CA CA - Orange Co., HispFem Skel UP12250, 30-60, 'Coach Williams' on jacket, Jan'14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'd like to suggest Renee Lamanna. The timeline is a bit drawn out (Renee last seen in 1994), but recons resemble her. She's at upper end of the uid's age range, but still within it. She has a history of living abroad - could account for the foreign dental work...

She's well profiled in Namus; should be an easy rule out process...
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/1232/0/

Charley Project for Renee http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lamanna_renee.html

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Link includes very good pics of the mp!
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/1232/0/
At the time of her disappearance, Ms. LaManna was a resident of the Fresh Meadows section of Queens, New York studying nuclear medicine technology. Ms. LaManna was diagnosed with anxiety disorder which caused her to suffer panic attacks and which sometimes left her agitated and paranoid.

LaManna was last seen at approximately 7:00pm at 2517 Wesley Avenue in Ocean City, the residence of her sister. Earlier on the day of her disappearance, Ms. LaManna was released from a New York hospital where she was being treated for a mental health disorder. Immediately prior to her disappearance, Ms. LaManna and her sister had dinner at her sister's Wesley Avenue home. Following dinner, Ms. LaManna abruptly left the home dressed only in pajama pants, a sweatshirt, bathrobe and socks. The bathrobe was later discovered by police a short distance from her sister's home. A subsequent search by the Ocean City Police, the United States Coast Guard and the Cape May County Sheriffs K-9 Unit failed to locate Ms. LaManna. No sightings of Ms. LaManna have been confirmed by authorities since leaving her sister's home
attachment.php

Renee Lamanna

Attachments

• img_1615.jpeg
    img_1615.jpeg
    24.3 KB · Views: 237
I wouldn't necessarily expect her to be wearing underwear under yoga pants. I usually don't if I'm going to be exercising.

I have followed this Jane Doe for a while now. I sent in one suggestion to OC Coroners office, and my suggestion was added to the exclusions list rather quickly.

For some time now, I have started to believe that this Jane Doe could possibly be a woman named Tiamanja Palazzo. Tiamanja was reported missing out of Santa Rosa (up in the Bay Area) on July 1st of 2010.

There's a number of reasons why I think it could be her - including some things i've found posted on the internet about a man who I believe was her ex-husband. I won't post the information about the ex-husband here (you can find this anecdotal evidence if you search long enough) but there are some other things about Tiamanja Palazzo that leads me to think it might be her.

Tiamanja Palazzo is (I believe) a Brazilian name, and I believe that Tiamanja Palazzo was from Brazil. From a conversation I had, I believe that the dental work for this Jane Doe indicates that the dental work might have been done in Central or South America.

I spent a lot of time thinking about the "Coach Williams" jacket - working with the assumption that it was a thrift store purchase. I tried to look through California at anyone named "Coach Williams".

One of the few that I found was a coach Nancy Williams of Analy High School in Sebastopol, California. What's interesting about this is that one of the only coaches of either volleyball or water polo that I could find in all of California was a coach up in Sonoma County. That's the same county where Tiamanja Palazzo went missing from.

Here's a Coach Nancy Williams from Analy High School: http://www.pdpreps.com/news/article/17151/volleyball-analys-williams-taking-break-from-coaching/

Here's the Analy High School page for her: http://www.analyhighschool.org/staff/nancy-williams/

Now, it is a total stretch to get excited over the jacket of a Jane Doe, and a single coach named Williams in the entire state of California, but there was a connection.

Like I said, i've researched Tiamanja Palazzo a little bit, and there's some evidence she just completely dropped of the grid in 2010. There's some stuff about her ex-husband floating around, there's a link between the dental work and it being of a possible Brazilian origin. Palazzo isn't listed in NAMUS, so I am guessing there's no DNA sample submitted to CODIS.

Regardless, i've sent in my suspicion. On another occasion with this Jane Doe, OC officials were quick to respond. This time, there was some definite silence. I am curious to know if anyone else has come across Tiamanja Palazzo here on Webseluths. I've spotted her mentioned on one other thread.

View attachment 94764

Did you ever hear back on this submission? I'm happy to submit again if not, this seems like a really good match.

From Bill_Rogers'99 post, comparison between uid female and Tiamanja Palazzo.
attachment.php

Gosh it's really striking isn't it. She's not listed on rule outs for our JD so I think it's worth another try in case they never looked at the match properly? I am ok to submit this if no one else wants to. It should be an easy one for them to check up on given the dental work on JD.

I have followed this Jane Doe for a while now. I sent in one suggestion to OC Coroners office, and my suggestion was added to the exclusions list rather quickly.

For some time now, I have started to believe that this Jane Doe could possibly be a woman named Tiamanja Palazzo. Tiamanja was reported missing out of Santa Rosa (up in the Bay Area) on July 1st of 2010.

There's a number of reasons why I think it could be her - including some things i've found posted on the internet about a man who I believe was her ex-husband. I won't post the information about the ex-husband here (you can find this anecdotal evidence if you search long enough) but there are some other things about Tiamanja Palazzo that leads me to think it might be her.

Tiamanja Palazzo is (I believe) a Brazilian name, and I believe that Tiamanja Palazzo was from Brazil. From a conversation I had, I believe that the dental work for this Jane Doe indicates that the dental work might have been done in Central or South America.

I spent a lot of time thinking about the "Coach Williams" jacket - working with the assumption that it was a thrift store purchase. I tried to look through California at anyone named "Coach Williams".

One of the few that I found was a coach Nancy Williams of Analy High School in Sebastopol, California. What's interesting about this is that one of the only coaches of either volleyball or water polo that I could find in all of California was a coach up in Sonoma County. That's the same county where Tiamanja Palazzo went missing from.

Here's a Coach Nancy Williams from Analy High School: http://www.pdpreps.com/news/article/17151/volleyball-analys-williams-taking-break-from-coaching/

Here's the Analy High School page for her: http://www.analyhighschool.org/staff/nancy-williams/

Now, it is a total stretch to get excited over the jacket of a Jane Doe, and a single coach named Williams in the entire state of California, but there was a connection.

Like I said, i've researched Tiamanja Palazzo a little bit, and there's some evidence she just completely dropped of the grid in 2010. There's some stuff about her ex-husband floating around, there's a link between the dental work and it being of a possible Brazilian origin. Palazzo isn't listed in NAMUS, so I am guessing there's no DNA sample submitted to CODIS.

Regardless, i've sent in my suspicion. On another occasion with this Jane Doe, OC officials were quick to respond. This time, there was some definite silence. I am curious to know if anyone else has come across Tiamanja Palazzo here on Webseluths. I've spotted her mentioned on one other thread.

View attachment 94764

Interestingly, I have had a similar experience with submitting Tiamanja as a possible match for this JD. I submitted four matches across four different cases within the space of a couple of days - this was a week or so ago. I had almost immediate responses on 3/4 matches from the Namus contacts saying that they would look into my match.

On the 4th - Tiamanja and this JD - I have had zero response (not even an email to say they received my email). I submitted to Dustin Driscoll at Namus, the email address for the OC sheriff and the email address for the Santa Rosa PD.

I came across a missing persons case from 2008. Regina Marie Garcia, went missing in Sacramento CA. The resemblance is quite striking. She also fits the profile, in the 30-60 age range, nose looks slightly crooked like it may have been broken, petite, shoulder length brown hair, looks like highlights in the photos, she is also not listed on the list of 78 excluded women. Any thoughts?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/garcia_regina.html

"The above photographs are of clothing recovered with the remains and consisted of the following:1. A size small, dark colored windbreaker type of jacket with snaps, manufactured by AuburnSportswear. The front right side of the jacket has the embroidered words “Coach Williams” onit and the front left side of the jacket has a logo depicting a volley ball or a water polo ball." and "What's interesting about this is that one of the only coaches of either volleyball or water polo that I could find in all of California was a coach up in Sonoma County. That's the same county where Tiamanja Palazzo went missing from." I'd say it's her - you should call to submit this, and call NAMUS as well.

Did you ever hear back on this submission? I'm happy to submit again if not, this seems like a really good match.

"The above photographs are of clothing recovered with the remains and consisted of the following:1. A size small, dark colored windbreaker type of jacket with snaps, manufactured by AuburnSportswear. The front right side of the jacket has the embroidered words “Coach Williams” onit and the front left side of the jacket has a logo depicting a volley ball or a water polo ball." and "What's interesting about this is that one of the only coaches of either volleyball or water polo that I could find in all of California was a coach up in Sonoma County. That's the same county where Tiamanja Palazzo went missing from." I'd say it's her - you should call to submit this, and call NAMUS as well.

I submitted this one to Namus a while back but had zero response. I have since learned that unless both subjects are in Namus they maybe don't act on the submission? Tiamanja is not in Namus so far as I can see so maybe they didn't do anything with the tip. I'm not in the US so can't make a phone call but I'd really encourage someone else to phone this in - I totally think it's a very high possible.

I came across a missing persons case from 2008. Regina Marie Garcia, went missing in Sacramento CA. The resemblance is quite striking. She also fits the profile, in the 30-60 age range, nose looks slightly crooked like it may have been broken, petite, shoulder length brown hair, looks like highlights in the photos, she is also not listed on the list of 78 excluded women. Any thoughts?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/garcia_regina.html

Oh gosh, yes that resemblance is incredible. It sounds as though Regina met with foul play in Sacramento and I also see that both she and the UID have completed DNA tests in Namus so I believe they would have already been hit on as a match.

PS - 10/10 for your username, lol.

There's no DNA on Tiamanja...

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/33736/0/

Oh gosh, yes that resemblance is incredible. It sounds as though Regina met with foul play in Sacramento and I also see that both she and the UID have completed DNA tests in Namus so I believe they would have already been hit on as a match.

PS - 10/10 for your username, lol.

There was a Coach Williams who coached a winning Water Polo team at USC (USC is in LA, not far from where the UID was found): [h=1]USC Water Polo Coach Steps Down After 26 Years[/h]
June 24, 1999|SCOTT MOE
After his program won two national championships in the last six months, USC water polo Coach John Williams has decided to go out on top, retiring after 26 years as coach.

Williams, who in 1981 had to raise $100,000 on his own to save water polo at USC, led the men to their first national championship in December after six second-place finishes. In May, the women's program, which Williams began and Jovan Vavic coaches, won its first national championship.
Vavic, who has been co-head coach of the men's team with Williams since 1995, will take over the program solo, and stay with the women.
Along with the national championship, Williams, 51, compiled a 449-253-7 career record, had 87 All-Americans and was named national coach of the year with Vavic in 1998.
Said Williams: "My biggest legacy is that there's still water polo at USC."

Martha looks like a good possibility.

Her missing page on FB is through an organization called Human Trafficing Survivors: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.704337112912431.1073741841.181899228489558&type=3

Four women missing from that area since August: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/women-593433-missing-vargas.html

This article indicates one woman was found alive (volutarily missing) but still no word on the others as of Dec. 18: http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/orange_county&id=9365292

February article indicating all three women are still missing and SAPD is taking it seriously: http://newsantaana.com/2014/02/21/t...ing-info-on-three-missing-women-in-santa-ana/

A man who identifies himself as her boyfriend commented on this item on Missing Persons of America: http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2013/11/martha-anaya-missing-from-santa-ana.html

The link of the man claiming to be the boyfriend is gone do you remember what his name was or what he had to say because I stumbled upon a missing woman in Utah Roosevelt named Amy Westreicher she fits the description of the found body. She is also from Hemet California

Edit : Sorry this post is about the body found in Caspers wilderness in San Juan Capistrano 2014

The link of the man claiming to be the boyfriend is gone do you remember what his name was or what he had to say because I stumbled upon a missing woman in Utah Roosevelt named Amy Westreicher she fits the description of the found body. She is also from Hemet California

Edit : Sorry this post is about the body found in Caspers wilderness in San Juan Capistrano 2014
https://bci.utah.gov/2017/08/02/amy-westreicher/
[h=2]AMY WESTREICHER[/h]
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 84
I submitted this one to Namus a while back but had zero response. I have since learned that unless both subjects are in Namus they maybe don't act on the submission? Tiamanja is not in Namus so far as I can see so maybe they didn't do anything with the tip. I'm not in the US so can't make a phone call but I'd really encourage someone else to phone this in - I totally think it's a very high possible.

I was just scanning side by side missing and unidentified and I agree with you, they look VERY similar and in the same location.
I wonder why she has not been rules out since this was submitted 2 years ago

This case enter in Doe Network database now!

1361UFCA
Thanks for the link!
1361UFCA - Unidentified Female
1361UFCA.jpg
1361UFCA1.jpg
1361UFCA3.jpg
1361UFCA4.jpg
1361UFCA5.jpg

Reconstructions of the decedent; images of clothing.

Date of Discovery: January 6, 2014
Location of Discovery: Orange County, California
Estimated Date of Death: 6 months or longer
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton
Cause of Death: Undetermined

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 30-60 years old
Race: Unknown
Sex: Female
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown, but had petite build.
Hair Color: Brown with light-colored highlights. Wavy and shoulder-length.
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: The decedent possibly suffered a broken nose prior to her death.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. Distinctive gold colored dental bridge on her left lower jaw
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: A size small, dark colored windbreaker type of jacket with snaps, manufactured by Auburn Sportswear. The front right side of the jacket has the embroidered words "Coach Williams" on it and the front left side of the jacket has a logo depicting a volley ball or a water polo ball. A pair of dark colored athletic yoga style pants made of spandex/cotton with light colored stripes down the side of both legs and a rear positioned zipper. The inseam measured approximately 29"-30". A pinkish speckled short sleeved or tank top T-shirt with a black line design.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: A bright green hair scrunchie band.

Circumstances of Discovery
Her remains were found in Caspers Wilderness Park (Rural South East area of Orange County).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back