GUILTY CA - Mark & Jacob Iskander, 11 and 9, Killed by Drunk Socialite Rebecca Grossman in Veh vs Ped Hit & Run - Los Angeles, 2020 *GUILTY on all counts*

After the sentence was handed down, the vile Grossman woman then said this to Nancy Iskander:

The boys' mother, Nancy, got up and was about to leave the court when Grossman begged her to stay saying had been wanting to speak to her.

Nancy sat back in her seat and put her head down in front of her as Grossman spoke to her, sobbing.

She told her: 'Please don't leave. All l ever wanted to tell you I'm sorry. I just wanted write to you. I just wanted to be a human to human, mother to mother. I wanted to leave this world because I didn't want to be here anymore.

'God knows I never saw anyone... I don't know why God didn't take my life.'

Grossman said she stayed by her car for 20 minutes and was in a 'state of denial.'

'I just had a break with reality. My pain is nothing compared to your pain. I wish there was something I could do.'

It is STILL ALL ABOUT HER.

I hope she is reviled in prison for the manipulative lying jerk she is.
I hear child killers aren't too popular in prison. JMO

I do believe Grossman has to serve the 15 years before she is eligible for parole.

What is a life sentence with the possibility of parole? (Indeterminate Sentencing Law – ISL)
An example of a life sentence with the possibility of parole is when an offender is sentenced to serve a term of “15 years to life.”

Offenders serving life sentences with the possibility of parole are automatically eligible for a parole hearing typically 13 months prior to their Minimum Eligible Parole Date, or upon reaching the eligibility for the Youth Offender or Elderly Parole processes. Just because an Offender has been scheduled for a parole proceeding does not mean he or she will be released on parole. The Board of Parole Hearings (BPH) will determine whether offenders are suitable for parole. Offenders sentenced to life with the possibility of parole are not guaranteed parole and can be held in prison for life.

Another source I found on Quora

You would have to serve a minimum of 15 years before being eligible for parole. It also means that you’d stay there for the rest of your life unless you were paroled.

Wouldn't the sentence be 15 years instead of 15 years to life, if she could get parole earlier?

I do believe Grossman has to serve the 15 years before she is eligible for parole.

What is a life sentence with the possibility of parole? (Indeterminate Sentencing Law – ISL)
An example of a life sentence with the possibility of parole is when an offender is sentenced to serve a term of “15 years to life.”

Offenders serving life sentences with the possibility of parole are automatically eligible for a parole hearing typically 13 months prior to their Minimum Eligible Parole Date, or upon reaching the eligibility for the Youth Offender or Elderly Parole processes. Just because an Offender has been scheduled for a parole proceeding does not mean he or she will be released on parole. The Board of Parole Hearings (BPH) will determine whether offenders are suitable for parole. Offenders sentenced to life with the possibility of parole are not guaranteed parole and can be held in prison for life.

Another source I found on Quora

You would have to serve a minimum of 15 years before being eligible for parole. It also means that you’d stay there for the rest of your life unless you were paroled.

Wouldn't the sentence be 15 years instead of 15 years to life, if she could get parole earlier?

15 to life means her minimum sentence is 15 years and her maximum is life.
At 15 years she is eligible for parole and if she doesn't get parole she can keep going up for it every few years. She gets credit for time served.

The Crumbley's from MI got 10 to 15 years. After 10 years they can start going up for parole. At 15 years they max out and must be released.

2 Cents

I thought this would be the sentence. Maybe I am alone in it but I am pleased, the judge stuck to the law and similar CA cases IMO.
JMO California has an 85% rule for serious/violent felonies per Penal Code 667.5 so Grossman must serve 15 yrs x .85 = 12.75 years.

In a similar CA case of a DUI accident resulting in death, Honeycutt of Temecula received "19 years to life" a little longer because she had prior DUI convictions. Quoted in the article, her lawyer stated she would be eligible for parole (hearing) in 2026. Incarcerated since the accident January 2011, that is 19 x .85 = 16.15 years minimum, so Honeycutt could be released in early 2027. Link:

IMO Grossman will follow this pattern IF she can admit responsibility. Maybe year end 2036 release.

15 to life means her minimum sentence is 15 years and her maximum is life.
At 15 years she is eligible for parole and if she doesn't get parole she can keep going up for it every few years. She gets credit for time served.

The Crumbley's from MI got 10 to 15 years. After 10 years they can start going up for parole. At 15 years they max out and must be released.

2 Cents
Killer socialite Rebecca Grossman is jailed for 15 years to life

“However, prosecutors noted she could be eligible for parole in six to seven years if she gains credit for good behavior.”

This is so maddening. 6-7 years. But it will be a really miserable 6-7 years we can hope.

