CA CA - Matthew Weaver, 21, Santa Monica Mountains, 10 Aug 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember once driving at night looking for a tennis court. I was inadvertantly driving on golf cart paths! Thankfully someone came after me (grounds crew, probably) and got me in the right direction. And no, I had not been drinking.

So, my point is, if he had been partying or drinking, I can see where he might get confused on what constitutes a car path vs one that is not.

From the front bumper damage, it looked like the car may have taken a forward tumble down a ridge. Maybe that's when he got out of the car and was thoroughly confused. Maybe he walked off a drop off nearby and was able to yell for help until he was no longer able or he slipped further down the ridge.

I remember once driving at night looking for a tennis court. I was inadvertantly driving on golf cart paths! Thankfully someone came after me (grounds crew, probably) and got me in the right direction. And no, I had not been drinking.

So, my point is, if he had been partying or drinking, I can see where he might get confused on what constitutes a car path vs one that is not.

From the front bumper damage, it looked like the car may have taken a forward tumble down a ridge. Maybe that's when he got out of the car and was thoroughly confused. Maybe he walked off a drop off nearby and was able to yell for help until he was no longer able or he slipped further down the ridge.

It claims his car was found at the top even though the gate is usually closed. If you go to the top there is not a lot of room to make a u-turn. Maybe he tried slid down the top part onto the road below? It said car doors closed and locked. No cell or wallet in car.

I'm trying to make sense of all the information reported.

- Aug. 10 ~9:30 PM: Matthew was seen on the 2600 block of Stearns St. in Simi Valley. [Unclear if a witness saw him, or they have security footage. There is an In-N-Out at 2600 Stearns.]

- Aug. 10 - time unknown: Matthew's last SnapChat was in the general location of where his car was found.

- Aug. 11 ~midnight: A witness calls 911 after hearing a cry for help/screams near Stunt and Shueren Rd. (where his car was found).

- Aug. 11 ~2:00 AM: First responders arrive and at least two (CHP and Fire) hear screams/cries for help.

- Aug. 11 - "morning": Matthew's car is found by hikers, "stuck on a small hiking trail near the Rosas Overlook. Authorities responded to what they thought was a traffic accident". [Unclear if this is the same person who heard cries and called 911.]

- Aug. 11 ~3:00 AM: Matthew's car was found with the right front tire hanging over the cliff. All windows were rolled up and doors locked. His keys, wallet, phone and clothing have not been found. [This is from the page. Are hikers really out at 3 in the morning?]

Links:
Man whose vehicle was found in Topanga area has been missing 17 days – Daily News
Suspicious Circumstances Surround Disappearance of Matthew Weaver in Malibu Canyon Area Plagued By Shootings - The Local Malibu
Search in Topanga for hiker missing since early Saturday

I was baffled by hikers at 3 am as well but on a family video on Facebook a family member said 3:30-4 ish and I thought oh that would make sense if people wanted to hike to the site to see the sunset? She also said it looked like the car went down a cliff into a trail and the dogs traced his sent on the trail but disappeared.

I’m wondering if he made it to the way top tried to make a u turn to get down slid onto the trail got out disoriented and fell off the cliff somewhere:(

This story is so sad to me. I hope they find him.

According to the below news report:
- Matthew worked as a lineman
- he liked to visit the Topanga area "to get away"
- family/friends have been out searching for him and handing out flyers every single day since he disappeared
- police got a tip that Matthew was seen at an In-N-Out in Simi Valley on Aug. 10

Search Continues for Missing Granada Hills Man

- family/friends have been out searching for him and handing out flyers every single day since he disappeared
- police got a tip that Matthew was seen at an In-N-Out in Simi Valley on Aug. 10

That’s so sad. I really hope they find him. I wonder where he could be. I am also still wondering if the X’s on the car were from someone or search and rescue.

friends of mien own a body shop and they had a bio truck... the guy was shot in the head and rolled into a pole. the damage to the car was minor, the back window was broken and a small dent in the front but the seat was mostly cut out and smelled. :( the police had released it and the family still wanted it :( so they took it to my friends.

Yeah, I usually don’t read the report that comes over with the insurance, we do mostly insurance claims. It’s depressing and we just have a bio team come clean the car to meet regulations, replace the glass, pdr the dent and then it goes to auction to be bought and sold by the next dealer. Wrecks are the worst. Like one minute there and then not. :/

So it was In-N-Out Burger he was seen at prior. Razz, you were right!
<modsnipped information from non MSM>

Last edited by a moderator:
So it was In-N-Out Burger he was seen at prior. Razz, you were right!
I also saw at the page that this was stated as well, along with new-to-me info that he was with someone:
He was last seen going through In N Out in Simi Valley on Friday , 8/10/18 between 9:40-10:40 pm. The employee said there was a female in the car with brown hair but could not see her face.”

By the wording I am assuming he went through the drive-thru and not the inside. If this sighting really was him, who was the woman he was with, and where is she? Why hasn’t she come forward? Was he known to frequent this burger location and that’s how the info of a sighting of him was obtained?

Still nothing. :( I keep logging in to see. I’m sad there is not more info on this since all the bad stuff happening in Malibu. :( I posted on the Malibu thread hoping people would come join but no one did. If his friends and family are searching and can’t find him then where did he go? I hope they expand their search farther out. What if he fell was injured and couldn’t climb back up but went further into the brush. Do they have a drone search.

Not Matthew Weaver. Body found in a Simi Valley park.

Suicide suspected in man's death

Authorities say a man whose body was found at Corriganville Park yesterday evening apparently took his own life.

The identity of the person found on Thursday night was not released, but police said it is not Matthew Weaver Jr., a 21-year-old Simi Valley native who has been missing since Aug. 10.

The lack of news and leads must be so frustrating for MW's loved ones. And also condolences to those who knew the man in the news report.

I am so confused. Do we still not know why it took LE for 2 HOURS (!!!) to come to an area for someone screaming for help in the middle of night?!?!

Did those people who heard him not stay around? They just left?

I was under the impression residents called it it. If it was an accident and home owners called it in I would think investigators could take a map and map his last location and make a search area with where his car was found, residence who called it in, where the search dogs last got his trail and come up with a search area. Hopefully that was done :( the brush is heavy and he could be anywhere. But if he’s not then where is he. :( He has to be in the area. I don’t think he left on his own.

I am so confused. Do we still not know why it took LE for 2 HOURS (!!!) to come to an area for someone screaming for help in the middle of night?!?!

Did those people who heard him not stay around? They just left?

What if it took 2 hours because they didn’t know where the sounds were coming from? It’s a huge area :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans