Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tow little boys running through a gate out into a field into the desert night -

They would be talking and laughing which would echo on a desert night. They would have been easy tracked if it was "just a second ago."
Didn't happen.
Into the desert night ... developmentally speaking, three-four year olds are afraid of the dark.

Preschooler: 3-4 years
The Dark: After years of sleeping soundly in the dimmest of rooms, your kiddo can suddenly become petrified of shadows in her bedroom or start crying that it’s “too dark” in there. She is scanning her environment all of the time to take note of what she sees and make sense of what’s around her, says Dr. Huebner, so the dark is especially hard because she can’t see much at all. Your child’s burgeoning imagination also plays a role: “Kids hear a noise or see a shadow and think, ‘What’s that?!’ They might imagine it’s a monster, or a tiger.”
The Age-by-Age Guide to Kid Fears

I honestly can’t phantom taking a child for money... much less a child who has most likely been traumatized and needs lots of extra help.

Kids are A LOT of work. Healthy, non-traumatized kids are A LOT of work. You don’t get pregnant and have kids for any money, if anything you get way less money since a good chunk of it goes to the child’s needs.

I do know that some foster/adoptive parents probably see the financial help they might get in some states like “easy money”. It’s not though. It’s not their money either, it’s for the child. And it’s obviously not easy in any way. Loving a child IS easy, caring for a child is often hard. The happy times are totally worth it though. If you treat a child with love, care AND respect, that child will love you forever, no questions asked. That’s why it makes me so sad when I find these cases.
So beautifully stated!

This case is making me crazy! Where are these sweet little boys? Without updates I guess there’s not much to discuss. Something happened to these babies and someone knows what! Speak up!!

Same here. At the very least maybe that $50,000 reward will loosen someone's lips. I'd like to think that any small bit of info could crack the case ‍

Community members continue search for California City boys in Bakersfield

Here's a news link specifying locations where groups have searched for them so far, and the areas where they're planning on searching. It's a relatively new post from KBAK, FOX58 dated 1/10/2021.

I saw a comment from a member of the search party saying there's a pond next to a local park and they waded in as far as they could but there's a middle section where they couldn't go any further due to depth. Does anyone know what it would take for the FBI/local LE to buzz through it with an underwater drone? Do they need a solid tip or what?

Here's a news link specifying locations where groups have searched for them so far, and the areas where they're planning on searching. It's a relatively new post from KBAK, FOX58 dated 1/10/2021.

I saw a comment from a member of the search party saying there's a pond next to a local park and they waded in as far as they could but there's a middle section where they couldn't go any further due to depth. Does anyone know what it would take for the FBI/local LE to buzz through it with an underwater drone? Do they need a solid tip or what?
I am surprised that LE hasn't drained that pond already. That seems like their usual response to missing toddlers, near a small body of water.

Yes, normally LE would need a solid lead or clear evidence before they start searching a specific area.

There are so many places the boys could be. It doesn't seem like they have narrowed down any particular area yet.

Imo

I am surprised that LE hasn't drained that pond already. That seems like their usual response to missing toddlers, near a small body of water.

Agreed, especially because CCPD chief himself said he believes foul play was involved. After I thought about it I think they might not have looked in the pond because the evidence took from the Wests might be pointing in another direction, away from the pond. TW said they "took their tech" so they're probably looking through the GPS on their phones, or GPS from the van and searching wherever that takes them.

Edit: I wonder what other pieces of evidence they took from the West house mentioned at 1:34 in this video from 23ABC

I don’t think the reward money is going to help. They don’t know anyone in California City, they didn’t socialize with anyone there. The neighbors didn’t know the kids.

Now, if something did happen back in Bakersfield... that’s a whole different scenario. But what if they were the same way there? Where are their friends?

I haven't heard of anyone coming out saying they've ever known these people. I wish some of the national news would pick this story up. And I wish we would hear something else from LE, anything at all....like we're still working on this. Where's the FBI, usually they are right there with the Chief at the press conferences.

I haven't heard of anyone coming out saying they've ever known these people. I wish some of the national news would pick this story up. And I wish we would hear something else from LE, anything at all....like we're still working on this. Where's the FBI, usually they are right there with the Chief at the press conferences.

I expect law enforcement has interviewed everyone involved in the adoption & everyone involved in any of the kids' schooling or education or activities.

Once enough pieces are found....

Worried about these rambunctious little guys! Old preschool teacher here -- the pieces TW and JW provide don't make sense. Don't make any sense, don't make sense at all.

Where are these little guys?

upload_2021-1-10_6-19-46.jpeg
image from findourboys2021.medium.com

just my professional opinion, your mileage may vary, lather rinse repeat

Last edited:
Bringing this post over from the media thread:
I wonder if the West's are still staying at the home after the broken window incident, etc. I would love to know how long the mother children have been at the Grandparents home? What date was the last date of any children seen, the Dec. 19? I seldom post, often feel I don't have much to add, and I love to the read the passages from the these great minds here...
The Police Chief said on Dec 29 that the West's were not staying at the home. There doesn't appear to be any activity there per news reports and video since the 29th and these neighbors are pretty vocal.

I think we all want to know the answers to your questions - how long at Grandparents, when the children were last seen... There is no information that can be posted here that I'm aware of but it will all come out eventually; we just have to be patient. MOO

IMO there is definitely some serious assumptions going on from the FBI and LE. Speculating they completely scraped out the fireplace ... they dug in the back yard... I mean these things aren’t normally done right away IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member