GUILTY CA - Mark & Jacob Iskander, 11 and 9, Killed by Drunk Socialite Rebecca Grossman in Veh vs Ped Hit & Run - Los Angeles, 2020 *GUILTY on all counts*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They are asking for letters to Judge Bandolino. In support of the Iskander family.

cri
I am in FULL support of the Iskander family and their right to have a convicted criminal sentenced and incarcerated for her negligent and arrogant crimes.

VAN NUYS, LOS ANGELES (CNS) -- A judge Monday rejected the defense bid's for a new trial for Rebecca Grossman, who was convicted in February of second-degree murder for a crash that killed two young boys who were struck while walking with their family in Westlake Village.

She is facing up to 34 years to life in state prison, with sentencing set next Monday.

Wow, the words from her attorney are like those from a slithering snake's mouth speaking with forked tongue:

"During a hearing in the Van Nuys courtroom, one of Grossman's new defense attorneys, James Spertus told the judge, "It's a tragedy. It's not a murder."

He said that the defendant is a mother who expressed tremendous concern for the victims and that she "does not have a malignant heart."

This was the best they could come up with after 14 weeks of preparation?

Wow, the words from her attorney are like those from a slithering snake's mouth speaking with forked tongue:

"During a hearing in the Van Nuys courtroom, one of Grossman's new defense attorneys, James Spertus told the judge, "It's a tragedy. It's not a murder."

He said that the defendant is a mother who expressed tremendous concern for the victims and that she "does not have a malignant heart."

This was the best they could come up with after 14 weeks of preparation?

I thought she was only concerned with getting away. Didn't she complain that she could have gotton home except the car manufacturer put in a mechanism that disabled her car ?

I am so grateful for this ruling.

It spares the Iskander family from more abuse and distress caused by the self-centered conceit of Rebecca Grossman.

Once RG is sentenced and off to her new home in central California, I truly hope the Iskander family can feel safe and get closure.

I thought she was only concerned with getting away. Didn't she complain that she could have gotton home except the car manufacturer put in a mechanism that disabled her car ?

Yes. Her intent was clearly to get home, lock the car in the garage, pretend nothing had happened, and if questioned, blame Scott Erickson for everything.

Eloquent words, as usual, from Mrs. Iskander, mother of Jacob and Mark Iskander, "going to the trial each day was like going to their funeral every day, but now I have closure.'.

Seriously, RG has been kicking and screaming like a toddler, trying to her out of accountability for her actions. This was not a "tragic incident", it was deliberate, reckless behavior of an impaired driver, racing her boyfriend.

The article was so impossibly self serving, being a neglected child doesn't excuse poor behavior as an adult. And aside from RG attending fundraisers, how has she contributed to humanity? Eye roll!

According her attorney in the video, she will have the chance speak at her sentencing, to the effect of "how devastated she is about what happened."
Devastated for herself, since she sure didn't give the impression she was devastated for the Iskander family.....not one bit.

According her attorney in the video, she will have the chance speak at her sentencing, to the effect of "how devastated she is about what happened."
Devastated for herself, since she sure didn't give the impression she was devastated for the Iskander family.....not one bit.

Truly. She gives no indication that she has any remorse for her own actions in the deaths of these two boys.

Thank god! Whenever I see an update to this thread, I get a sick feeling. Glad her sentencing phase will move forward. Even though she faces up to 34 years, I assume she will get less than 10.

The charges she was convicted of include two counts of second-degree murder, two counts of vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence, and hit-and-run resulting in death.

California Second Degree Murder Laws At A Glance​

For more specific information on California second degree murder laws, see the chart below.

StatutesCalifornia Penal Code Section 187 (general murder statute)
California Penal Code Section 189 (defining first and second degree murder)
California Penal Code Section 190 (penalties)
California Penal Code Section 194 (the 3 year and 1 day presumption)
Possible PenaltiesCalifornia state laws set the term of imprisonment for second degree murder as 15 years to life in state prison. The term increases to 20 years to life if the defendant killed the victim while shooting a firearm from a motor vehicle. In addition, the term may increase to 25 years to life if the victim of the crime was a peace officer.

Thank god! Whenever I see an update to this thread, I get a sick feeling. Glad her sentencing phase will move forward. Even though she faces up to 34 years, I assume she will get less than 10.

No chance, there are minimum sentencing guidelines.

California Second Degree Murder Laws At A Glance​

California state laws set the term of imprisonment for second degree murder as 15 years to life in state prison.

A sentence of 15 years to life, 25 years to life or similar sounding words all mean the same thing. The only difference is the time frame.

What the Number Means
The number in the sentence indicates the minimum number of years the inmate must serve before he or she can be considered for parole. If the inmate is sentenced to 15 years to life, he or she can request a parole hearing after 15 years. If an inmate is sentenced to 10 years, the inmate might be granted parole after a few years, but if not, he or she is going to be released after completing 10 years.

Last edited:
Truly. She gives no indication that she has any remorse for her own actions in the deaths of these two boys.

And personally, she really has not shown any class, or acknowledgement that her actions should have consequences.

How much more eloquent this would have been, if RG had acknowledged her actions, pled guilty, and requested leniency from the court, for her sentence? It would have reduced the pain RG has inflicted on her victims, and shown a strength of character to her children, family and community.

I believe that people would have been far more receptive to a minimum sentence if she had done this. And what a tremendous show of character that would have been.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphmaic
Back