Found Deceased CA - Madyson Middleton, 8, Santa Cruz, 26 July 2015 - #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that he calmly helped search for her blows my mind.

I wonder if there are going to be any signs of his sickness?
Was he really calm? Or acting calm?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

That's what I think, took it to the beach boardwalk area to dispose of the scooter.

Was motive of rape in MSM? I must have missed that. (Speaking to anyone)

Well, she was raped and strangled, right? So, Occam's Razor, I am thinking. :(

Was he really calm? Or acting calm?

Who knows, but I believe I read that he helped search for her.

The neighbors seem to think he is a great kid.

I just can't believe there are no indicators

It seems as though Maddy did do as her mother told her.
She hadn't wandered off.
She was right outside and her mom had just checked on her.
smh
Will this ever stop?
jmho

Who knows, but I believe I read that he helped search for her.

The neighbors seem to think he is a great kid.

I just can't believe there are no indicators
I'm not assuming you know. Was just a question I had in my mind. There have been a few cases in the past where killers pretended to take part in search parties for the victims to throw people off their tracks. I am just wondering if they were really calm about it, or their hearts were beating so fast while they were keeping up appearances.

Just in response to the arrested teens mother's visceral reaction. I don't think we should consider the scream representative of outrage that her son was being arrested but more along the lines of grief, shock, horror that her son could have done such a thing.
It is a situation this teens mother never dreamed of having to placed in and if one of my children had done such a thing my heart would be breaking for Maddy's family. And I would be sickened, and traumatised by the act.

Well, she was raped and strangled, right? So, Occam's Razor, I am thinking. :(

I'm not convinced of that yet, to be honest. One article said "sources say" and that's it. Not LE or anything. I guess we'll see.

I do not think that that's the actual bin where Maddy was found -- it's just one, of many, on the premises.
Where did you get this pic from? It has what looks like yellow police tape around the perimeter.

I'm not assuming you know. Was just a question I had in my mind. There have been a few cases in the past where killers pretended to take part in search parties for the victims to throw people off their tracks. I am just wondering if they were really calm about it, or their hearts were beating so fast while they were keeping up appearances.

I don't think the perps participate in searches to 'throw people off their tracks'...I think they do it because they really enjoy it. In their minds, they are controlling the situation and know something everyone else doesn't know. They actually get off on that, IMO.

Not sure if this article has been posted before but they seemed to have interviewed a few people who knew the suspect and his family. Towards the bottom of the article.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...pster-15-Year-Old-Boy-Arrested-318858701.html

"Terrence Keller, a neighbor, described the teen as a good person: "I've known him a long time. He's a nice, well-spoken kid. It's very unfortunate to say the least."
Keller said he's known the teen since he moved into the arts complex about six years ago. He said he thought so highly of the teen that he once considered inviting him to his gym to work out.

A neighbor who asked not to be identified said that the teen never showed signs of being a sociopath, and was not involved with drugs or gangs that he knew of. “I actually saw him turn down alcohol,” the neighbor said. “He was a straight shooter.”
He said the teen has an adult brother and the most “amazing mother,” the “most welcoming person at the Tannery. If there was a social function, you’d go to her house for food. There was an abundance of love for him.”

The neighbor said that he had never seen the teen hanging out specifically with Maddy or other young children at the complex.
A woman who appeared to be the boy's mother screamed in hysterics as her son was taken away by police."

=====================================================================

Hearing that the mother was in hysterics and the father throwing up in the bushes----makes me think that they were totally shocked. Maybe they had no clue. Maybe this kid hid his dark side really really well?

I think it is possible that he was a really lonely kid who did not fit in with his peers. His goal in life was apparently to be a yoyo champion. I think he was probably a bit out of step , socially. Then he finally gets a young girl alone, in his home and he snaps?

Maddy's own mom called it "heroin highway" and said she told Maddy to stay away from that area. Which was pretty much where they lived.

I'm an adult and get nervous in that area, in spite of loving the boardwalk. I'm always watching everything/everyone around me, even more than I usually do. The sad thing is if I'm reading it right the poor kid wasn't even over where she wasn't supposed to be.

(also not to get too derailed on the trash can debate, but I'm in CA and all of ours are black/grey - they just have painted labels to say recycling, green waste, etc.)

Why doesn't Santa Cruz clean up, arrest the heroin highway behind this Tannery Community? It sounds like it is well known to people familiar with the area. Just asking since I am not from CA.

With this type of people living behind you, it doesn't sound safe for any age to be out alone. JMO.

Only the person arrested (no, not convicted) for her rape and murder was her 15-year-old neighbor, whom everyone in Tannery just loved. He participated in the Arts Council's Ebb and Flow festival, and was a willing volunteer in cleaning up the greenways. All according to neighbors who live at 1040 River Street.

It is a super close community. And one who always sees the good in their neighbors.

No fault on them. In fact kudos that they were not lighting the torches for some poor homeless guy. Instead, they helped, they searched, they waited, and were broken hearted to find ot was one of their own.

I pray for this apparently lovely community to heal.

But let's not blame the "hobos" when that faction had nothing to do with this.

I'm not convinced of that yet, to be honest. One article said "sources say" and that's it. Not LE or anything. I guess we'll see.

I just saw it announced on my local news in Ventura County, Ca. :cry:

Maybe the confusion over the recycling bin is that they are calling the blue dumpster a recycling bin, even though it is much larger than your average recycling bin, and maybe the smaller blue containers are emptied into it???

I'm confused about the focus on proving the bin/dumpster blue/grey. I lived in several Bay Area apartments and a few had 2 chutes from each floor and were labeled garbage or recycle. The chutes lead to dumpsters/bins just like that pictured. Time to let this one go.

Thinking also the 'perp' likes to be kept abreast of what is happening in the investigation. Being involved in the search provides a good account of how close the LE are to breaking a case open.

Like a lot of cities in CA, Santa Cruz has a lot of transient homeless. I have seen arrest while there, but more just come.

Except this was not the work of a homeless person. A "great guy" 15-year-old neighbor allegedly raped and killed her. Not a homeless person!

I don't think the perps participate in searches to 'throw people off their tracks'...I think they do it because they really enjoy it. In their minds, they are controlling the situation and know something everyone else doesn't know. They actually get off on that, IMO.
What you've said is possible but not always the case. Does psychopathy run in a spectrum? Maybe the ones on the extreme end of the spectrum would enjoy it... But I'm thinking the ones on the opposite end are possibly doing it as a way to throw off the scent because they are nervous of being caught and actually do feel a small bit of remorse for what they've done.

absolutely! these kind of perps regardless of age love thinking they are one step ahead of the game..... but before I can truly call that in this case I need to know this kids mental capacity...sounding like highly intelligent so i'm thinking sociopath.... imo

That's what I was wondering also Eileen730. Those dogs are amazing. I know there have been some comments about their capability, but I assure you, they don't make mistakes. They don't always find what they are looking for, but they don't make mistakes. So yes, they could have picked up scents from M and from the P and pointed them to the car? the apt? the shed? the dumpster? But I bet those dogs led police to the boy ultimately, or went happy tail nuts when he was being interviewed.

xoxox to you, M

I have to respectfully disagree here. If the dogs were so amazing and didn't make mistakes, they would have lead LE to the apartment and ultimately the dumpster. Not to the beach 2 miles away on an old scent. Her scent was fresh and nearby, yet they lead LE farther and farther away from her. Also, my husband is a Sgt. in LE. Very seldom do scent dogs lead them to who they are looking for. It's a long shot when you bring in the dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper