Found Deceased CA - Naya Rivera, "Glee Actress", missing from boat with son, 4, (fnd alive), Lake Piru, 9 July 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I also find it strange for the life jacket to be left on the boat, which gives me the impression that she could swim, and the only other way is she either hit her head or got into some trouble in the water. I really hope she's found soon. This is so heartbreaking

Oh this is tragic. That poor boy and their family. They should check the dock cameras (assuming there is some) and any surveillance videos neighbors living on the lake might have. We rented a pontoon upstate NY towards Canada and when docking it, I had a genius idea to straddle the boat and the dock in an attempt to bring the boat closer to tie. Well, that worked out- not at all and plop in I went in an instant. Stuck between the front of the boat and the dock in the absolutely freezing water. My 10 year old step son held out his hand immediately and I felt my body sinking. I’m a good swimmer too. It took him and my husband to yank me aboard. I was in the water less than 30 seconds and I couldn’t move- it was like a panic set in and I wanted to get out but if no one was there I easily would have drowned. Easily. I hope they find her soon.

EcfDutNVcAYHa6-

Naya Rivera Missing After 4-Year-Old Son Found Alone in a Boat on California Lake
A search-and-rescue operation was undertaken at the lake, but she was not found, according to Fillmore Police Department. Authorities suspended the search for the night, but plan to resume on Thursday.

"The missing person at Lake Puru has been identified as Naya Rivera, 33, of Los Angeles," the Ventura County Sheriff's Department tweeted at 10:39 pm PST. "SAR operation will continue at first light."

Actress Naya Rivera, known for 'Glee,' a possible drowning victim after going boating on Southern Calif. lake
She rented a boat at the lake with her 4-year-old son Wednesday afternoon, authorities say. About three hours later another boater spotted a boat on the lake drifting with a young child asleep on board. The boater contacted rangers who began a search for the child's parent using an aerial survey and a dive team.

After several hours, authorities suspended the search for the night and plan to resume on Thursday.

Naya Rivera’s Ex-Husband, Ryan Dorsey: 5 Fast Facts to Know | Heavy.com

Robert Kovacik, a reporter for NBC LA, reported on July 7: “#BREAKING: @Actress @NayaRivera is presumed dead, per @VENTURASHERIFF. The actress/singer and her four year old son were on a rented pontoon boat on #LakePiru and were swimming. The son got back on the boat, his mom did not. He was wearing a life-vest, she was not.”

Last edited:
Jon Baird
@KNXBaird

46m

Rescue crews will be out on #LakePiru early today trying to find actress #NayaRivera who starred in “Glee”. She went missing after she went swimming from a boat with her young son. He was found safe, wearing a life jacket, sleeping in the boat.
@KNX1070

Anne Makovec
@AnneKPIX

49m

It's not looking good, but hoping the Glee actress will be found safe. She disappeared after going boating with her 4 year old son. #nayarivera

I also find it strange for the life jacket to be left on the boat, which gives me the impression that she could swim, and the only other way is she either hit her head or got into some trouble in the water. I really hope she's found soon. This is so heartbreaking
Yes, this was my thought as well - I'm a strong swimmer but I don't like wearing a vest when I'm in lake water - perhaps she was swimming around and an underwater current pulled her under? I think all the reports say it was just the two of them but am curious if there were any other boaters around?

I swim extreme distance, in fact I was supposed to swim across Lake Tahoe this year, but I postponed till next due to Covid. However I would have had a full boat accompany me. People constantly underestimate the power of water, currents etc. My friend lost her fiance in the ocean due to just that reason. It only takes a few minutes. We actually had paddleboarders rescue a guy in the res here the other day...he just got lucky they were near.
I'm sure she could swim, but that doesn't mean you aren't risking drowning at any time as well.

She unfortunately made the same mistake of underestimating the power of water and currrents. RIP Naya. I feel so badly for her son, I'm glad he made it back to the boat...but that's got to be very traumatic for him.

I swim extreme distance, in fact I was supposed to swim across Lake Tahoe this year, but I postponed till next due to Covid. However I would have had a full boat accompany me. People constantly underestimate the power of water, currents etc. My friend lost her fiance in the ocean due to just that reason. It only takes a few minutes. We actually had paddleboarders rescue a guy in the res here the other day...he just got lucky they were near.
I'm sure she could swim, but that doesn't mean you aren't risking drowning at any time as well.

She unfortunately made the same mistake of underestimating the power of water and currrents. RIP Naya. I feel so badly for her son, I'm glad he made it back to the boat...but that's got to be very traumatic for him.

isn’t it possible that she used the last reserves of her strength to dump him back on the boat? That’s one theory I’ve been seeing... partly because I’m thinking it’s odd that he just went to sleep instead of crying and yelling fit to upend the boat. Grateful he did; but also surprised. Maybe she told him to lay down and wait for someone to find him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13
Back