Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hugs for you and your dear sister, blue. :heartbeat:

I've yet to see an official floor plan of this facility and wonder what type of restroom facilities there were. If people were actually living in this warehouse, were there toilets, sinks, etc.? How about running water? How about a kitchen or designated cooking area? Or, did the "residents" fend for themselves with makeshift heating elements?

I'm still stuck on the one toilet being shared by 20 people - having a hard time getting past that. It must have been akin to using a service station restroom.

I wonder where the tenants showered?

I'm posting this beautiful song by Jackson Browne, who lost a dancer friend in a fire many years ago. It seems appropriate, since those who died (and survived) the warehouse fire were there to dance. It's called "For a Dancer." It made me cry...good tears at the end for all who survived and for all of us.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DZFRPwrYeNA

I have been following this thread every chance I get. I have been so worried about Gitana, her brother and their family. They are in my thoughts are prayers. :rose:

Blue, I'm so glad your sister is safe, but can't imagine the toll it is taking on her mentally. Praying for emotional healing for your sister. :hug:

This is a terrible tragedy that has affected so many. It is heart-wrenching.

Continuing to send prayers, comforting vibes, and cyber hugs, from Appalachia to you and yours, gitana1 and blue22.

Short interview with two women who lived in the building:

[video=youtube;8VB0QvljoT0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VB0QvljoT0[/video]

He said there was a case years back where an airplane caught fire while still on the runway and yet many people died because panic set in and the evacuation process turned into a free-for-all of people fighting to get to an exit. I can't even imagine how much worse this would have been with no real staircase and a maze of furniture to navigate. It's just too heartbreaking to think about.
RSBM That sounds like the Manchester (UK) Airport Fire. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Airtours_Flight_28M . Small space, chaos and smoke and flames entering the fuselage due to wind direction.

Does anyone know if Linask has been here today? I know she is in touch with Gitana and was wondering if she and her family are okay.

Presser now fox news

Bringing in a Crane for use in Building Stabilization project & removal of heavy fire building contents - Cutting Power to the area while the Crane is in transit to the area for safety

No change in Victim Count.

Search resumed at 9AM this morning

Twitter Handles;

#oaklandfire names
#ghostship
#oaklandwarehousefire

Creative stair design. Nothing says stick it to the man like artistic stairs that trap people inside a fire because your stairs are too 'unique' to be used as a thoroughfare in an emergency. I really hope this guy doesn't get away with this. I really hope he's charged with murder, because that's what this was. It's disappointing nothing was done about it before people died though. It's not as if authorities were unaware.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

ETA just found this article on Paper Mag's site about fundraising and where to donate. http://www.papermag.com/how-to-help-oakland-2129953242.html

Creative stair design. Nothing says stick it to the man like artistic stairs that trap people inside a fire because your stairs are too 'unique' to be used as a thoroughfare in an emergency. I really hope this guy doesn't get away with this. I really hope he's charged with murder, because that's what this was. It's disappointing nothing was done about it before people died though. It's not as if authorities were unaware.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I wonder what he can be charged with? Any ideas? I wonder if he declared the income? Imagine paying that kind of rent for that place, There are other places in the US to live.

Thinking about Gitana1 and blue22 and their loved ones. :(

The enormity of this tragedy is pretty overwhelming. So many precious lives lost needlessly ; due to what I perceive as negligence and greed.
Reminds me of the Rhode Island nightclub fire and the actions of both Derderian brothers ; as well as the fire inspector who (imo) didn't do his job.

Rest in eternal peace to those who died . My utmost condolences to their hurting loved ones !!

the girls interviewed looked clean.

they probably showered at school, work, gym, a friend's house or catholic charities.

a studio apt in Oakland costs somewhere around 1600-1800 and up. this set up seems crazy but its somewhat common.

I doubt that folks who lived in that Bohemian environment cared much about personal hygiene. :moo:

there are many reasons why ppl don't leave. no family elsewhere. in my case, my husband's shared custody.

I wonder what he can be charged with? Any ideas? I wonder if he declared the income? Imagine paying that kind of rent for that place, There are other places in the US to live.

Blue​, just wrap your arms and our collective love around your sister. We are here if/when you should need us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanMichelle