GUILTY CA - Mark & Jacob Iskander, 11 and 9, Killed by Drunk Socialite Rebecca Grossman in Veh vs Ped Hit & Run - Los Angeles, 2020 *GUILTY on all counts*

I attached an update from "Justice for Mark and Jacob Iskander" page on the Nextdoor app. Apparently, the outrage from the supporters of the Iskander family was heard. The prosecutors have been re-instated. It is not formal yet, and there will be a hearing on May 17, 2024 to address the "Conflict of Interest" issue.

Maybe I will just post a link. I can't seem to upload the photo.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240515_091557_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240515_091557_Chrome.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 20
I attached an update from "Justice for Mark and Jacob Iskander" page on the Nextdoor app. Apparently, the outrage from the supporters of the Iskander family was heard. The prosecutors have been re-instated. It is not formal yet, and there will be a hearing on May 17, 2024 to address the "Conflict of Interest" issue.

So does this mean everything is back on track (including the sentencing date) with only one change, the post conviction trial attorney?

So does this mean everything is back on track (including the sentencing date) with only one change, the post conviction trial attorney?

Yes. As far as I know. I am updating this site from the local information on Nextdoor, that has a postings "Justice for Mark and Jacob Iskander". They also have a Facebook page.

The local people in Westlake, CA are following this case very closely, and have been an amazing resource and support group for the Iskander family.

Thank god! It seemed so outrageous. So dirty.

The "rest of the story" Grossman has hired an attorney for her appeal who is also an attorney for D.A. Teran, who supervises the prosecutors in the Grossman trial. That is the "conflict of interest".

My question is, if it is such a "conflict of interest" why did the attorney, James Spertus, take the Grossman appeal case? Why didn't he state that ethically it would be a conflict of interest? Why did Grossman specifically seek out this one attorney? After all, her former team of attorneys were from Texas.

The "rest of the story" Grossman has hired an attorney for her appeal who is also an attorney for D.A. Teran, who supervises the prosecutors in the Grossman trial. That is the "conflict of interest".

My question is, if it is such a "conflict of interest" why did the attorney, James Spertus, take the Grossman appeal case? Why didn't he state that ethically it would be a conflict of interest? Why did Grossman specifically seek out this one attorney? After all, her former team of attorneys were from Texas.

A menacing and premeditated plan to sink the prosecution by hiring this conflict of interest.

We can see the levels that the Grossmans are willing drop to try to derail the sentencing.

Right! Why would the conflict of interest impact the prosecution? Why not the defense? I really wish this could be covered on Court TV and have attorneys explain this. It’s wild.

She is obviously fighting for her life. I mean maybe I get it. If I had all the money in the world, and no conscience, I guess I’d try the same thing. In the meantime, I hope every minute of her existence in the “medical ward” of jail is miserable.

Right! Why would the conflict of interest impact the prosecution? Why not the defense? I really wish this could be covered on Court TV and have attorneys explain this. It’s wild.

She is obviously fighting for her life. I mean maybe I get it. If I had all the money in the world, and no conscience, I guess I’d try the same thing. In the meantime, I hope every minute of her existence in the “medical ward” of jail is miserable.

what a mess.
I do hope for the same thing...one of the many different court / crime shows should cover this to better explain some orf the details....
As always, "money talks and some walk".....
How deliberate was this move to hire the attorney....

I hope, if anyone does see one of the court shows covering it, please broadcast loud and clear....

Why is she in the medical ward? Probably a "scam" to get out of her cell block.

Nancy Iskander speaks so deeply from the heart and her pain and anger is so real.

"It feels so unfair not only to lose the kids but also to find yourself in the middle of a fight and with a person who wants to hurt you as much as possible in the middle of it," Iskander said."

Justice for the Iskander family, please.

I still think that there is more to this...but the court reviewed and approved "Conflict of Interest".

Next hearing is June 3, regarding a new trial motion, if that motion is denied, sentencing will be on June 10, 2024.

I still think that there is more to this...but the court reviewed and approved "Conflict of Interest".

Next hearing is June 3, regarding a new trial motion, if that motion is denied, sentencing will be on June 10, 2024.
can you add to your "thinking there is more to this"....
I just have not been as tightly connected to all the proceedings, and am confused about the origins of the conflict of interest.

can you add to your "thinking there is more to this"....
I just have not been as tightly connected to all the proceedings, and am confused about the origins of the conflict of interest.

I'd agree. My hinky meter is off the chart with this. It is not an accident, it is a very clear ploy to delay or disqualify the prosecutor and upturn the sentencing into an appeal.

My guess is that the Grossman's also have an appeal of the appeal to an Appellate Court and probably the Supreme Court of California in mind.

This woman is still convicted of two murders and has shown no remorse or IMHO ethical behaviour in her trial.

I was always confused why the prosecutors should recuse, when it's the defense attorney hire that created the conflict, and the conflict would still be there (relation with Teran) even without those prosecutors.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back