CA CA - Matthew Weaver, 21, Santa Monica Mountains, 10 Aug 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The hat and shirt were found in this area. The key was found by his car on the other side of the platform.
This is very helpful. It appears everything was found in the general area of the car (albeit on the other side of the platform). I can't help but think he must be somewhere near where his shirt and hat were found. Did this appear to be a place where he may have fallen off? If so, was it a long drop that would have incapacitated him?
Would /could he have been able to walk from there? Or crawl? Has anyone thoroughly searched that area?

This is very helpful. It appears everything was found in the general area of the car (albeit on the other side of the platform). I can't help but think he must be somewhere near where his shirt and hat were found. Did this appear to be a place where he may have fallen off? If so, was it a long drop that would have incapacitated him?
Would /could he have been able to walk from there? Or crawl? Has anyone thoroughly searched that area?
We have searched the area where his hat was found and my family went down the side of the mountain where his car was too. The brush is just so dense it is extremely hard to move around or cover any ground.

We have searched the area where his hat was found and my family went down the side of the mountain where his car was too. The brush is just so dense it is extremely hard to move around or cover any ground.
How would he have gotten to the area where his hat was found? Did it appear that it could be a fall.? Or, did it appear he was able to walk under his own power down to where his hat and shirt was found? Sorry, not nitpicking but I'm trying to "visualize" how he got there, and where he may have gone after that.

How would he have gotten to the area where his hat was found? Did it appear that it could be a fall.? Or, did it appear he was able to walk under his own power down to where his hat and shirt was found? Sorry, not nitpicking but I'm trying to "visualize" how he got there, and where he may have gone after that.

I have a little knowledge of the area, and unless you’re walking on a maintained trail, crawling might be the only practical way to move around in some areas. (So it’s possible that crawling, difficult as it is, might be the best way to search, too.)

There are many different thoughts on how his hat got there such as. He could have been on the platform and his hat flew off, he could have thrown it out of anger, he fell and his hat was left, a struggle maybe a fight or something. The shirt of it is his is the only thing that throws me off.

Thank you so much wildcats for taking the time to answer my questions. I know how hard this is for your family. Was his hat and shirt easy to find or was it more hidden. I am surprised it was missed until now. :( the brush must be really dense.

I also had a question about the key. Did he always have his key alone? What about his house keys? Was he known to have a key ring or did he always keep the car key separate?

The key was found 1/20/19. It rained very hard within the last couple of months it could have been somewhere else and the rain pushed it there. We don’t have an answer how it was missed.

When I showed my husband the photo of the key and how it was found months later, he asked if the finder had used a metal detector.

There are many different thoughts on how his hat got there such as. He could have been on the platform and his hat flew off, he could have thrown it out of anger, he fell and his hat was left, a struggle maybe a fight or something. The shirt of it is his is the only thing that throws me off.
Was it a button down shirt? Or a T shirt? Was it ripped? Any buttons missing? Was there blood on the shirt?
I'm surprised his shoes weren't nearby.
Unless, he was hot, and that's why he removed the shirt.

Thank you so much wildcats for taking the time to answer my questions. I know how hard this is for your family. Was his hat and shirt easy to find or was it more hidden. I am surprised it was missed until now. :( the brush must be really dense.

I also had a question about the key. Did he always have his key alone? What about his house keys? Was he known to have a key ring or did he always keep the car key separate?

You would never see the shirt or the hat unless you physically went down there and looked. We have passed by it for months and have been right in that area several times. Usually he had just a key.

Was it a button down shirt? Or a T shirt? Was it ripped? Any buttons missing? Was there blood on the shirt?
I'm surprised his shoes weren't nearby.
Unless, he was hot, and that's why he removed the shirt.

It was a regular white t shirt, it was torn to shreds, and had either blood or dirt on it. We did not find the shoes.

It was a regular white t shirt, it was torn to shreds, and had either blood or dirt on it. We did not find the shoes.
I can't help but think he tried walking down to that area and got cut up in the process. Could dogs go down and sniff around or has too much time elapsed?
After getting to that area and getting rid of his shirt and hat, how far could he have gone? He was probably dehydrated, hung over and having little to no sleep was possibly delirious. Does anyone know if dogs would be able to trace him or pick up a scent?

I can't help but think he tried walking down to that area and got cut up in the process. Could dogs go down and sniff around or has too much time elapsed?
After getting to that area and getting rid of his shirt and hat, how far could he have gone? He was probably dehydrated, hung over and having little to no sleep was possibly delirious. Does anyone know if dogs would be able to trace him or pick up a scent?
If you walk straight down then it connects to I believe back bone trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo