CA - Orion Douglas Memmott and Donna Harris charged in abduction of 5 year old - April 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
4/13/2023 -- BCFAC News -- Suspect Orion "Doug" Memmott is in custody at Colusa County Jail being held without bail on an out-of-state warrant. He was booked at 2:38 AM this morning.

His victim, FH (5) was recovered safely, according to CHP which tweeted the following at 5:15 AM Thursday morning.

This Endangered Missing Advisory has been deactivated. The victim has been safely located.

Details regarding Memmott's arrest were not provided.

Last edited by a moderator:
A 5-year-old girl from North Carolina who was taken by her grandma's ex-husband has been found safe in Colusa County, according to the Williams Police Department (WPD).

On Wednesday night, Memmott was found at a local hotel within the city limits of Williams and was arrested by police.

He was booked into the Colusa County Jail early Thursday morning for an out-of-state warrant, according to the WPD.

Colusa County Child Services is working to get FH back to her family in North Carolina.

Seems like the kind of guy who's lived his whole life believing he has a legitimate right to other people's things including their money but apparently not limited to it - kids too. Getting old enough that he can't keep all his balls in the air. Glad FH was found before he became truly desperate. Put him in a low security prison and let him pass away telling other inmates how the system stole his family and millions of his dollars.

Bumping. Thankfully FH has been located and is safe, according to news reports. Question to mods, will this thread be closed or are we yet to discuss what actions, if any, authorities will be taking against Orion Memmott? There doesn't seem to be any further news forthcoming.

Perhaps it's wishful thinking on my part, but I like to think the girl was a great joy to him and he just wanted to spend a little more time with her before letting go. While there can be no doubt that a crime was committed by taking her without custodial consent and most especially across state lines, he could only have pulled it off if she went with him willingly. Of course, he risked a great deal by doing so.

I'm considering this possibility from my own personal experience. Several years ago I had to bow out gracefully when my ladyfriend opted for a much younger man. Her kids, who were not mine biologically but had known me all of their lives, regarded me very highly. Because of the new boyfriend's "take a hike" attitude there was no room in the friendzone for me. And suddenly kids who screamed my name and ran to me when I came to visit became nothing but memories.

I was a few weeks away from turning 40 and left with a feeling for a while like there was nothing more to look forward to in life where having a family was concerned. From this perspective I'm wondering if Orion Memmott, at age 84, was feeling the same way but went to such an extreme as to take his "granddaughter" with him, if only to spend some time before saying goodbye.

I'm just as much in the dark as everyone else in this matter, so this is strictly speculation on my part. I'm simply glad that FH is safe and back where she belongs.

Perhaps it's wishful thinking on my part, but I like to think the girl was a great joy to him and he just wanted to spend a little more time with her before letting go. While there can be no doubt that a crime was committed by taking her without custodial consent and most especially across state lines, he could only have pulled it off if she went with him willingly. Of course, he risked a great deal by doing so.

I'm considering this possibility from my own personal experience. Several years ago I had to bow out gracefully when my ladyfriend opted for a much younger man. Her kids, who were not mine biologically but had known me all of their lives, regarded me very highly. Because of the new boyfriend's "take a hike" attitude there was no room in the friendzone for me. And suddenly kids who screamed my name and ran to me when I came to visit became nothing but memories.

I was a few weeks away from turning 40 and left with a feeling for a while like there was nothing more to look forward to in life where having a family was concerned. From this perspective I'm wondering if Orion Memmott, at age 84, was feeling the same way but went to such an extreme as to take his "granddaughter" with him, if only to spend some time before saying goodbye.

I'm just as much in the dark as everyone else in this matter, so this is strictly speculation on my part. I'm simply glad that FH is safe and back where she belongs.
I think basically the same thing. The problem with Memmott is a criminal level of entitlement, as evidenced by his previous financial crimes if not yet explicitly reported in this case. He can write to her from prison.

Here's a twist. Memmott took her at grandma's behest.

WILLIAMS, Calif. — A grandmother and her husband have been charged with the abduction of a child after the 5-year-old from North Carolina was found safe in Colusa County on Wednesday night, according to the Lincoln County Sheriff's Office (LCSO) in North Carolina.

The LCSO says Harris' grandmother, Donna Harris, had temporary custody of the 5-year-old while the case was in court. That's when deputies say Donna Harris contacted her ex-husband, Memmott, who was residing in California, to take the girl.

Both Memmott and Donna Harris were charged with abduction of a child. Donna Harris was booked into a jail in North Carolina with $20,000 bail.

Memmott is being held in Colusa County without bail, according to the LCSO.

That certainly is a twist. And I thought it was open and shut with nothing more forthcoming lol...

In a way, it reminds me of another case from many years ago when a toddler disappeared from his grandparents' farm and the grandparents were suspected to have adopted him out to keep their daughter from gaining custody. I like to think he's still out there somewhere, not knowing he's missing...

Eek, I jumped to conclusions based on my cynical nature. Here's my hope - whatever is going on with custody issues, is resolved and she's placed in a SAFE, stable, loving home with no stupidity or drama.

MOD NOTE:

Going forward, please use the child’s initials only when discussing this case. Previous posts have been edited to reflect this victim-friendly practice.

Also remember that sleuthing persons not named suspects or POI by law enforcement is strictly forbidden. This includes discussion of other minor children one might observe on a suspect’s social media.

Thanks for helping keep Websleuths amazing!

Have a great weekend!
Mad

Memmott was arrested and placed in the Colusa County Detention Center where he is being held without bond. Memmott and Donna Harris were each charged with felony abduction of a child. Harris was placed in the Harven A. Crouse Detention Center under a $20,000 secured bond with a District Court appearance scheduled for May 4.

So grandma was in on it. Did not see that one coming although it gives me hope that his motives weren't inappropriate. I hope life stabilizes for little FH and she lands somewhere safe with lots of love.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back