CA CA - Marie Elizabeth "Marliz" Spannhake, 19, Chico, 31 Jan 1976

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just watched this episode and apparently Cameron is set to be released potentially. It seems like they know the general area of the body and if they find bones it'll verify Janice's story, which would ensure he never sees the light of day. Does anyone know if there have been any recent search parties in the area they believe she's buried? I know there are new radar that can scan ground and even see through cement for graves, so it almost seems like it could be solved with a little bit of effort. It's apparently off of a dirt road near highway 44 and highway 17 near Lassen National Park. I know it's a dense area but I wonder if new ground radar can help.
It might be a challenge to get the funding. They have a hard time locating bodies that are above ground. Searching such a large, dense area with ground penetrating radar would be quite the challenge.

Last edited:
This UID is probably unlikely Marie considering the time gap, but there was an unidentified woman found off a logging road south of Highway 44 in 1995. I don't think they are related since Hooker was in prison in the 90's, but still worth a mention due to proximity.

Namus #UP17579

I've been catching up on the Netflix UM episodes, and recently watched "The Ghost in Apartment 13" (2022). Extremely disturbing crime(s) here. It's sad that the family never got closure re: this MS case - even though it's evident what occurred here.

And, it's appalling that the perp. CH was originally sentenced to 104 years in prison back in the '80's (even though it wasn't for this crime, but another one). However, he's already been released from prison & into a hospital. And, it's possible he may get out at some point. This just shows that these long sentences mean absolutely nothing. What's the point in giving a violent criminal a punishment like this when the time the perp is supposed to serve can be so severely truncated?! The whole system is a joke and a farce.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back