CA CA - Matthew Weaver, 21, Santa Monica Mountains, 10 Aug 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of what happened, I find it totally outrageous that first responders arrived and heard “screams for help,” but ended up leaving without identifying where/who those screams were coming from. How is that even possible. I realize they have a difficult job, but (to me at least) that sounds so negligent... I just don’t even know what to say.

LA area news is picking this up again...

Search continues for missing 21 year-old man whose vehicle was found abandoned near Topanga

Matthew Jonathan Weaver Jr. was last seen about 9:30 p.m. on Aug. 10 in the 2600 block of Stearns Street in Simi Valley. His vehicle was located the following day on the Topanga Tower Motorway, near Rosas Overlook above the Backbone Trail and Hondo Canyon areas, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.

LAPD Officer Rosario Herrera told City News Service that no new information has surfaced about the whereabouts of Weaver...

No new information, except maybe that stuff about the cries for help, the 911 calls about the cries for help and also that LE/FD heard the cries for help. None of that is reported here although I bet it would catch the public's attention.

The LAPD is handling this one - not LASD - because the car was found in Topanga and Topanga is LAPD jurisdiction.

I I wish I was better at Google Earth but 2600 Stearns St. In Simi Valley is quite a ways from where the car was found. It appears that the 2600 Stearns St a dress is an office for storage units.

Here is The Rosas Overlook. Looks like quite a drop from there.

https://earth.app.goo.gl/?apn=com.google.earth&ibi=com.google.b612&isi=293622097&ius=googleearth&link=https://earth.google.com/web/@34.09168598,-118.63570446,724.96337936a,981.95774982d,35y,-87.16817276h,44.95188476t,-0r/data=ClMaURJJCiUweDgwYzI5Zjg3ODgzOWRjYWQ6MHg4ZjYzNGVjNzIyZmZmNDdiGd-ZGrLLC0FAIeSMF8G1qF3AKg5Sb3NhcyBPdmVybG9vaxgBIAEoAg
I wonder if they checked in storage units? I also can't understand why cries/screams went uninvestigated. In fact, it is getting sort of mind boggling when people are dying/missing even though they have taken actual footage of the killer(Abby/Libby), took selfies, made distress calls, etc. People need to start having a different reaction to these things. Why is it considered so "ho-hum" evidence? I say if someone can get shot or beat down with no evidence against them at all, all evidence should be investigated. Not bashing LE, just saying more resources need to go to investigation. JMO.

Well, 2600 Stearns St. Is an In n Out Burger place. Topanga Tower Motorway is about 48 min. away.
That’s where he was actually last seen not where the car was found. He used to live up in Simi.

See timeline below. The screams were not at Stearns Street. BBM.

I'm trying to make sense of all the information reported.

- Aug. 10 ~9:30 PM: Matthew was seen on the 2600 block of Stearns St. in Simi Valley. [Unclear if a witness saw him, or they have security footage. There is an In-N-Out at 2600 Stearns.]

- Aug. 10 - time unknown: Matthew's last SnapChat was in the general location of where his car was found.

- Aug. 11 ~midnight: A witness calls 911 after hearing a cry for help/screams near Stunt and Shueren Rd. (where his car was found).

- Aug. 11 ~2:00 AM: First responders arrive and at least two (CHP and Fire) hear screams/cries for help.

- Aug. 11 - "morning": Matthew's car is found by hikers, "stuck on a small hiking trail near the Rosas Overlook. Authorities responded to what they thought was a traffic accident". [Unclear if this is the same person who heard cries and called 911.]

- Aug. 11 ~3:00 AM: Matthew's car was found with the right front tire hanging over the cliff. All windows were rolled up and doors locked. His keys, wallet, phone and clothing have not been found. [This is from the page. Are hikers really out at 3 in the morning?]

Links:
Man whose vehicle was found in Topanga area has been missing 17 days – Daily News
Suspicious Circumstances Surround Disappearance of Matthew Weaver in Malibu Canyon Area Plagued By Shootings - The Local Malibu
Search in Topanga for hiker missing since early Saturday

That’s where he was actually last seen not where the car was found. He used to live up in Simi.

See timeline below. The screams were not at Stearns Street. BBM.
Sorry if that was unclear. He was last seen at an In n Out Burger place located at 2600 Stearns St in Simi.
His car was located approximately 48 miles away near the Rosas Mrs lookout. Please see my map above.

It looks possible to me that Matthew met someone at Rosas Lookout or they went up there together but in separate cars. They had an argument and the other person used Matthew's car to push him over the edge, then ransacked the car and fled.

Or maybe it was an accident. The person was sitting in Matthew's car, motor running, and Matthew was in front of the car. Maybe the person accidentally put the car into gear and it lunged forward, pushing Matthew over the edge. The person then fled in a panic.

Maybe in the two hours it took LE to get there some other unknown persons saw the car and stripped it of its wheel caps etc because they thought it was abandoned.

Could it be that first responders did search with lights but could not see Matthew and maybe he stopped responding so they could not find him that night?

They have continued searching right? Could he have moved away from the immediate area and expired elsewhere?

It looks possible to me that Matthew met someone at Rosas Lookout or they went up there together but in separate cars. They had an argument and the other person used Matthew's car to push him over the edge, then ransacked the car and fled.

Or maybe it was an accident. The person was sitting in Matthew's car, motor running, and Matthew was in front of the car. Maybe the person accidentally put the car into gear and it lunged forward, pushing Matthew over the edge. The person then fled in a panic.

Maybe in the two hours it took LE to get there some other unknown persons saw the car and stripped it of its wheel caps etc because they thought it was abandoned.

Could it be that first responders did search with lights but could not see Matthew and maybe he stopped responding so they could not find him that night?

They have continued searching right? Could he have moved away from the immediate area and expired elsewhere?

It’s been 18 days. This article says they searched either 3 or 4 times with the last one being this past Saturday, 8/25. The family has gone from door to door in the neighborhood also. My bet is that he is in the general vicinity. If he got hurt then I don’t think he would have traveled very far. If he wasn’t hurt, he would have come across roads and houses at some point or another. His family must be frantic :(

Suspicious Circumstances Surround Disappearance of Matthew Weaver in Malibu Canyon Area Plagued By Shootings - The Local Malibu

Sorry if that was unclear. He was last seen at an In n Out Burger place located at 2600 Stearns St in Simi.
His car was located approximately 48 miles away near the Rosas Mrs lookout. Please see my map above.

While it’s entirely possible where he was last seen was at the In-N-Out Burger place on Stearns St, the articles I’ve seen say “in (or, “on”) the 2600 block of Stearns St”.

So, I wanted to point out that I also see a 76 gas station across from In-N-Out, the storage units another poster mentioned, some houses, and what looks like condos or apts all on the 2600 block. If we know nothing other than that he was somewhere on this block, it seems to me he could have been at any one of these places.
(Just my interpretation)

While it’s entirely possible where he was last seen was at the In-N-Out Burger place on Stearns St, the articles I’ve seen say “in (or, “on”) the 2600 block of Stearns St”.

So, I wanted to point out that I also see a 76 gas station across from In-N-Out, the storage units another poster mentioned, some houses, and what looks like condos or apts all on the 2600 block. If we know nothing other than that he was somewhere on this block, it seems to me he could have been at any one of these places.
(Just my interpretation)
Yes, you are correct. When I originally looked at it, the pointer settled on a building with an orange roof so I was unsure. When I tried it again later, the Pointer landed on the orange roof and it said In N Out Burgers. (I used Google Earth and then used Google maps.)
So suffice it to say that he was somewhere in the 2600 block of Stearns St. in Simi. Sorry for the confusion.

I’ve read the . Says there are 5 updates and I can only view the first and last - neither mention condition of the car. Sigh

click "latest" at bottom then the second time click whatever the link says at bottom. then look at bottom and you can scroll through them

We own a body shop and this is true. They’re often chalk markers and not spray paint. The colors usually indicate something about the “loss”. Like we use bright neon yellow to circle impact points or small circles for hail damage. Quite often red can mean a bio car, not always someone passed but there was biological waste contamination. If they anticipated it would be a crime scene it could be for photography/evidence purposes? Idk. Maybe that’s a stretch.

friends of mien own a body shop and they had a bio truck... the guy was shot in the head and rolled into a pole. the damage to the car was minor, the back window was broken and a small dent in the front but the seat was mostly cut out and smelled. :( the police had released it and the family still wanted it :( so they took it to my friends.

Its very patchy news isn't it. Only one report mentions he was a hiker - it would be good to find out what his movements were that day apart from the sighting. Also, are they saying his last social media input was the day before the cries for help were heard? Sorry if I'm getting in muddle.

I find it odd they say he was hiking when he was last seen in town at 9:30 pm. I feel like this may be an area where local kids go to "party" or hang out. ive always got the impression there is weird stuff that goes on out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7