I do feel for Rebecca’s children. Obviously feel horrible for the Iskanders. Wonder if Dr will divorce RG.

I thought this would be the sentence. Maybe I am alone in it but I am pleased, the judge stuck to the law and similar CA cases IMO.
JMO California has an 85% rule for serious/violent felonies per Penal Code 667.5 so Grossman must serve 15 yrs x .85 = 12.75 years.

In a similar CA case of a DUI accident resulting in death, Honeycutt of Temecula received "19 years to life" a little longer because she had prior DUI convictions. Quoted in the article, her lawyer stated she would be eligible for parole (hearing) in 2026. Incarcerated since the accident January 2011, that is 19 x .85 = 16.15 years minimum, so Honeycutt could be released in early 2027. Link:

IMO Grossman will follow this pattern IF she can admit responsibility. Maybe year end 2036 release.
I listened to a podcast episode on Ear Hustle regarding this California case. Very sad. This is the transcript but you can search podcasts to find it.

“However, prosecutors noted she could be eligible for parole in six to seven years if she gains credit for good behavior.”

This is so maddening. 6-7 years. But it will be a really miserable 6-7 years we can hope.

I do feel for Rebecca’s children. Obviously feel horrible for the Iskanders. Wonder if Dr will divorce RG.

My State does normal sentenciing, your minimum is the bottom number but thanks for pointing it out.

The judge liked her for some reason.

She could be up for parole on good behavior in as soon as seven years, prosecutors said.

In the end, the defense got its last-choice request: that the two second-degree murder sentences be run concurrently. Judge Joseph also gave Grossman three years for hit and run, concurrent with the time for murder.

Brandolino said Grossman’s “actions were reckless and unquestionably grossly negligent,” and that she engaged in “dangerous” and “incredibly selfish” behavior.

“But she’s not a monster, as the prosecution attempts to portray her,” the judge added. He said he could not overlook that she is 60 years old with no criminal history, and “has engaged in philanthropy and demonstrated generosity in her life.”

It was unreasonable to expect a sentence of 34 years to life, similar to punishments of defendants who have intentionally killed others, the judge argued.

Reading the information presented by RG, was just...inappropriate. None of it sounded like she really understood what she should have said during this hearing. It should not have been excuses or justifications for her behavior, because there are not any.

A 55 year old woman, should know how to drive appropriately. Not racing her BF after drinking tequila. There was no reasonable explanation for this behavior. She should have been filled with contrition, and accepting of consequences of her behavior. She killed two children.

This woman has no self awareness or inner fortitude. She will have major problems adapting to prison, and getting along with the little people felons who will not take so kindly to her entitled personality.

I'm sure her husband has retained the services of some kind of prison advisor who can give her information and schemes on how to win friends and influence people while in prison. How to make the most of your prison commissary purchases. How to get botox and hair dye. What language to use to describe your symptoms to the prison doctor to get the meds you want.

Kind of a Dale Carnegie course for first-time felons.

I'm sure her husband has retained the services of some kind of prison advisor who can give her information and schemes on how to win friends and influence people while in prison. How to make the most of your prison commissary purchases. How to get botox and hair dye. What language to use to describe your symptoms to the prison doctor to get the meds you want.

Kind of a Dale Carnegie course for first-time felons.

When the Varsity Blues people went to prison, some did hire a prison consultant to help them figure out strategies. Outrageous and true.

"Parents charged in the college admissions scandal are ..."

Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com › 2019/03/20 › meet-...
Mar 20, 2019 — The lawyer wanted to know whether Paperny — a federal prison consultant and felon who prepares people for life behind bars — was available to ...

I am appalled by the judge's statement about her. The fact that she is a philanthropist should not be mitigating. And, the fact that she has no criminal history only speaks to the fact that she had not been caught, rather than she never did something egregious or illegal. I am so sorry to the family of these boys. Make me sick that she is getting any sort of pass. I hope the Iskander family sues in civil court and uses every behavior to get a judgment.

“But she’s not a monster as the prosecution attempts to portray her,” Brandolino said.

She is 60, has no criminal history and engaged in philanthropy. A 34 years to life sentence is not warranted, the judge said. (Double murder: Grossman sentenced to 15 years to life for crash that killed brothers)

When the Varsity Blues people went to prison, some did hire a prison consultant to help them figure out strategies. Outrageous and true.

"Parents charged in the college admissions scandal are ..."

Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com › 2019/03/20 › meet-...
Mar 20, 2019 — The lawyer wanted to know whether Paperny — a federal prison consultant and felon who prepares people for life behind bars — was available to ...
If I was going to prison, I’d do the same if I was rich.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohthatmakessense
Back