CA CA - Michael 'Mikey' Hall 37, Seriously Injured, walked out of medical ctr, Sacramento, 10 Mar 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

mlhenn

Reaction score
Seriously injured man missing in Sacramento

Michael Hall, also known as Mikey, walked out of the UC Davis Medical Center Thursday.

Hall was hit by a car on Stockton Boulevard in Sacramento on Jan. 23, and his mother told KCRA 3 he was nowhere near ready to be discharged.

Wilder said her son is also recovering from a traumatic brain injury, spinal fractures and a broken nose. He was in no condition, she said, to be away from the round-the-clock care he was getting.

UC Davis Police are handling the investigation.

People in the community are asked to contact police immediately at 916-734-2555 if they see the missing man.

Michael Hall recovering from traumatic brain injury is missing after walking out of UC Davis

6’1”
170 lbs
Brown hair
Brown eyes

The family of a seriously injured man who disappeared from UC Davis Medical Center is asking for help finding him.

Hall was hit by a car on Stockton Boulevard in January. His family told FOX40 that doctors performed life-saving measures on him for five days after the crash.

He was last seen wearing a light blue shirt and shorts.

According to family, he responds to Mikey and is known to hang out in the Oak Park and Lemon Hill areas.

Going off of @mlhenn 's post.
SNIPPED:
Michael Hall, also known as Mikey, suffers from schizophrenia and was supposed to be inside UC Davis Medical Center recovering from life-threatening injuries.
SNIPPED:
In the last couple of weeks, Hall’s family said UC Davis Health cut visiting hours to 30 minutes. Then on Thursday, Hall’s mother was planning to meet him for an imaging appointment at 12:40, but the family said doctors questioned why she was there and told her she didn’t need to be there.

So, she left, and Hall walked out moments later.

Going off of @mlhenn 's post.
SNIPPED:
Michael Hall, also known as Mikey, suffers from schizophrenia and was supposed to be inside UC Davis Medical Center recovering from life-threatening injuries.
SNIPPED:
In the last couple of weeks, Hall’s family said UC Davis Health cut visiting hours to 30 minutes. Then on Thursday, Hall’s mother was planning to meet him for an imaging appointment at 12:40, but the family said doctors questioned why she was there and told her she didn’t need to be there.

If hospitals cannot adequately monitor vulnerable patients, they should allow family/sitters to assist.
My elderly family member with dementia was hospitalized in January. While the hospital strictly adhered to the 1 visitor per patient Covid policy, we were allowed to take shifts round the clock to assist, and keep her from getting out of bed (fall hazard).

It almost sounds like he was an outpatient at UC Davis. Admitted patients don't normally have scheduled appointments for diagnostic testing. And he was dressed in street clothes.

It almost sounds like he was an outpatient at UC Davis. Admitted patients don't normally have scheduled appointments for diagnostic testing. And he was dressed in street clothes.

I believe he was still admitted at UC Davis when he went missing. (But I could be wrong)

His sister said he needed to be on 24-hour watch, even strapped down at times, but she said the hospital was so understaffed they asked family to stay with him.

I believe he was an addict, the streets he hung around that were shared on the news are drug user hang outs.
I wondered, the way the articles on him read, if perhaps he was homeless or down on his luck in some way before the accident in January.

I'm surprised that with spinal injuries, he was even able to walk out at all. Even after 6 weeks of treatment, I think that would still be very difficult and painful.

Does anyone know if UC Davis as a Long Term Acute Care facility. LTAC would be one of the most plausible explanation for him being in regular clothes but still an admitted UD Davis patient. It sounds like he was requiring extended medical care beyond the acute setting, which would make a LTAC appropriate- he could receive continued intensive medical treatment/rehabilitation without being in an acute care setting. If UC Davis has one on/near their campus, it could possibly explain how he was able to self remove himself from the hospital.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back