Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sorry that Maricela hasn't been found yet.
I have been away a lot lately but was following all of your hard work in the first days. Stay strong y'all~ great work

jmo

No privacy was compromised. We already knew she was a patient there.
It doesn't matter if we already knew if sh was a patient. HIPPA is there to protect the patient and doctor's and all people are not allowed to confirm or deny any information about treatment, health, etc. about a patient UNLESS that patient has given consent to give information to that specific person.

The HIPAA Privacy Rule regulates the use and disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI) held by "covered entities" (generally, health care clearinghouses, employer sponsored health plans, health insurers, and medical service providers that engage in certain transactions.)
PHI is any information held by a covered entity which concerns health status, provision of health care, or payment for health care that can be linked to an individual.[14] This is interpreted rather broadly and includes any part of an individual's medical record or payment history. Covered entities must disclose PHI to the individual within 30 days upon request.[18] They also must disclose PHI when required to do so by law such as reporting suspected child abuse to state child welfare agencies.

Covered entities may disclose protected health information to law enforcement officials for law enforcement purposes as required by law (including court orders, court-ordered warrants, subpoenas) and administrative requests; or to identify or locate a suspect, fugitive, material witness, or missing person.[20]

A covered entity may disclose PHI (Protected Health Information) to facilitate treatment, payment, or health care operations without a patient's express written authorization.[21] Any other disclosures of PHI (Protected Health Information) require the covered entity to obtain written authorization from the individual for the disclosure.[22] However, when a covered entity discloses any PHI, it must make a reasonable effort to disclose only the minimum necessary information required to achieve its purpose.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_Insurance_Portability_and_Accountability_Act

Honest question because I don't know but does Hippa apply if no insurance is involved?

Please. I was wrong.
I have alerted that post and asked to have it removed. I didn't mean to upset people and cause problems.
I have not been around this evening so am just now seeing the issues.
My sincere apologies.

It's terribly frustrating to have one's words and actions misconstrued, with others jumping to conclusions that differ from what our words were intended to convey. Fortunately for us, we have the luxury of having our posts removed, and using different words to correct the misconceptions.

Sadly, Maricela's actions and whereabouts remain unknown. And unless the authorities report otherwise, we must act on the assumption she is unable to speak for herself, or offer an explanation for her disappearance. Victim friendly, ya know.

ETA: This thread is closed. Please proceed to Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members