to go right after KH and even went to his NM business collecting that car seat. They've searched several times on the ranch. They investigated Jodi's death. I thought they'd get him then. :confused: Could it be someone is smarter than LE? Two. I only say that because nothing became of all of LE's investigation. They must not feel they have enough solid evidence to be able to take it to trial.

It just seems all the necessary help from witnesses should've provided more to secure evidence and an arrest. It's very possible the Sheriff's Dept. just doesn't have enough evidence, and like @Lilibet said there's no body found, no remains to prove Dia was murdered. Taking it to trial requires convincing evidence to get a murder conviction. What evidence do you think they have gathered?
...I think it would be great if LE could release more info at some point that might trigger a connection that currently may be overlooked by someone....
So true. That could really trigger a memory. It's a good idea. They've hardly mentioned Dia or given any updates of their lackluster investigation this whole time. Never saw such mediocre concern to solve a case except maybe my bird vet Dr. Stonebreaker's case. Oh well, thanks for listening. Keep believing, keep hoping, keep praying.

Word spreads here on WS too, so posting here helps. Oh, please believe me, I know enough from my research to say something is fabricated and hinky about that person. I didn't form that opinion quickly. I don't know why Riverside Sheriff's Dept. would cover this up or look the other way, even if a Sheriff's Lt., knew more. Well, unless they're receiving some kind of pay out too. Prolonging solving this case somehow wrings money from the Federal Govnmt? ...in what way? Do open cases get them more money?

At first they seemed to go right after KH and even went to his NM business collecting that car seat. They've searched several times on the ranch. They investigated Jodi's death. I thought they'd get him then. :confused: Could it be someone is smarter than LE? Two. I only say that because nothing became of all of LE's investigation. They must not feel they have enough solid evidence to be able to take it to trial.

It just seems all the necessary help from witnesses should've provided more to secure evidence and an arrest. It's very possible the Sheriff's Dept. just doesn't have enough evidence, and like @Lilibet said there's no body found, no remains to prove Dia was murdered. Taking it to trial requires convincing evidence to get a murder conviction. What evidence do you think they have gathered?

So true. That could really trigger a memory. It's a good idea. They've hardly mentioned Dia or given any updates of their lackluster investigation this whole time. Never saw such mediocre concern to solve a case except maybe my bird vet Dr. Stonebreaker's case. Oh well, thanks for listening. Keep believing, keep hoping, keep praying.
Someone/people much smarter than LE. Better trained and more sophisticated.

Last edited:
looking back....has it ever been proven that Dia was home on the day she was reported missing? We know that the FB posts she made were just ND answers and did not give any indication that it was actually her posting them. They looked more like a bread crumb left by KH to make us think she was alive and well at that time of the posts. There was the muffins or what ever they were that were said to be delivered by Dia that morning to friends. Was any of that proven or debunked? I'm still not sure that Dia was even there that day. If so, KH could have done something to her long before and covered his tracks before reporting her missing. My memory fails me...do we know she was there on the day she was reported missing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back