Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dad asked me to call Detective Palmer over MPU...didn't someone find her phone number around here? Hahaha I'm so lazy. Off to search

Anyone with additional information is urged to call Los Angeles Police Department, Missing Persons Unit, Detective Palmer at (213) 996-1800.

Maybe?

Awesome.

"Today at 1:56 PM

Maricela Garcia: Missing two weeks, but is LAPD looking?

The sister of Maricela Garcia, the California woman who disappeared while shopping at a Los Angeles area Goodwill Store, is desperately pleading with Los Angeles police to investigate the case that detectives labeled “voluntary missing.” A smashed cell phone, a torn necklace and a tracking dog’s reaction convinced her family that the 26-year-old woman was kidnapped. Nancy Grace discusses the LAPD’s reluctance to work the case with Alan Duke, who walked Maricela’s last path with her family."

The path through the parking lots was convoluted and all they could say was that the dog became very "animated." They do not know her exact course but yes, her scent was directly behind Jon's where the cigarette was and it was in the vicinity of the dumpster/planter where the phone was. It did not go further west than that area. Hope that makes sense.

I expanded the areas on the map where the dogs were unable to give exact route and changed the colors of the areas to match the color of the route on the map, so hopefully it's more clear that her scent was picked up behind GW near the phone.

The post on the FB page about Dateline reached 5000 people
The first NG podcast over 8000
The second NG podcast a little over 1000
The latest post about the search, around 300
What am I doing wrong
Not you, remember it was shelved from day one. She wouldve never even been heard of if it wasn't for you. It's the quiet before the storm. Trust me. There are a lot of people in the shadows paying attention. Don't worry about the SM traffic. Biggest thing now is locking in this PI.

code4SAR

Just dont know what else I can do. Media and public aren't interested because there's nothing new. Nothing new because LAPD won't talk.
Any suggestions/

RSBM, JMO, MOO
Just some open to modification thoughts here.

1. I think her MP posters concentrate on her face. She went missing at night and what people might have seen and might remember is her clothing, her body image, her gait, her hair, etc. If someone had been across the street from the front entrance of 18040 Sherman Way, what would they have seen that night? Not her face...

2. Maybe you could find a body double, dress her in the correct clothing and shoes, style her hair, etc and take photos of her at night, at the places you think MG visited that night. This could be another MP poster with her face included. These photo's might be newsworthy. I just don't know.

3. Would a video reenactment be possible?

4. I think it's possible that the publicly posted MP posters were removed because they were not "business friendly"... What might be effective is one on one interaction with people who frequent the area. That would mean standing on the sidewalk and talking to people. You could give them something printed in case they remember something.

5. I don't see a place to leave anonymous tips on this MP poster. This might be important to some people.

None of the links work for me. I can't listen or link to it.

Your map is wonderful. Thank you.

I expanded the areas on the map where the dogs were unable to give exact route and changed the colors of the areas to match the color of the route on the map, so hopefully it's more clear that her scent was picked up behind GW near the phone.

Who were Maricela's friends? Did she have any? I'm not reading about friends being contacted. How did she spend her days and nights? Was there a general routine? And in asking these questions, I'd want to look back over the past year or so, to note any changes in routine.

I just talked to Detective Palmer. Wow. Okay, so here is the deal. Of course my next question is can I post this publicly.
First of all, she was snotty. lol. I was trying to be completely nice.
She says Maricela is NOT voluntary missing. She says the media was LYING when they said that. She has NEVER been listed as voluntary.
She said they are working in conjunction with OTHER AGENCIES to locate Maricela. She would not specify what those were. She said she was not going to tell me anything that would hinder the investigation. Hmmmm.
She said they are working "behind the scenes". They are investigating. I mentioned Laura Stacy's case and what a great job her team did. She said they do that for ALL their cases. So I said, Oh, Maricela? So you have teams out looking for her? You've pulled the security footage and just told the businesses not to release that? I mean, what are you doing? She would not tell me. Only they are "investigating." She says they are doing the same for Mari that they do for all their cases that they did for Laura.
So, I'm about ready to send that to some people. I'm so upset I'm shaking.
I see why the family is frustrated. What could she possibly be "investigating" when she hasn't even pulled SECURITY FOOTAGE? ISN'T THAT WHERE SHE SHOULD START??
OMG just shaking

So, I want to send this out to media. That she is NOT voluntarily missing and should NOT be labeled that way. That they are investigating along with "other agencies." That she can not specify those agencies and/or what exactly they are doing. I asked her to get the surveillance and the dumpster contents. She never gave an answer.
Can I post that?

