GUILTY CA - Madyson Middleton, 8, Santa Cruz, 26 July 2015 - #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So if the jury decides Adrian still presents a risk to public safety. What happens next? He's transferred to an adult correctional facility? For how long?
If a jury decides against Gonzalez’s release he will be held in prison for another two years. After that the District Attorney can petition to block his release again.

If a jury decides against Gonzalez’s release he will be held in prison for another two years. After that the District Attorney can petition to block his release again.

Thanks, does it have to go to a jury again - every time the DA petitions to block his release?

This doesn't seem like a great scenerio. DA's change, as does the political environment within that office. As time goes on, memories of this horrific murder in the community fade. I also hate that her Mom has to endure this. She shouldn't have to fight to keep AG behind bars, this is re-victimizing her.

California needs to amend Prop 57, committing a violent crime as a 14/15-year-old shouldn't result in a rehabilitative only option. Some simply can't be rehabilitated, what then? It's not that black & white. What about the victims of violent crime?

He didn’t just commit murder, but also the violent sexual assault of a child he lured into his home. If I recall correctly he also helped search for her knowing he’d placed her in the dumpster while still alive.

I firmly believe some crimes are so heinous that perpetrators cannot be rehabilitated. And this is for sure one of them.

“On Tuesday, a clinical forensic psychologist testified that Gonzalez was deemed “above average” on one sexual assault risk assessment and “moderate risk” on the other, Lookout Santa Cruz reported. The hearing will continue this month.”

Here in Washington state Gabe Gaeta was only two years older when he raped and murdered Jenise yet he’s sentenced to 40 years.

As a mom and grandma I’m happy both boys (now men) are behind bars. I’ve yet to see a convincing argument that either would be safe enough to once again be around little girls. Can sexual predators change? Can sexual predators who murder change?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhoDunnit2020
Back