GUILTY CA - Michelle Hoang Thi Le, 26, Hayward, 27 May 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
  • 12:30 pm By Bay City News Service
    OAKLAND — An expert testified today that a computer belonging to Giselle Esteban, the Union City woman accused of murdering nursing student Michelle Le last year, showed hundreds of searches for Le's name shortly before she disappeared, as well as searches for ways to harm someone. According to a testimony, Esteban's computer also showed searches for ways to harm someone, including how to induce a heart attack without leaving a trace, how to follow someone without being caught, and how to break locks, deadbolts and doors. more at link: http://dublin.patch.com/articles/esteban-trial-computer-showed-hundreds-of-searches-for-michelle-le

By Paul T. Rosynsky

Oakland Tribune

Posted: 10/19/2012 10:46:21 AM PDT
Updated: 10/19/2012 10:46:26 AM PDT
OAKLAND -- Giselle Esteban wasn't acting as a reasonable person swayed by a heat of passion when she killed her former best friend Michelle Le, she was acting like a sociopath, a prosecutor said Thursday.
Bringing an end to this salacious murder trial, Deputy district attorney Butch Ford told the jury in closing arguments it should not be manipulated, as many others have, by Esteban's endless stream of lies.
Pointing to evidence showing that Esteban, 28, spent at least a month before the killing aggressively searching for Le's home address and making death threats while laughing during conversations with her ex-boyfriend, Ford said her defense of acting in a heat of passion doesn't match her actions.
"Sociopath, that's what we have here; she's laughing as she is talking about killing people," Ford said as he replayed a recording of a conversation Esteban had with her ex-boyfriend. "This isn't heat of passion. This is a planned assault, a strategic assault on someone who never saw it coming." more at link: http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_...contracostatimes.com-www.contracostatimes.com

The Michelle Le Murder Trial: Justice Delayed

Posted on October 26, 2012 by Marc Klaas

Snip:

It has been a week. Michelle’s family, who has displayed such grace and dignity throughout sits twisting in the wind as the jury deliberates. They wonder what is taking so long. Was the jury attending the same trial and listening to the same body of evidence? If they base their decision upon the evidence presented in court can they come to any conclusion but the obvious?

http://klaaskids.org/blog/

Just read Guilty
Here is a link
http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_21882675/esteban-guilty-first-degree-murder-killing-nursing-student-michelle-le

Posted: 1:46 p.m. Monday, Oct. 29, 2012 KTVU.com and Wires
OAKLAND, Calif. —
Giselle Esteban was convicted Monday of first-degree murder for the death of nursing student Michelle Le, her former friend and high school classmate, in May 2011.
Jurors deliberated for four and a half days before reaching their verdict against Esteban in a case in which prosecutor Butch Ford said she killed Le in the misguided belief that she was having a romantic relationship with Scott Marasigan, the father of Esteban's 6-year-old daughter, and was interfering with her relationship with Marasigan.
Le, a 26-year-old San Mateo resident who attended Samuel Merritt University in Oakland, disappeared from Kaiser Permanente Medical Center in Hayward on May 27, 2011. Her body was found in a remote area between Pleasanton and Sunol about four months later.<snip>

Ford said he doesn't think Esteban acted in the heat of passion because if Esteban had been upset with Marasigan and Le in 2005 she had ample time to cool down before she killed Le in May 2011.
"Six years is clearly a long cooling-off period," Ford said.
Esteban faces a term of 25 years to life in state prison when she's sentenced by Alameda County Superior Court Judge Jon Rolefson on Dec. 10. more at link: http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/esteban-found-guilty-michelle-le-case/nSrBB/

Recently I had the honor of having dinner with Michael Le, Michelle's brother, and his girlfriend.

Within minutes of meeting Michael he wanted to make sure you, as in members of Websleuths, knew how much he and his whole family appreciate your help in the search for his sister Michelle.

Michael went on to tell me how impressed he was with all of you and how much it meant to his family to know a group of strangers came together to help them during this horrifying time in their lives

Michelle Le's killer was found guilty yesterday after four days of deliberations. Giselle Esteban was found guilty of first degree murder. She will more than likely spend the rest of her life in jail. Let's hope so.

As dinner continued Michael continued to talk about Websleuths and how impressed he was with your sleuthing abilities in addition to your kindness.

Even people who couldn't help with the search or with the food for the searchers but posted messages of support were greatly appreciated by the Le family.

If you would like to leave a message here for the Le family I will make sure the see it.

Thank you for all you have done for the Le family and for so many other families of the missing who turn to Websleuths for help.