Anything that I can do from Florida? mistivon - if you need help with the FB page, I am more than willing. I was an admin for a FB page a few years back for Jennifer Ramsaran. (she was found, murdered by her husband)

I don't know anything about Cali (specifically L.A.) What happens if volumes of calls flood LAPD inquiring on their lack of investigation (or news as to why they feel the way they do?)

Any local politicians or reporters that we can contact? I am not a Twitter expert but I've heard in other cases that it is very helpful.

One positive is that her body hasn't been found which means, there is still hope. Being so far away, I feel a bit detached but am more than willing to help in any way I can!!

I sent a note on Twitter to the mayor yesterday - Yes I agree politicians are a good potential resource

None of the links work for me. I can't listen or link to it.
I think her server is overloaded. I've tried 3 other podcast apps and her direct website. Hopefully that's a good thing.

code4SAR

The post on the FB page about Dateline reached 5000 people
The first NG podcast over 8000
The second NG podcast a little over 1000
The latest post about the search, around 300
What am I doing wrong

Is it possible those are only "new" visitors it is tracking?

I see Selena Gomez use to live in Tarzana. Am I correct this is the same area as MG?
A SM post or share from her would be great exposure.

I just talked to Detective Palmer. Wow. Okay, so here is the deal. Of course my next question is can I post this publicly.
She says Maricela is NOT voluntary missing. She says the media was LYING when they said that. She has NEVER been listed as voluntary.
She said they are working in conjunction with OTHER AGENCIES to locate Maricela. She would not specify what those were. She said she was not going to tell me anything that would hinder the investigation. Hmmmm.
She said they are working "behind the scenes". They are investigating. I mentioned Laura Stacy's case and what a great job her team did. She said they do that for ALL their cases. So I said, Oh, Maricela? So you have teams out looking for her? You've pulled the security footage and just told the businesses not to release that? I mean, what are you doing? She would not tell me. Only they are "investigating." She says they are doing the same for Mari that they do for all their cases that they did for Laura.
I see why the family is frustrated. What could she possibly be "investigating" when she hasn't even pulled SECURITY FOOTAGE? ISN'T THAT WHERE SHE SHOULD START??
OMG just shaking

So, I want to send this out to media. That she is NOT voluntarily missing and should NOT be labeled that way. That they are investigating along with "other agencies." That she can not specify those agencies and/or what exactly they are doing. I asked her to get the surveillance and the dumpster contents. She never gave an answer.
Can I post that?
ABSOLUTELY FLOORED.

I posted a link earlier today that LAPD doesn't even have her listed as missing on their website, nor is she on NAMUS.
Sounds to me like she is trying to save face and NOW maybe they are just starting - I'd say call that out... but that's me.
ACTUALLY, I would run that whole blurb by the PI you want retained, see what he thinks. He's obviously had far more experience in this realm.

OMG just shaking

Can I post that?

Wow indeed! I shall refrain from saying what I think of that... but is she nuts?! Investigating my a$$.

Wonder if our lovely mods would make maricela a spotlight case?! Pleaseeee

Bedtime for me, take it east mistivon

I want to know if it is okay to send out a press release. They have not even processed those items yet. Give me a break. A choker that might have been around a missing woman's neck and you haven't even seen if it was hers?
I can include information about the search.
I would basically just state the above. What she told me about how they do the same for all MP cases. That there are other agencies. That they are investigating. That she is NOT voluntary.
Wonder if the media would even be interested in learning that.
I don't know. My brain is overloaded and I can't think straight. Not even sure I could write the press release. Who wrote that great blurb on the vigil? I'll go back and read.

ETA: I think it's time for the public to start calling/messaging/tagging

Alan said the server that hosts the podcasts is temporarily down. He hopes it will be up soon.
He also thinks the information is interesting, mainly in that they have not told the family any of this. Hmm, so is that the big story here? Is not the rest of what she said newsworthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico