Found Deceased CA - Naya Rivera, "Glee Actress", missing from boat with son, 4, (fnd alive), Lake Piru, 9 July 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
wow.

Naya Rivera hinted at Eminem song about mother sinking in lake | Daily Mail Online

Naya Rivera's last Instagram post was a tragic foreshadowing of her presumed death, as the Glee star's caption made an eerie reference to an Eminem lyric from a song about a child who watched their mother sink to the bottom of a lake.

The actress is feared dead after renting a pontoon boat on Wednesday afternoon with her four-year-old son Josey on Lake Piru, which is 60 miles from Rivera's LA home.

The little boy was was found alone on the boat and told officials that his 33-year-old mother had jumped into the water and never came back up.

On Tuesday, Rivera posted a photo of herself and Josey with the caption: 'Just the two of us'.

Fans have pointed out the haunting similarity between her caption and the lyrics to Eminem's song 97' Bonnie & Clyde, where he raps about a child watching their mother sink to the bottom of a lake, following a custody battle with her former partner.

wow.

Naya Rivera hinted at Eminem song about mother sinking in lake | Daily Mail Online

Naya Rivera's last Instagram post was a tragic foreshadowing of her presumed death, as the Glee star's caption made an eerie reference to an Eminem lyric from a song about a child who watched their mother sink to the bottom of a lake.

The actress is feared dead after renting a pontoon boat on Wednesday afternoon with her four-year-old son Josey on Lake Piru, which is 60 miles from Rivera's LA home.

The little boy was was found alone on the boat and told officials that his 33-year-old mother had jumped into the water and never came back up.

On Tuesday, Rivera posted a photo of herself and Josey with the caption: 'Just the two of us'.

Fans have pointed out the haunting similarity between her caption and the lyrics to Eminem's song 97' Bonnie & Clyde, where he raps about a child watching their mother sink to the bottom of a lake, following a custody battle with her former partner.
This genuinely gave me chills.

Funny, when i read the post i had the song "Just the 2 of us' by Bill Withers, also done by Will Smith. She seemed to have a good relationship with son and decent breakup with ex. Her life seemed to be doing well, with working etc.
I can't see her leaving her son on the boat to commit suicide. I'm thinking accidental.

Multiple teams of professional search & rescue personnel are actively searching Lake Piru for clues to the location of Naya Rivera. With over 80 people involved in the search right now, we are using helicopters, boats, ATV vehicles, and ground personnel to try and locate her.

From Ventura county Sheriff Twitter
<modsnipped to add link>
https://twitter.com/venturasheriff/status/1281278816317509632?s=21

Last edited by a moderator:
Elizabeth Wagmeister @EWagmeister

The @VENTURASHERIFF is providing updates on the continued search for #NayaRivera. This is an incredibly sad developing story. Sending up prayers for Naya & her loved ones...and hoping for a miracle. ❤️

I came across an article from the LA Times earlier, it's from 2000 but back then 7 people had already drowned in Lake Piru. A 27 year old man died in 1994, whilst wearing his life jacket. It gives a better idea of the conditions there, such a high winds and deep columns of chilly water:

Lake Piru's Tragic Toll

I'm guessing her son had a life jacket on considering he is 4. She might not have thought she needed one. Usually when you think of a lake it seems safe compare to a river or ocean. Are the drownings something you would be warned about when you rent a boat?

wow.

Along with the Eminem song, this is starting to sound alot like the demise of Virginia Woolf.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I honestly think there is a strong possibility that Naya fell in and hit her head on the way down. Either that or she simply fell in and couldn’t get back up to the surface. Naya loved Josey with all her heart. I didn’t know her personally but I know he was her world. You could tell by pictures. One of her friends even commented saying there is no way she’d leave him alone. If Naya fell off the boat then to Josey it could looked like she had just jumped in.

Funny, when i read the post i had the song "Just the 2 of us' by Bill Withers, also done by Will Smith.
Me too. Nothing sinister to me.

I can't see her leaving her son on the boat to commit suicide. I'm thinking accidental.
If there are signs for suicide, if, we may have to consider the fact she was in such a bad place she may have wanted to take her son she loved so much with her as she did not want to break his heart by leaving him, only to change her mind at the last minute. We can't expect rational behaviour from a suicidal person. They are not going to a rational experience.
Hopefully her family will have closure soon, one way or another. My heart hurts for them :(

I am confused by how the boy was supposedly swimming with his mom, and then he got back into the boat yet she did not, and he did not totally freak out and cause a commotion loud enough to be heard on the shore, or at least by other boaters.

we were just boating on lake tahoe and our kids were on jetskis they raced off and we called them and they couldnt hear us. she may have been out pretty far.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13
Back