GUILTY CA, Murrieta, 5 year old boy (unnamed) in grave condition, parents arrested, 8/17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just read on his FB page that he is doing better. There was an update an hour ago and seems like some good news :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone mentioned this case on another thread. Before reading the whole thread, I wanted to look at the latest updates, only to find...none.
Am I looking in the wrong places? Did these 'parents' go to trial?
How's the little guy doing?

Someone mentioned this case on another thread. Before reading the whole thread, I wanted to look at the latest updates, only to find...none.
Am I looking in the wrong places? Did these 'parents' go to trial?
How's the little guy doing?
There's a gag order in place so all that is allowed to be known is he's recovering and alive. I've read he was discharged from Rady's but I have no confirmation and family is not allowed to say.

ETA: trial is still moving forward has not begun yet there's a group on FB Justice for Feno his maternal Grandma post on Also has all court dates. I believe there's a hearing soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Reactions: byo
Just a reminder that court is March 2 at same location. No updates at this time.

For those asking, Feno was released from Radys Children’s in December 2017.

https://www.facebook.com/MurrietaForFeno/
Thanks for sharing that info. That's an awfully long hospital stay for poor lpittle Feno, I hope he is in a wonderful loving home now.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Hopefully, I am doing this right...

A serviceman and his girlfriend who abused the man's young son until the boy was comatose both pleaded guilty Friday, June 15, and were immediately sentenced, the District Attorney's office announced.

The boy's father, Benjamin Matthew Whitten, 34, pleaded guilty to eight counts, including child abuse and assault likely to cause great bodily injury or death and was sentenced to 17 years in prison.

Whitten's live-in-girlfriend, Jeryn Christine Johnson, 26, pleaded guilty to three counts including child abuse and torture that caused the victim to become comatose. She was sentenced to two consecutive life sentences.

The couple both entered pleas during their preliminary hearing at the Southwest Justice Center in French Valley.

Before the couple were sentenced, the boy's grandmother, Leslie Whitten, addressed the court and said the boy has a long road to recovery after the abuse he experienced.

She said the "once bubbly, active little boy," is confined to a wheelchair and is having to relearn such tasks as walking, talking and eating.

He was "a helpless victim against crimes committed on his little self with no way to defend himself," she said.

More at:

Couple in Murrieta abuse case pleads guilty, is immediately sentenced

Hopefully, I am doing this right...

A serviceman and his girlfriend who abused the man's young son until the boy was comatose both pleaded guilty Friday, June 15, and were immediately sentenced, the District Attorney's office announced.

The boy's father, Benjamin Matthew Whitten, 34, pleaded guilty to eight counts, including child abuse and assault likely to cause great bodily injury or death and was sentenced to 17 years in prison.

Whitten's live-in-girlfriend, Jeryn Christine Johnson, 26, pleaded guilty to three counts including child abuse and torture that caused the victim to become comatose. She was sentenced to two consecutive life sentences.

The couple both entered pleas during their preliminary hearing at the Southwest Justice Center in French Valley.

Before the couple were sentenced, the boy's grandmother, Leslie Whitten, addressed the court and said the boy has a long road to recovery after the abuse he experienced.

She said the "once bubbly, active little boy," is confined to a wheelchair and is having to relearn such tasks as walking, talking and eating.

He was "a helpless victim against crimes committed on his little self with no way to defend himself," she said.

More at:

Couple in Murrieta abuse case pleads guilty, is immediately sentenced

Thanks so much for the update. I’m loving the 2 life sentences for the stepmom!

Thanks so much for the update. I’m loving the 2 life sentences for the stepmom!

Yeah, she deserves that but it was stated in the FB group and on the court minutes she was given two consecutive 7 years to life sentences. She has to serve at least 14. Not sure why it isn't listed that way in any of the articles. Not sure if I can attach the court minutes since I only have the pdf.

:mad:
Yeah, she deserves that but it was stated in the FB group and on the court minutes she was given two consecutive 7 years to life sentences. She has to serve at least 14. Not sure why it isn't listed that way in any of the articles. Not sure if I can attach the court minutes since I only have the pdf.

Oh noo that's horrible she needs to never get out of prison for what she did to poor little guy. In a wheelchair:(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill
Back