CA - Natalie Wood, 43, drowned off California coast, 29 Nov 1981

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
davern wasn't the "mastermind of some dark coverup"... RW was.

he made sure they all told the same story about that night.

he had his lawyers all over davern asap.

he brought davern into his home and his place place of work (to watch over him).

what else can one conclude knowing these facts??!

That's shocking to me because everything Zoe Bogart wrote is exactly what the statements from the night said.

*her interpretation of the "facts" is what i disagree with. again, i'm not going to go through it point by point... it's all been discussed in this thread.

*also the name calling. "lying drunk"? RW told/ordered davern to lie so don't fault davern. he was following orders. he was too young and too scared to not do it imo.

I personally think the real reason DD didn't call the coastguard is because they had drugs on board and in their system. They didn't want to get arrested or have a scandal. I also think if they were drugged all of their mental capaciities were compromised.

*exactly! all accounts say RW didn't want to draw attention to the fact NW was "missing". he said this himself then and in his book and is quoted as saying this in other books.

What I find odd about people defending DD as under RW's powers. Is that they act as if he was cold calm and collected, when according to everyone he was drunk. He was drunk as well. So how is he being the mastermind of some dark cover up.

*they were all drunk. no one said he was "cold, calm, collected". then after NW went "missing", instead of looking for her/trying to save her, RW poured drinks for him and davern. and again, davern did as he was told... by his employer... b/c he was young and scared.

have you read rulli's book?

it might give you some insight into davern's mindset -and the difficulties he's had coping- since NW died. i find it all very believable
:twocents:

davern wasn't the "mastermind behind some dark coverup"... RW was.

he made sure they all told the same story about that night.

he had his lawyers all over davern asap.

he brought davern into his home and his place place of work (to watch over him).

what else can one conclude knowing these facts??!

Thanks--great summary!

OH hey that's cool. I didn't know that if someone else told me to lie, and I lie, that means I'm no longer a liar.

And it's just great the double standards on here. DD was drunk off his butt even though he was captain of a boat. He was giving drugs to his passengers. Nice responsible things like that. But we can't hold him responsible because RW was the "evil mastermind"

Even though everyone on the boat including DD has said that RW was drunk as well.

So here's how logic works I guess

DD is drunk and lies, he's a good guy

RW is drunk and lies he's an evil master mind.

So as long as someone has more money than you, you will never be responsible for your actions. You can blame it on the other guy.

Got it.

Personally, I don't think Davern is saying that what he did was right...he has lived with the pain of having done wrong for 30 + years now. He just wants to finally set the record straight, IMO. It's funny how wealthy people do somehow get their way a lot of the time, and I bet DD beats himself up every day for letting this happen...

if someone says they lied about something and then later comes clean, they are no longer a "liar" in my eyes... unlike RW who has been caught in several lies (read this thread again if you need a refresher course) and who has not come clean about any of them except for the wine bottle incident. why does RW get a pass for lying but not davern?

i never used the word "evil"... don't think anyone else has either.

people accepted those drugs. (didn't you post that it was the culture of the 70s anyway? if that's what friends did back then, what's the big deal?)

RW wasn't too drunk to decide to not look for natalie right away. i would think if anything being drunk would've heightened his panic and he would've immediately called for help if it were a true accident. he also wasn't too drunk to not get the three of them together to get their stories straight right away... so yeah-- the drunk thing doesn't really work for me anymore.

RW is the one who acted suspiciously according to davern/established facts... not the other way around.

logic? LOL ... again, have you read rulli's book? have you even attempted to see where davern is coming from?

columbo-- funny how those "double standards" work eh? giving RW a pass (for lying, for not looking for his wife) yet only blaming davern for those exact same things especially after he's come clean and explained -in detail- his side of it all.

if someone says they lied about something and then later comes clean, they are no longer a "liar" in my eyes... unlike RW who has been caught in several lies (read this thread again if you need a refresher course) and who has not come clean about any of them except for the wine bottle incident. why does RW get a pass for lying but not davern?

i never used the word "evil"... don't think anyone else has either.

people accepted those drugs. (didn't you post that it was the culture of the 70s anyway? if that's what friends did back then, what's the big deal?)

RW wasn't too drunk to decide to not look for natalie right away. i would think if anything being drunk would've heightened his panic and he would've immediately called for help if it were a true accident. he also wasn't too drunk to not get the three of them together to get their stories straight right away... so yeah-- the drunk thing doesn't really work for me anymore.

RW is the one who acted suspiciously according to davern/established facts... not the other way around.

logic? LOL ... again, have you read rulli's book? have you even attempted to see where davern is coming from?

columbo-- funny how those "double standards" work eh? giving RW a pass (for lying, for not looking for his wife) yet only blaming davern for those exact same things especially after he's come clean and explained -in detail- his side of it all.

Really. Funny about those double standards, huh?

I agree, if someone tries to tell the truth, even after so many years, they are not a liar anymore.

Finstad's thoroughly researched book says that according to all witnesses that Saturday night at the restaurant, RW was so drunk he could hardly stand up or walk. Yet he had the presence of mind to get 2 people to corroborate a story--but he didn't have the presence of mind to call for help right away. Actually I think it is just that his ego is so strong, his desire to keep up appearances is so strong, that even being stinking drunk doesn't cancel it out. I also have a feeling that he may have developed an immunity to alcohol somewhat, owing to his habitual high intake of liquor. So he may have appeared to be out of control, yet his mind was still working in its usual way...preserving his image at all costs.

And no, no one here has called RW evil, that I recall.

Coming "clean" after 30 years changes him from a liar to no longer a liar?

How do we know he's being honest now?

I'm sorry, but to me, telling his "truth" after 30 years does not give him a pass or make him believable.

