CA CA - Maximillian 'Max' Schweitzer, 41, Yosemite National Park, 4 Jan 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This thread jumped out at me as I have visited Yosemite many times. Camp 4 is casually known as the climbers' camp and is even a designated historic site (lots of great Amercan rock climbing history there). I looked on a climbing forum to make sure someone had posted the photo/article (it has been posted) and in the comments I saw a facebook screenshot stating that he is back at his house in Santa Cruz? Obviously all this must be taken with a grain of salt, but I was wondering if anyone on here has seen any further reports about it?

EDIT- UPDATE: There is a comment on Yosemite Park Service's Facebook post about this missing person indicating that they were home, the replies from the park service indicate that this comment was not factual and that it is still an active missing person's case.

Bummer - I was hoping he would be found alive, but I am certainly feeling that self-harm or unprepared wandering are more likely scenarios :(

In checking on the post, I noticed that Yosemite NP posted a second photo of Max on Jan. 10. Looks like a screen cap, maybe of a camera at a ranger center or trail registration?

attachment.php

Attachments

• schweitzer.jpg
    schweitzer.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 277
In checking on the post, I noticed that Yosemite NP posted a second photo of Max on Jan. 10. Looks like a screen cap, maybe of a camera at a ranger center or trail registration?

attachment.php

Can't say with 100% certainty, but looks more like one of the food service establishments in the valley to me. Possibly the cafeteria in the Yosemite Lodge right across from the Camp 4 area.

Can't say with 100% certainty, but looks more like one of the food service establishments in the valley to me. Possibly the cafeteria in the Yosemite Lodge right across from the Camp 4 area.

Yes, that would explain the sneezeguards! Nice catch.

The banner picture on his twitter page is of the Kryptos sculpture, which is a scrolled cipher located at the Agency HQ in Langley. Interesting!

Hopefully he's just off doing secret spy stuff. [emoji85][emoji86][emoji87][emoji859]️

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

While Max being missing is not a laughing matter....I laughed right out loud when I read the above!

can't find anything new.... assume he is still missing... so bump bump bump

Or bricks, rocks, etc. :(.

I hope I’m wrong :(.
I hope you are wrong too, but to me the backpack doesn't sit on his shoulder as if it's that heavy. Not that he couldn't have added heavy items later, however... :(

If the falls were running with any force around the time they found his vehicle, I don't think he would need to do anything more than let himself go over.

My gut says he accidentally fell from some high spot (not water) and he just hasn't been found.

If he truly is a Homeland Security analyst, maybe he us hiding from THEM. :scared:

https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/camp4.htm
Tent sites: 35 shared walk-in sites for tents only (sleeping in vehicles is not allowed)

Parking is available adjacent to the campground (it's a very short walk to the campsites). A parking permit is required from spring through fall. You will receive a free parking permit upon registering.
The Camp 4 parking lot will be closed September 17, 2017 through December 2017. Parking is available across the street from the campground, as signed.

Each campsite contains a fire pit (no grill), picnic table, and four shared food lockers [33"(D)x45"(W)x18"(H)], and is near a bathroom with drinking water and flushing toilets.

https://home.nps.gov/yose/learn/news/missing.htm
MISSING PERSON (updated information): Maximillian "Max" L. Schweitzer

If you think you might have any information regarding Max, especially if you hiked on the (upper) Yosemite Falls Trail January 1–3, 2018, please call 209/379-1992.

Max is a 41-year-old white male with brown hair and blue eyes, 5 ft. 8 in. tall, and weighing 185 pounds. His last known clothing is a light-colored long-sleeve shirt or sweatshirt, light-colored shorts (not pictured), and a dark-colored backpack. His rental car was found at Camp 4 parking on January 5, 2018, after it was reported overdue by the rental agency.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crackerjack82
Back