Found Deceased CA - Naya Rivera, "Glee Actress", missing from boat with son, 4, (fnd alive), Lake Piru, 9 July 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It is strange that the little boy was able to swim(?) and get back into the boat. I am guessing the circumstances will become clearer in time. That is going to be one traumatised little boy :(

I’m honestly hoping that because of his age that he really didn’t understand what was going on or what happened. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
It is strange that the little boy was able to swim(?) and get back into the boat. I am guessing the circumstances will become clearer in time. That is going to be one traumatised little boy :(
Do we know if the boy was ever in the water? It appears she "jumped" into the water while the child was still on the boat. I'm so glad he didn't go into the water and stayed on the boat.

Oh this is tragic. That poor boy and their family. They should check the dock cameras (assuming there is some) and any surveillance videos neighbors living on the lake might have. We rented a pontoon upstate NY towards Canada and when docking it, I had a genius idea to straddle the boat and the dock in an attempt to bring the boat closer to tie. Well, that worked out- not at all and plop in I went in an instant. Stuck between the front of the boat and the dock in the absolutely freezing water. My 10 year old step son held out his hand immediately and I felt my body sinking. I’m a good swimmer too. It took him and my husband to yank me aboard. I was in the water less than 30 seconds and I couldn’t move- it was like a panic set in and I wanted to get out but if no one was there I easily would have drowned. Easily. I hope they find her soon.

i had a similar experience when we rented a pontoon, on lake don pedro in cali. im an ok swimmer too. i jumped out to swim and felt myself sink. my husband pulled me back up. i wonder if there is anything to that?

RSBM

We don't know that he did not cry, maybe he was crying for an hour and fell asleep out of pure exhaustion from crying and possibly missing nap time. :(

possible: but he still kept something of a lid on it because as I mentioned, he stayed on the boat. If he had been standing, having a (justified) tantrum, etc., it could have been a different story and the boat dumped him in the lake.

The temp of the water could have played a part as well. There was a case here a couple years back when 2 people in a boat fell into a reservoir (in Utah I believe) and bodies were later recovered, not wearing life vests. Their dog was found on land safe, wearing a life vest. Speculation was they succumbed to cold water shock response.

Perhaps the same happened to Ms. River.

National Center for Cold Water Safety - What is Cold Water?

I am confused by how the boy was supposedly swimming with his mom, and then he got back into the boat yet she did not, and he did not totally freak out and cause a commotion loud enough to be heard on the shore, or at least by other boaters.
isn’t it possible that she used the last reserves of her strength to dump him back on the boat? That’s one theory I’ve been seeing... partly because I’m thinking it’s odd that he just went to sleep instead of crying and yelling fit to upend the boat. Grateful he did; but also surprised. Maybe she told him to lay down and wait for someone to find him.

I am confused by how the boy was supposedly swimming with his mom, and then he got back into the boat yet she did not, and he did not totally freak out and cause a commotion loud enough to be heard on the shore, or at least by other boaters.

maybe ‘go swimming with’ is 4-year-old elocution, even if he didn’t make it into the water? Describing the purpose but not the actions taken?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13
Back