JMO

Kimberlyd125, you might enjoy reading the books--but they don't really solve the mystery, it only deepens. One thing is, they do give you a better and more complete idea of who these people were.

i disagree with almost everything here. with this type of thinking poor natalie will never truly rest in peace imo.

That is your right. No argument from me. It's not my fault those people that night weren't honest from the get-go.

Coming "clean" after 30 years changes him from a liar to no longer a liar?

How do we know he's being honest now?

I'm sorry, but to me, telling his "truth" after 30 years does not give him a pass or make him believable.

JMO

I'm having a bit of trouble with that, too. How do we know he's being honest now? I keep remembering the story about the boy who cried "Wolf!" Nearly 30 years' worth of lies has the same effect.

Unbelievable how a man RW's age back then (50+) was so irresponsible on the water with all the drinking and drugs. Do Hollywood-types never grow up?

No no no, logic not allowed. We know he's telling the truth because RW is the mastermind. So obviously DD must be the bumbling side kick with the heart of gold. Didn't you guys ever see Superman? Don't you remember Lex Luther and Ned Beatty's character.

So I found this today. Thought of this thread. Lana Wood sounds like a miserable person. I guess when the effort to drum up attention by revisiting Natalie's death didn't pan out, she stooped to selling stories about how she slept with Sean Connery and carried on a relationship with a married man for 4 years. He's still with his wife. So she's been divorced 5 times. She sounds very jealous of Natalie, you can see in the interview in her own words, a sense of self pity. Even years after her death, she's acting as if Natalie has it better. I'd think a normal sister would sing the praises and tell how much she missed and loved her sister. Not complain about not being mom's favorite. I mean grow up already.

I've always suspected that this whole thing was about money and attention for LANA WOOD and it sure seems that way the more I read about her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ted-Hollywood-fall-feet-husbands-regrets.html

superman? LWs sex life? yes-- both absolutely integral to the death of NW lol

:truce:
No no no, logic not allowed. We know he's telling the truth because RW is the mastermind. So obviously DD must be the bumbling side kick with the heart of gold. Didn't you guys ever see Superman? Don't you remember Lex Luther and Ned Beatty's character.

So I found this today. Thought of this thread. Lana Wood sounds like a miserable person. I guess when the effort to drum up attention by revisiting Natalie's death didn't pan out, she stooped to selling stories about how she slept with Sean Connery and carried on a relationship with a married man for 4 years. He's still with his wife. So she's been divorced 5 times. She sounds very jealous of Natalie, you can see in the interview in her own words, a sense of self pity. Even years after her death, she's acting as if Natalie has it better. I'd think a normal sister would sing the praises and tell how much she missed and loved her sister. Not complain about not being mom's favorite. I mean grow up already.

I've always suspected that this whole thing was about money and attention for LANA WOOD and it sure seems that way the more I read about her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ted-Hollywood-fall-feet-husbands-regrets.html

bolded by me.

In Lana's book Natalie, and indeed, in the Daily Mail article which you link, Lana says over and over again that she loved and adored Natalie. At one time they were estranged, because Natalie was going through some issues, and Lana felt very alone. She missed her sister intensely, because they always had done things together and were best friends. I don't interpret her saying she wasn't her mom's favorite as being whining or childish. It (the family dynamic) was what it was. Natalie was her mother's favorite; if Lana wanted ballet lessons she couldn't have them because they had to use the money to forward Natalie's career. Things like that. But again, I don't see Lana whimpering, she's just telling it like it is. Life isn't that simple; relationships are very complex. She could love her sister and understand at the same time that she was second violin in her mother's eyes. JMO

She does seem to have had a troubled life but like Columbo said she still admired and loved her sister . Can't see she would gain anything from this reinvestigation she knows the force behind the industry and how it would make it difficult for her and those trying to get to the bottom of this. She has to be admired for standing up for a reinvestigation . I can't see how some think on here she would benefit.

columbo-- you know how in "natasha" it was stated over and over and over how afraid NW was to be alone and she never was... how she tried to never have to go to sleep alone... then later on she tried to assert her independence by sleeping alone then flying alone for the first time... i haven't finished the book (only about 1/2 way through)... but did she continue this "aloneness" or did she revert back to her old ways/fears?

the reason i ask is b/c if she reverted back and was never able to be alone, that would be one more reason she'd never ever attempt to board the dinghy... at night... in the dark... on water... in the rain... by herself.

just something i thought of the other night... !!!

(not that i believe this version of events... you know what i believe... just thought this might allow others to see how RWs "story" does. not. compute.)

columbo-- you know how in "natasha" it was stated over and over and over how afraid NW was to be alone and she never was... how she tried to never have to go to sleep alone... then later on she tried to assert her independence by sleeping alone then flying alone for the first time... i haven't finished the book (only about 1/2 way through)... but did she continue this "aloneness" or did she revert back to her old ways/fears?

the reason i ask is b/c if she reverted back and was never able to be alone, that would be one more reason she'd never ever attempt to board the dinghy... at night... in the dark... on water... in the rain... by herself.

just something i thought of the other night... !!!

(not that i believe this version of events... you know what i believe... just thought this might allow others to see how RWs "story" does. not. compute.)

bolded by me.

Good thought! Yes--remember how she couldn't spend the night alone at the hotel on Catalina so she had DD spend the night in her room with her? So she still was very afraid of being alone.

Death Certificate Changed to "Undetermined"

Natalie Wood's death certificate has been changed from "Accident" to "Undetermined" ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... the L.A. County Coroner filed documents making the change late last month.

Members of Wood's family tell TMZ ... detectives from the L.A. County Sheriff's Department -- which has reopened the death investigation -- paid them a visit earlier today informing them of the change. They tell us ... detectives told them the change was made in part because some of the bruises on Wood's body were inconsistent with death by drowning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18
Back