CA - Mystery surrounds motive for murder of Alameda family

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Knox

Reaction score
ALAMEDA, Calif. (KRON) — Shane Killian looks like a typical proud father on social media. In his current Facebook profile photo, he smiles and holds up his adorable baby for a selfie.

In September of 2023, Killian and his wife celebrated their fourth wedding anniversary. He wrote on Facebook, “Happy anniversary my love. It was by the grace of God that I found you, by His grace that we have two beautiful children, and I hope by His grace that I will share this life for many more years to come.”

The 54-year-old father also shared photos publicly of his 6-year-old son, William, learning Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Alameda and playing little league baseball.

On Thursday, a baseball and baseball bat were included alongside stuffed animals and flowers outside of the family’s house on Kitty Hawk Road. Handwriting on the baseball from the boy’s coach said, “To William. Game ball.” The Kitty Hawk Road house became a quadruple homicide scene Wednesday night, according to police.

Police said Killian murdered his 6-year-old son, wife, and both of her parents inside their shared home. The youngest son, who is just 1 year old, is being treated in a hospital with life-threatening injuries. All five of the victims were shot, police said.

Detectives seized multiple firearms from the house and took the father into custody. Police were first alerted to the mass shooting by a neighbor who called 911. Killian’s father-in-law managed to reach the neighbor’s house while he was gravely wounded from gunshot wounds.

Alameda Police Chief Nishant Joshi told reporters that the father-in-law made a dying statement, however, Joshi did not reveal what exactly was said. Neighbors were emotional while speaking to KRON4 about the family — stunned that a father could allegedly gun down his own family.

1720895711967.png

1720895734771.png

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member