CA - Nikki Catsouras, death photos leaked

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't want to see the pictures, but I think it's silly how the article links to the non-gory ones, saying "We will not link to the gory pictures here." Then in the next paragraphs it says, "If you really want to see the gory pictures, go here," and then provides a link.

The article said they don't "hot" link the photos, which means they won't post a link directly to the photos themselves. Instead, they link to a website that links to the photos.

So right, 2sis. People will find any way possible to distance themselves from horror and say "this could never happen to me/my loved ones". I also find it strange how when something terrible happens, people want to be able to blame something. It's unfathomable that bad things could happen to good people. How many times have we heard in rape cases, "She must have asked for it"?

Ummm...this sounds horrible and what a horrible thing...but who was Nikki Catsouras?

Not a celeb, englishleigh. An 18 year old girl from OC. I remember when she first died it really hit me, as another Greek girl not too much older and not too far away. At the time I was commuting pretty frequently to the area and often passed by where she died.

Ummm...this sounds horrible and what a horrible thing...but who was Nikki Catsouras?

She was a young girl who died in a car crash in CA in 2006.
Her death-scene pictures were then leaked all over the internet and sent to her parents and siblings. Very graphic ones. They also taunted the parents by sending texts saying *HI DAD, I am not dead* or *Thanks for the car keys*

I'm not going to go see the graphic photos, because I know I can't "unsee" them if I do. But I read the article and saw the pictures of the car. I don't understand why people would send these photos to her family, am I missing something? That just seems like a depraved and cruel thing to do.

I should also say I'm appalled at the nature of people that would torture her family and friends with these pictures. There should be a law about this--cyber terrorism. They are just sick. I hope karma gets them ALL.

OK, I live local to this and this has been going on for a while.

I think it's horrible that her parents have had to look at these photos. Now, the reason so many people seem to be blaming her parents is because of where this girl is from. Let me make it clear that I do not blame her parents. I'm just letting you guys know where it's coming from. Anyway, a lot of these over-privileged kids are driving around in cars that are super powered (Porsches, BMW M3's, Mercedes, etc.) and are causing accidents where they are not the only one's that are killed. They are killing their passengers, other drivers and people on bikes.

Again, I don't blame the parents and no matter what, they should not have to see this. I just wanted to let you guys know what people around here have been talking about.

This isn't a lot different than many families go through in our digital age. Just look at all the photos from various crimes we have discussed. Jon Benet and her autopsy photos. All the web sites about her. I cringe, she was an innocent little child. Cases from way long ago, Sharon Tate and the Manson scenes, etc., etc., those pics are all over the place. Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman too, their families have suffered so with the pics and descriptions on the net. The context these photos of this girl were being posted is the horribleness in this situation. And whom can make those awful comments about her and the parents. Awful.

She was absolutetly beautiful! I looked at the pictures, and I was shocked to the core. I will be driving slower after that.

This isn't a lot different than many families go through in our digital age. Just look at all the photos from various crimes we have discussed. Jon Benet and her autopsy photos. All the web sites about her. I cringe, she was an innocent little child. Cases from way long ago, Sharon Tate and the Manson scenes, etc., etc., those pics are all over the place. Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman too, their families have suffered so with the pics and descriptions on the net. The context these photos of this girl were being posted is the horribleness in this situation. And whom can make those awful comments about her and the parents. Awful.

Apparently those blessed folks who have never made a single mistake in their lives, CD!

It really bothers me that some people seem to blame her family. You can go 100 mph in a Honda, too! Why is the fact that she was in a Porsche so significant?

It was that the Dad had one I guess. I think the vitrol is more directed at him and his wealth. I also think it was significant because she had never driven a Porshe before and had no idea of the POWER when you touch the pedal. It's not just any ole car.

I cant believe somebody would be such a piece of scum to send these pictures to the parents and send messages with them!

It was that the Dad had one I guess. I think the vitrol is more directed at him and his wealth. I also think it was significant because she had never driven a Porshe before and had no idea of the POWER when you touch the pedal. It's not just any ole car.

...just like the gal that wrecked her Dad's Mercedes. We had a thread here about that one and we went 'round and 'round about it.

This is local story for me and has been a pretty well reported story. Just horrible. there was another story where the CHP used accident photos in a driving class and a family member found themselves staring at their dead loved one.

Thanks, guys, for explaining who Nikki was. What a beautiful girl. I won't look at the awful pics, I would rather remember her as she was in that pretty photo. How awful for her parents and family!! :banghead: Bad enough that they lost her in such an awful way, but to have to view the death pics and endure the taunting is just too much.

OK, I live local to this and this has been going on for a while.

I think it's horrible that her parents have had to look at these photos. Now, the reason so many people seem to be blaming her parents is because of where this girl is from. Let me make it clear that I do not blame her parents. I'm just letting you guys know where it's coming from. Anyway, a lot of these over-privileged kids are driving around in cars that are super powered (Porsches, BMW M3's, Mercedes, etc.) and are causing accidents where they are not the only one's that are killed. They are killing their passengers, other drivers and people on bikes.

Again, I don't blame the parents and no matter what, they should not have to see this. I just wanted to let you guys know what people around here have been talking about.
Kris another boy was killed over off Camino Del Avion a few years back. he had those turbo super duper chargers thingies installed in his car. What other reason except to go fast did he have them? A gift from his parents.
My sons best friend was offered a ride by the boy who was killed right before he left Ocean Ranch and he turned it down PTL.

There have been so many deaths of young people, friends of my kids in the last few years it is just heart wrenching.

Kris another boy was killed over off Camino Del Avion a few years back. he had those turbo super duper chargers thingies installed in his car. What other reason except to go fast did he have them? A gift from his parents.
My sons best friend was offered a ride by the boy who was killed right before he left Ocean Ranch and he turned it down PTL.

There have been so many deaths of young people, friends of my kids in the last few years it is just heart wrenching.

That is so scary. I live right off of Camino Del Avion. I hear the cars tearing up and down that road at night. Was the accident between Golden Lantern and Niguel? I see a wreath there sometimes. It's so sad. Remember the kids that were killed in the M3 last year, I think on LaPaz? These cars are loaded weapons in the hands of an inexperienced teen.

I'm so glad your sons BF declined the ride. What a lucky boy.

That is so scary. I live right off of Camino Del Avion. I hear the cars tearing up and down that road at night. Was the accident between Golden Lantern and Niguel? I see a wreath there sometimes. It's so sad. Remember the kids that were killed in the M3 last year, I think on LaPaz? These cars are loaded weapons in the hands of an inexperienced teen.

I'm so glad your sons BF declined the ride. What a lucky boy.
Yes the accident was between GL and Niguel.
The one on Crown Valley and the one on La Paz were both friends of my sons. The one in the BMW on La Paz was the son of Moe that owns Kokomos pizza in DP if you have been there. the corner of STonehill and Del Obispo.ETA: Moe bought him that car because he thought it was the safest car he could put his son in. He adored him.

Then there was the 14 yo girl that snuck out with an older guy and was killed at the corner of Niguel and Marina HIlls. SO young.
The other hot spot is on Crown Valley before Pacific Coast Higway.
It is an epidemic around here IMO.

ETA: One of my sons was away at sea for school and I had to get word to him about his good friend, the one on Crown Valley. bleck

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back