Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think it was made clear, certainly not publically. When she was found I remember due to time she had been out in the elements (almost 4 months) it was difficult at first to make a determination of male or female initially and we were hoping it was not her. So yes, she could have been in "pieces" but was it intentionally caused, or due to the elements, I don't think that was ever made known publically. I would say after the amount of time she was outside, even if there was something intentional done, the elements made things worse and much more complicated. There is probably much more to this case that we will never know sadly. [emoji25]

I only pray that there are forces at work somewhere, hopefully with some evidence and a potential suspect(s) and that there is an arrest or arrests made eventually, so her family can begin to find some comfort in our criminal justice system. If someone is brazen enough to do this once and think they have gotten away with it, they are going to do it again. I too live in the area and I have worked with both victims and offenders in the past. Now I am a parent. I see where all sides come from, unfortunately, and that is what has brought me here.
Same thing and many different ones brought me here too. Kudos

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Her brother said her remains were skeletonized which is why COD was not readily apparent (thinking strangulation) I saw her mother on Maris birthday and I also speak to Sarah sometimes (despite everything, I love that girl like a daughter). Not that I am close with them or anything but even when I spoke with Edward immediately after she was identified, he didn't say that.
Not that it cant be true but I'm wondering if something is being translated wrongly or something.
God bless Telemundo. They and Brenda Gazzar with the Daily News have stayed with Mari every step of the way. I haven't talked to Brenda in a cpl of weeks but i know she spoke with the coroner right before contacting me and nothing was said.
I'll give her a call tomorrow. Thank you for the video. it comforts me knowing that she's not forgotten.
I also meant to add to my last post but I missed Sarah by just a few mins at the cemetery. She brought Mari a dozen beautiful pink roses for her birthday. I really hurt for them..

sorry I have a question. Why would the coroner show her body as "ready" instead of "released?" Just looking thru other records and that stood out to me.

A few of us are going to GW Friday night to let Mari know we haven't forgotten. One year and no answers. Not sure anyone is even looking for them :(
N FYI the coroner never said she was dismembered. Her remains were scattered.

A few of us are going to GW Friday night to let Mari know we haven't forgotten. One year and no answers. Not sure anyone is even looking for them :(
N FYI the coroner never said she was dismembered. Her remains were scattered.

What does scattered mean? Animal maybe or intentionally?

What does scattered mean? Animal maybe or intentionally?

Mistivon have you gone to the place where she was found? There is a bright tree in that area and I was wondering if that was planted in her honor or if it is just there?

They are thinking animals. N no, another member and I have discussed going from Reseda to where she was found several times but things have always gotten in the way. I REALLY want to make that drive Friday night. I have no idea of route or distance and I really want to know. That's beautiful about a tree...maybe her family planted it? it's certainly something I would like to do in March, though, to honor her again

So beautiful, your sentiments and compassion are, Misti. Maricela is one of a handful of women whose case really sticks with me. The not knowing, the agony for her family... it's those who live on who suffer, and the pain never goes away.

Mari always reminded me of Adrienne Salinas here in Arizona. (here is the WS link to Adrienne's case: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...mpe-15-June-2013-8&highlight=adrienne+salinas - I don't mean to hijack this thread at all, but sometimes others ask when we mention someone else in a thread)

So glad to see everyone popping in...a bittersweet homecoming of sorts.
Sarah wrote a beautiful poem that she shared with me last night. I asked permission to share it so you all can see how she feels.
I, too, can't believe it's been a year. I still remember like it was yesterday and if my pain is fresh, I am more saddened at how her family feels.
Thank you for keeping her alive in your hearts.

January 12, 2017 began like any other. Sadly, it ended as a nightmare and worse.
We will always remember.

Sharing this with permission from Sarah:

It's been almost one year since you've been gone and it's still hard to believe that I won't ever get to hear your voice again. Your silence has changed me and your absence has humbled me. I still catch myself watching old videos you made in the past just so I could hear your voice and giggles. I know that the emptiness will never go away. It's like a large wave in the ocean, the waves keep hitting and sometimes I'm ready but other days it hits so hard that I feel like I'm drowning. I always survive, but it's never easy. The waves keep coming but I get stronger each day. I still find myself listening to certain songs and hearing you sing along. I still find myself falling asleep dreaming with seeing you again. Sometimes I watch your favorite movies and dedicate a day just for you. I even eat foods that I used to hate just because I know you loved them. Iv made a list of things you loved to do and will do them all to honor you. I love you so much, I know you can't read this but I know that wherever you are you're okay. You'll always be my big sis,

Love Sarah Beara

It's been a while since I've been on this post but I found out today one of dear Websleuthers" Misti, is going through a very difficult time as she was diagnosed with thyroid cancer that's aggressively invading her lungs. Her family needs her home in Texas from California now, within 2 weeks due to insurance issues as she's facing over 2 months with no treatment there and she need it started ASAP! For those if you who followed Maricela's case from the beginning, you know just how much Misti unselfishly gave of herself to finding her. She is a sweet and loving lady who gave her all. Let's play it forward. If you find it in your heart to donate anything to her account, I know she'll be overwhelmed with gratitude. I hope this post doesn't get deleted, a fellow Websleuther is in need. Thanks you for any support. May God bless you Misti ❤️
https://www..com/please-bring-misti-family-home

It's been a while since I've been on this post but I found out today one of dear Websleuthers" Misti, is going through a very difficult time as she was diagnosed with thyroid cancer that's aggressively invading her lungs. Her family needs her home in Texas from California now, within 2 weeks due to insurance issues as she's facing over 2 months with no treatment there and she need it started ASAP! For those if you who followed Maricela's case from the beginning, you know just how much Misti unselfishly gave of herself to finding her. She is a sweet and loving lady who gave her all. Let's play it forward. If you find it in your heart to donate anything to her account, I know she'll be overwhelmed with gratitude. I hope this post doesn't get deleted, a fellow Websleuther is in need. Thanks you for any support. May God bless you Misti ❤️

I'm so sorry to hear [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It might be easier for her to get medical care as indigent here in CA, but I know it will be more expensive in bills. But I do know when my son had cancer I got a bill for one appt and it was 32k. Texas doesn't have the help CA does.

mistivon, even with your own personal trials and tribulations, you continue to recognize a sweet stranger as though she were your own flesh and blood. it says a lot about your character. as you keep saying about Mari, you yourself are a kind, generous and beautiful soul.

thank you for being Maricela's voice. thank you for being persistent, insistent, and consistent all on behalf of sweet Mari.

With a heavy heart, I'm reaching out to those of you who know, "Mistivon" (Misti Patten). She has been diagnosed with an aggressive thyroid type cancer that is rapidly invading her lungs. Her medical prognosis is grim and without advanced treatment and surgeries, she may lose her life. Now many of you know "Mistivon" for her endless contributions and self-sacrificial support on the Marcela Garcia case, amounst many others on WS. From day one of the missing case until well after she was laid to rest, "Mistivon" has been a magnificent example of how and why "Websleuths" exist. It's users like her, who are big-hearted, gracious and very determined to bring our loved ones home that make this world a better place. Now like many of you I have never met "Mistivon" in person but I fell in love with her "love for the life of others". So I'm asking you today to please reach out with your heart and help Misti get her life back. She needs $1,000 more to fly her and her family back home to Texas where she can get the treatment she needs. I know with the help of Our Lord, we can do this!! PLEASE join me at the link below as I donate too. Thank your for your time and support. God bless us all. 💞

With a heavy heart, I'm reaching out to those of you who know, "Mistivon" (Misti Patten). She has been diagnosed with an aggressive thyroid type cancer that is rapidly invading her lungs. Her medical prognosis is grim and without advanced treatment and surgeries, she may lose her life. Now many of you know "Mistivon" for her endless contributions and self-sacrificial support on the Marcela Garcia case, amounst many others on WS. From day one of the missing case until well after she was laid to rest, "Mistivon" has been a magnificent example of how and why "Websleuths" exist. It's users like her, who are big-hearted, gracious and very determined to bring our loved ones home that make this world a better place. Now like many of you I have never met "Mistivon" in person but I fell in love with her "love for the life of others". So I'm asking you today to please reach out with your heart and help Misti get her life back. She needs $1,000 more to fly her and her family back home to Texas where she can get the treatment she needs. I know with the help of Our Lord, we can do this!! PLEASE join me at the link below as I donate too. Thank your for your time and support. God bless us all. [emoji179]

No no no no no - Mistivision I’m so very sorry to hear that
I will be sending you a token towards your goal and wish you a very successful and speedy recovery
Much love from UK
Jacqui ❤️

With a heavy heart, I'm reaching out to those of you who know, "Mistivon" (Misti Patten). She has been diagnosed with an aggressive thyroid type cancer that is rapidly invading her lungs. Her medical prognosis is grim and without advanced treatment and surgeries, she may lose her life. Now many of you know "Mistivon" for her endless contributions and self-sacrificial support on the Marcela Garcia case, amounst many others on WS. From day one of the missing case until well after she was laid to rest, "Mistivon" has been a magnificent example of how and why "Websleuths" exist. It's users like her, who are big-hearted, gracious and very determined to bring our loved ones home that make this world a better place. Now like many of you I have never met "Mistivon" in person but I fell in love with her "love for the life of others". So I'm asking you today to please reach out with your heart and help Misti get her life back. She needs $1,000 more to fly her and her family back home to Texas where she can get the treatment she needs. I know with the help of Our Lord, we can do this!! PLEASE join me at the link below as I donate too. Thank your for your time and support. God bless us all. [emoji179]

Done $25 from UK

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member