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith
Co-Owner of Websleuths.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To the Le family, I hope this conviction can help you heal and move forward. Remember the good times and all the happiness Michelle brought to your lives. I wish you all the best in the future. Chicagofa

I am so thankful that Michelle was able to get the justice she deserved. I know it doesn't ease the pain from losing her, though. It's wonderful to know she has a family who loved her dearly. :heartbeat:

Please take care and let us know if you need anything in the future!

To the Le family. I am so thankful that justice was served and you found comfort in the members here. May God bless you as the healing continues. :blowkiss:

Michael and Family,

I'm so sorry for your loss of the lovely Michelle. I pray justice is served properly.

May you keep the memory of Michelle alive forever. Don't be afraid to remember the good times, the childhood spats, the family dinners, the holidays and everything else you shared. She'll always be part of you and you part of her.

May your family be loved and blessed in many ways, you deserve it. :blowkiss:

Michael,

I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. My heart just breaks for you and your family.

God Bless Michelle, you, and your family. I am so glad justice was served in her case.

Ima

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious Michelle. I send you thoughts of comfort and peace and hope that you see some measure of justice for Michelle in the recent conviction.

May she remain in your hearts forever,

Salem

To the Le Family,

Michelle's disappearance and murder hit me doubly hard - having grown up in the San Leandro/Hayward area, I know all the landmarks, streets and cities involved. To know that my hometown area was the scene of another missing/murdered woman was heartbreaking. (My Father was murdered in Oakland, so that added ANOTHER layer to the emotions).

Adding to that is the fact that I have lived in San Diego for 26 years and know the area where Michelle lived and went to school. Even though we were far away, this crime impacted our Southern California community, too.

My prayers go out to your family that you might find a level of peace and comfort in knowing Michelle's story touched a lot of people that that her murderer will likely spend the rest of her life in prison. The people here at Websleuths felt it was our honor and duty to do what we could to support your family when you needed it most. ((((hugs)))

I am glad that justice was served so that you may now start the healing process of such a tragic loss. I was not a member here when she went missing, but I did lurk and follow Michelle's story.

Wishing you all love and healing from Texas. SDT

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope the healing process can now begin.

I must be missing something because i thought this was that case where she was killed at her university and Le didn't find her right away a few days later they found her inside the locker in the i think science lab but iam positive it was a kid ing the same class that did it and i remember iam sure it was a guy that did it ..Do I have the wrong case here i woulda sworn that was her name...

I must be missing something because i thought this was that case where she was killed at her university and Le didn't find her right away a few days later they found her inside the locker in the i think science lab but iam positive it was a kid ing the same class that did it and i remember iam sure it was a guy that did it ..Do I have the wrong case here i woulda sworn that was her name...

Different case. That case was back east and this case was in California.

The killer in this case was a woman who use to be good friends with Michelle Le. She became obsessed with Michelle because Michelle was friends with her ex boyfriend.

To the Le family:

My sincerest condolences to you.

I cannot imagine the pain and suffering that you have been through. I will be saying prayers that you find peace!

Your memories of Michelle are precious treasures, and I know they will bring comfort to you in trying times.

Recently I had the honor of having dinner with Michael Le, Michelle's brother, and his girlfriend.

Within minutes of meeting Michael he wanted to make sure you, as in members of Websleuths, knew how much he and his whole family appreciate your help in the search for his sister Michelle.

Michael went on to tell me how impressed he was with all of you and how much it meant to his family to know a group of strangers came together to help them during this horrifying time in their lives

Michelle Le's killer was found guilty yesterday after four days of deliberations. Giselle Esteban was found guilty of first degree murder. She will more than likely spend the rest of her life in jail. Let's hope so.

As dinner continued Michael continued to talk about Websleuths and how impressed he was with your sleuthing abilities in addition to your kindness.

Even people who couldn't help with the search or with the food for the searchers but posted messages of support were greatly appreciated by the Le family.

If you would like to leave a message here for the Le family I will make sure the see it.

Thank you for all you have done for the Le family and for so many other families of the missing who turn to Websleuths for help.

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith
Co-Owner of Websleuths.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That is beautiful and so nice to read. We here on WS care so much. EVen if we do disagree ( often) it does come from a caring place. It is so clear from his response why some families may not be so appreciative of our caring efforts.
I really thank you for sharing his thoughts so much with all of us.
I think about Michelle so much, I know that I don't post in her forum thread, but of all the cases hers is one that truly haunts me, and I keep her in my prayers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back