Still Missing CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 *husband arrested* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Case Details​

Case Number 37-2021-00046499-PR-GP-CTL
Case Type Guardianship of Person Only
Case Status Pending
Date Filed11/02/2021
Case Age 990
Location Central
Judicial Officer ALVAREZ, OLGA

Update Register of Actions (ROA) pre-Court Trial...

ROA NumberEvent DateEvent Type / CommentsDocuments
3648/1/2024Proof of Electronic Service
Filed by Maricris Drouaillet
Filed By: Petitioner Drouaillet, Maricris
Proof of Electronic Service
  • Page Count: 2
3637/31/2024Notice of Remote Appearance
Notice of Remote Appearance (Appearances) Filed by Maricris Drouaillet
Notice of Remote Appearance (Notice of Remote Appearance (Appearances))
  • Page Count: 3
3627/31/2024Request for Court Reporter by Party with a Fee Waiver
Filed by Lazarus Tristan Millete, Lara Mae Millete, Maylani Millete
Filed By: MinorMillete, Lazarus Tristan
Minor Millete, Lara Mae
Minor Millete, Maylani
Request for Court Reporter By Party with a Fee Waiver
  • Page Count: 1
3617/31/2024Notice of Hearing-Guardianship or Conservatorship
Filed by Lazarus Tristan Millete, Lara Mae Millete, Maylani Millete
Minor Millete, Lara Mae
Minor Millete, Maylani
Notice of Hearing - Guardianship or Conservatorship
3607/31/2024Report
Guardian Ad Litem Informational Report for Trial Filed by Lazarus Tristan Millete, Lara Mae Millete, Maylani Millete
Minor Millete, Lara Mae
Minor Millete, Maylani
Report (Guardian Ad Litem Informational Report for Trial )
  • Page Count: 49
3597/30/2024Proof of Service
Proof of Service (Comment)
Proof of Service (Proof of Service (Comment))
3587/30/2024Proof of Service
Proof of Service (Comment) Filed by Maricris Drouaillet
Proof of Service (Proof of Service (Comment))
3577/29/2024Request for Judicial Notice
Proposed Guardian, Maricris Drouaillet's Request to Take Judicial Notice Filed by Maricris Drouaillet
Request for Judicial Notice (Proposed Guardian, Maricris Drouaillet's Request to Take Judicial Notic
  • Page Count: 4
3567/29/2024Witness List
Joint Witness List Filed by Maricris Drouaillet
Witness List (Joint Witness List)
3557/29/2024Exhibit List
Joint Exhibit List Filed by Maricris Drouaillet
Exhibit List (Joint Exhibit List)
  • Page Count: 7
3547/29/2024Trial Brief
Trial Brief of Proposed Guardian, Maricris Drouaillet Filed by Maricris Drouaillet
Trial Brief (Trial Brief of Proposed Guardian, Maricris Drouaillet)
  • Page Count: 18
7/26/2024Motion Hearing
ROA#314-Notice of Motion and Motion of Maricris Drouaillet for Order to Augment First Written Exchange of Required Expert Witness Information and Expert Witness Declaration filed by Maricris Drouaillet 5/16/24
  • Hearing Date: 7/26/2024 8:30 AM
  • Judicial Officer: FRAZIER, RONALD F.
  • Department: 1603
N/A

See Probate Notes for 8/12/24 hearings for additional details...

Case Number 37-2023-00017948-PR-CE-CTL

Case Title Conservatorship of May T. Millete aka Maya Millete [IMAGED]

Case Category Probate
Case Type Conservatorship of Estate Only
Case Status Pending
Date Filed 04/26/2023
Case Age 348
Location Central
Judicial Officer ALVAREZ, OLGA

Scheduled Hearings

Hearing Date and TimeHearing DepartmentHearing Type / CommentsProbate Notes
8/12/2024 11:00 AM503Review Hearing
ROA #50 - Petition: for Partition of Real Property; (1) to Return Assets to Conservatee; (2) for Recovery of Damages for Breach of Fiduciary Duty; and (3)for Equitable Allocation of Proceeds of Sale of Rela Property [Cal. Code Civ. Proc. 872.230; Prob. C 850; Fam. Code 1100, 721] filed on 03/14/2024 by Kaitlyn Welling
8/12/2024 11:00 AM503Review Hearing
Review Hearing re: Update Regarding Funds to be Allotted

All Entries​

657/15/2024Proof of Service
Filed by JUDITH I MILLETE
Filed By: Attorney in Fact MILLETE, JUDITH I
Refers To: Objector Millete, Larry
Proof of Service
647/15/2024Objection - Other
Objection to Petition for 1) Partition of Real Property; 2) To Return Assets to Conservatee; 3) For Recovery of Damages for Breach of Fiduciary Duty; and 4) For Equitable Allocation of Proceeds of Sale of Real Property Filed by JUDITH I MILLETE
Filed By: Attorney in Fact MILLETE, JUDITH I
Refers To: Objector Millete, Larry
Objection - Other (Objection to Petition for 1) Partition of Real Property; 2) To Return Assets to C
  • Page Count: 5
637/12/2024System Generated Notice E-mailed
bonitapmartinez@aol.com
N/A
627/12/2024Rejected Filing
Substitution of Attorney
E-Filing Rejection Notice SD

Thanks for ALL that info @Seattle1 .... getting busy typing up my notes now! :D

So - there IS or IS NOT a trial for the Guardianship that I posted. It does mention 8/5 on your post above....

Thanks for ALL that info @Seattle1 .... getting busy typing up my notes now! :D

So - there IS or IS NOT a trial for the Guardianship that I posted. It does mention 8/5 on your post above....
Given a trial brief filed and request for a court reporter, I'm inclined to believe the Court Trial will take place on 8/5. Unfortunately, all the documents/notes referenced in the ROA update for July are locked/sealed from public view. I think confirmation is most likely in those docs that I can't access. MOO

Media made requests to cover 9 AM Aug 5 - Guardianship/Custody hearing but the Order/Ruling by the Court is not visible to the public.

Not seeing anything on CBS/8 today but providing link to prior coverage on this matter by News8.

Case Number 37-2021-00046499-PR-GP-CTL
Case Title Guardianship Of Lara Mae Millete, Maylani Millete, and Lazarus Tristan Millete [IMAGED]

8/5/2024Court Trial
ROA 1
  • Hearing Date: 8/5/2024 9:00 AM
Probate Notes
8/5/2024Court Trial
ROA 36
  • Hearing Date: 8/5/2024 9:00 AM
Probate Notes
3668/5/2024Order on Media Request to Permit Coverage Order on Media Request to Permit Coverage
3658/5/2024Media Request to Photograph, Record, or Broadcast Media Request to Photograph, Record, or Broadcast

So - I take it the trial just lasted one day? As I see the next hearing is the Review hearing on 11/18/24.
Is that correct? TIA!

So - I take it the trial just lasted one day? As I see the next hearing is the Review hearing on 11/18/24.
Is that correct? TIA!
I found this!

8/5/24

The husband appeared in Chula Vista court Monday afternoon for a hearing in advance of his murder trial, currently set for January 2025. But the judge said the defense intends to file a written motion to continue the trial to a later date. Both sides will argue that motion on September 10, the judge said in court.

Meanwhile, Maya’s children – now ages 14, 13 and 8 – are still living with their paternal grandparents, Benito and Judith Millete, in the family's Chula Vista house on Paseo Los Gatos.
No cameras were allowed in probate court Monday for opening statements in the guardianship trial.

Attorney Scott Finkbeiner, who represents Maya's sister, told the judge the grandparents have "tried to poison the relationship with the maternal family" by creating a "toxic emotional environment" for the kids.

[..]

Family members on both sides declined to comment to CBS 8 until after the judge issues his ruling in the case. The guardianship trial could stretch into early next week. Regardless of who wins custody, the other side likely will be granted visitation.

Tuesday, August 6th:
*Trial continues (Day 2) (re Guardianship) (@ 9am PT) - CA - *May “Maya” Millete (39) (last seen @ home on Jan. 7, 2021, near San Miguel Ranch area, Chula Vista & reported missing Jan. 9, 2021 by her sister; not found). *Larry Ibarreta Millete (40/now 42) charged (10/18/21), arrested (10/19/21) & arraigned (10/21/21) with murder. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. Denied bail (11/4/21). Found mentally competent to stand trial (9/26/22). San Diego County (South Bay)
*Larry Millete (39/now 41) regarding gun violence restraining order on possession of guns (1/7/21) <<temporary GVRO in place against Millete was dissolved 12/1/21. Plead not guilty. San Diego South County
*Murder Case: Next Motions hearing on 12/2/24 thru 12/5/24. Trial set to begin on 1/6/25 was vacated.
*Conservatorship case: Next review hearing on 8/12/24.
*Guardianship Case: Family Court Case #37-2021-00046499-PR-GP-CTL: Tabalanza, Pabilot vs. Millete, Larry / Family Court Petition for Visitation Case #FL21005040S
The battle over guardianship of the Millete children continues in San Diego probate court between Larry's parents & Maya's sister. Both sides are arguing over visitation during the summer months. At a hearing Monday, the judge said a final decision on custody of the children likely will not be made until after Larry's murder trial is concluded. Larry Millete’s parents & May Millete’s sister are both seeking guardianship of the children.
Trial began on 8/5/24.
Judge Olga Alvarez presiding.

Case & court info from 1/7/21 thru 7/25/24 reference post #900 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-7-jan-2021-husband-arrested-5.600342/page-45

Additional information from docket updates:
7/26/24 Update: Motion hearing. ROA#314-Notice of Motion & Motion of Maricris Drouaillet for Order to Augment First Written Exchange of Required Expert Witness Information & Expert Witness Declaration filed by Maricris Drouaillet 5/16/24. Judge Ronald F. Frazier presiding.
7/29/24 Docket update: [354] Trial Brief. Trial Brief of Proposed Guardian, Maricris Drouaillet Filed by Petitioner Maricris Drouaillet. Trial Brief (Trial Brief of Proposed Guardian, Maricris Drouaillet). [355] Joint Exhibit List Filed by Petitioner Maricris Drouaillet. Exhibit List (Joint Exhibit List). [356] Joint Witness List Filed by Petitioner Maricris Drouaillet. Witness List (Joint Witness List). [357] Proposed Guardian, Maricris Drouaillet's Request to take Judicial Notice filed by Maricris Drouaillet. Request for Judicial Notice (Proposed Guardian, Maricris Drouaillet's Request to Take Judicial Notice).
7/30/24 Docket update: [358] Proof of Service (Comment) Filed by Petitioner Maricris Drouaillet. Proof of Service (Proof of Service (Comment). [359] Proof of Service (Comment) filed By: Petitioner Drouaillet, Maricris.
7/31/24 Docket update: [360] Guardian Ad Litem Informational Report for Trial & [361] Notice of Hearing-Guardianship or Conservatorship & [362] Request for Court Reporter by Party with a Fee Waiver all filed by Lazarus Tristan Millete, Lara Mae Millete, Maylani Millete. [363] Notice of Remote Appearance (Appearances) filed by Petitioner Maricris Drouaillet.
8/1/24 Docket update: [364] Proof of electronic service filed by Petitioner Mariicris Drouaillet.
8/5/24 Monday, Trial Day 1: Docket updates: [365] Media request to photograph, record or broadcast. [366] Order on media coverage. No cameras were allowed in probate court Monday for opening statements in the guardianship trial. Attorney Scott Finkbeiner, who represents Maya's sister, told the judge the grandparents have "tried to poison the relationship with the maternal family" by creating a "toxic emotional environment" for the kids. The guardianship trial could stretch into early next week. Regardless of who wins custody, the other side likely will be granted visitation. Trial continues on 8/6/24.

Seattle1 said:
snipped by me...

The husband appeared in Chula Vista court Monday afternoon for a hearing in advance of his murder trial, currently set for January 2025. But the judge said the defense intends to file a written motion to continue the trial to a later date. Both sides will argue that motion on September 10, the judge said in court.

Since I can not access the article linked - so no motions hearings on 12/2 to 12/5 - instead a motions hearing on 12/10??

Can you access the San Diego Court (South County) site for this case - #CS319857. I had access a while back - but as usual something happened - and can not access it anymore! :(

I usually get alerts from the County - so have not seen a new motions hearing yet.

*Murder Case: Next Motions hearing on 12/2/24 thru 12/5/24. Trial set to begin on 1/6/25 was vacated.
Per the 8/5 MSM about the guardianship trial, seems there will be a Motion hearing on Sept 10 to push out the Jan 6, 2025 trial date.

^^rsbm

Since I can not access the article linked - so no motions hearings on 12/2 to 12/5 - instead a motions hearing on 12/10??

Can you access the San Diego Court (South County) site for this case - #CS319857. I had access a while back - but as usual something happened - and can not access it anymore! :(

I usually get alerts from the County - so have not seen a new motions hearing yet.

I'm not sure why I can't access the case online -- I can locate the criminal case but it says "the case has not been imaged" and "the case has not been microfilmed." Not even the calendar comes up for South County.

I'm not sure why I can't access the case online -- I can locate the criminal case but it says "the case has not been imaged" and "the case has not been microfilmed." Not even the calendar comes up for South County.

This is the link I can not access -

I know that @Curious Me was able to access this - maybe she will stop by & help! :)

edited to add - I shall put the murder case on 12/10 for the time being...

I know that @Curious Me was able to access this - maybe she will stop by & help! :)

edited to add - I shall put the murder case on 12/10 for the time being...
Thanks -- this link produced two records:

Records Retrieved: 2

Defendant
Larry Ibarreta Millete
Defense Counsel
Liann Sabatini
Court No.
CS319857
Date
12/02/2024
Time
09:00 AM
Judge
Event
Felony Other Motion Hearing
San Diego Superior Court, South County Division, South County Regional Center, Dept. 16

Defendant
Larry Ibarreta Millete
Defense Counsel
Liann Sabatini
Court No.
CS319857
Date
01/06/2025
Time
01:30 PM
Judge
Event
Felony Jury Trial
San Diego Superior Court, South County Division, South County Regional Center, Dept. 16

Records Retrieved: 2

Defendant
Larry Ibarreta Millete
Defense Counsel
Liann Sabatini
Court No.
CS319857
Date
12/02/2024
Time
09:00 AM
Judge
Event
Felony Other Motion Hearing

Defendant
Larry Ibarreta Millete
Defense Counsel
Liann Sabatini
Court No.
CS319857
Date
01/06/2025
Time
01:30 PM
Judge
Event
Felony Jury Trial

probably not updated yet.... hopefully I will get an alert later today.

what her poor kids think about all of this.

If OP is referring to the guardianship/custody matter, the children are still living in the family home with their paternal grandparents. They've blamed the maternal family for Larry being arrested and have generally opposed the petition by their Aunt to disrupt the only life that they've known. In other words, I think they continue to mimic their environment-- first with Larry and his parents, then Larry, and now his parents and/or their grandparents. It's very unfortunate but IMO, not unexpected.

Attorney Scott Finkbeiner, who represents Maya's sister, told the judge the grandparents have "tried to poison the relationship with the maternal family" by creating a "toxic emotional environment" for the kids.

http://caseinformation.sdcda.org/Index.aspx
Records Retrieved: 2...

@Niner, I got the same as @Seattle1. How I wish Maya would be found. Her Children, her Family and all the Searchers and Community deserve those answers and that tiny bit of closure. Prayers that Maya is found soon.

1722969964498.png

If OP is referring to the guardianship/custody matter, the children are still living in the family home with their paternal grandparents. They've blamed the maternal family for Larry being arrested and have generally opposed the petition by their Aunt to disrupt the only life that they've known. In other words, I think they continue to mimic their environment-- first with Larry and his parents, then Larry, and now his parents and/or their grandparents. It's very unfortunate but IMO, not unexpected.

Quoting my own post to add that initially (2021), the Court issued a temporary ruling to keep children in their home with their grandparents, as they'd always known, and delay hearing the competing petitions for guardianship until the conclusion of Larry's trial-- then estimated end of year or early 2022. (Following a cultural tradition, the maternal grandparents had long lived with the parents & children except for a brief period just before MM disappeared).

Fast forward more than 3 years later and today we have minor children also 3 years older (now 14, 13, and 8), and what's most important at this age are your friends, school, and your bedroom!

Granting custody to Auntie MD means moving to another town, smaller house, school, etc., and I don't think the Court can ignore the potential for retaliation by teens not too far from 'aging out' of Court control.

Most here know that children who lose one parent can and do block anything and everything to cling to their surviving parent.

Personally, I'll be shocked if the Court rules in favor of MD, and pray she will stay strong for the day that always comes when a mature mind finally allows one to accept for the very first time that their father really did disappear their mother. Sometimes this can take decades but it always comes... JMO

Meanwhile, Maya’s children – now ages 14, 13 and 8 – are still living with their paternal grandparents, Benito and Judith Millete, in the family's Chula Vista house on Paseo Los Gatos.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CPomerleau
Back