Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
rambunctious

synonyms: boisterous · unrestrained · irrepressible · exuberant · uproarious · rollicking · roisterous · rackety · noisy · loud · clamorous · unruly · disorderly · rowdy · badly behaved · riotous · undisciplined · ill-disciplined · unmanageable · uncontrollable · ungovernable · uncontrolled · obstreperous · disruptive · wild · rough · rumbustious · rampageous · robustious

It really is a very concerning word choice.
The above descriptions are not loving or kind. A man DESPERATE and HOSTILE imo.

It was so randomly eloquent in amongst his average to poor chopped up vocab.
I have never seen a single word used that is so alarming before.:(

Maybe mischiefess little monkeys, little dare devils etc. There are terms of endearment for neg things that still show love and support behind them.
That's what subliminally is off.

moo
Randomly eloquent . That's exactly it . In amongst a very basic vocabulary it stuck out . IMO

rambunctious

synonyms: boisterous · unrestrained · irrepressible · exuberant · uproarious · rollicking · roisterous · rackety · noisy · loud · clamorous · unruly · disorderly · rowdy · badly behaved · riotous · undisciplined · ill-disciplined · unmanageable · uncontrollable · ungovernable · uncontrolled · obstreperous · disruptive · wild · rough · rumbustious · rampageous · robustious

Maybe mischiefess little monkeys, little dare devils etc. There are terms of endearment for neg things that still show love and support behind them.

moo
Randomly eloquent . That's exactly it . In amongst a very basic vocabulary it stuck out . IMO

Here’s the vid with the “rambunctious” quote. My hearing is going; so maybe someone else can hear the statement.

I haven't watched that until now. Why don't they touch each other?, hold hands,have their arm around each other, neither one looks like the need comforting. There's no expressive gestures at all. They are both so calm and matter of fact!

I haven't watched that until now. Why don't they touch each other?, hold hands,have their arm around each other, neither one looks like the need comforting. There's no expressive gestures at all. They are both so calm and matter of fact!

IMHO his arms are shutting everyone out.

She appears more open, if I am hearing her words, she thanks people for their help. Pre-COVID, many of us would have stepped forward to hug or physically comfort her.

No handshaking bro-hugs for him.

Keeping himself contained. As if he's 'rambunctious' and has trouble holding still?

Also IMHO, I do NOT like being recorded. Participated in a training video for work this week, and would have declined except that the organizer called to say "I am not sure you like doing this sort of thing, but of everyone available I really want you."

Well, my colleague has the luxury of choice while these parents do not.

But where are they today? If my kid was missing & I was functioning at all, I expect that I"d be blubbering away to any available media begging for the return of my baby!

TW states that he wants to look into all the houses in the area is that right?

But he does not plead for the return of the rambunctious boys.

IMHO doesn't bode well for O&O.

(Leaving out some thoughts, here. Are any of those nearby houses vacant or abandoned???)

jmho ymmv lrr

Last edited:
IMHO his arms are shutting everyone out.

She appears more open, if I am hearing her words, she thanks people for their help. Pre-COVID, many of us would have stepped forward to hug or physically comfort her.

No handshaking bro-hugs for him.

Keeping himself contained. As if he's 'rambunctious' and has trouble holding still?

Also IMHO, I do NOT like being recorded. Participated in a training video for work this week, and would have declined except that the organized called to say "I am not sure you like doing this sort of thing, but of everyone available I really want you."

Well, my colleague has the luxury of choice while these parents do not.

But where are they today? If my kid was missing & I was functioning at all, I expect that I"d be blubbering away to any available media begging for the return of my baby!

TW states that he wants to look into all the houses in the area is that right?

But he does not plead for the return of the rambunctious boys.

IMHO doesn't bode well for O&O.

(Leaving out some thoughts, here. Are any of those nearby houses vacant or abandoned???)

jmho ymmv lrr
Yes. Good observations. Especially this part:
“Keeping himself contained. As if he's 'rambunctious' and has trouble holding still?’

I do wonder if the boys possibly got into the same element that could be making TW seem rambunctious. He contains himself; forcing himself to stay still. How would the rambunctious boys be contained, forcing them to stay still?

Yes. Good observations. Especially this part:
“Keeping himself contained. As if he's 'rambunctious' and has trouble holding still?’

I do wonder if the boys possibly got into the same element that could be making TW seem rambunctious. He contains himself; forcing himself to stay still. How would the rambunctious boys be contained, forcing them to stay still?

RSBM

Thanks, Grandma. Oh, hhhmmm.

We don't know when was the last time they were seen even separately.
There could be two different dates of going "missing" for two different little people.

Thanks, @charminglane . Oh, hhhmmm.

rambunctious

moo

Agreed. Also my expectation when he said " They are going to be" would be that the next word should be "scared" or afraid or frightened. Rambunctious would not have crossed my mind.

I don’t know, but I think that if/when things get to the point that there’s just no way out, they will turn on each other. They didn’t come off as having a super strong/stable relationship so I don’t think they will protect each other. Dad seems really mad, maybe it’s just the stance though.

I don’t know, but I think that if/when things get to the point that there’s just no way out, they will turn on each other. They didn’t come off as having a super strong/stable relationship so I don’t think they will protect each other. Dad seems really mad, maybe it’s just the stance though.
Agree. Dad seemed mad. Mom reached out. Dad was having none of that. In my mind that was striking but inconclusive. Pondering...

1. Did Dad reject mom because he is a controlling narcissist who blames her for everything even if she has no real culpability (eg ‘if you had just kept those boys under control I wouldn’t have had to punish them’)? OR
  2. Did Dad reject mom because she actually IS responsible for this mess (the abuser or neglecter or simply the chaperone during time of accident)?

Here's a thought:

We are supposing that the boys went "missing" together.
We don't know when was the last time they were seen even separately.
There could be two different dates of going "missing" for two different little people.

ETA-meaning that the Dec. 21 date is just the Called It In Day.
We haven't talked about this enough; thank you for raising this point.
WHAT could cause two little boys to be banished (to who knows where or for what reason) separately? And what on earth would ever give anyone the idea that they could get away with it? In this scenario, crimes happened on two separate occasions vs. one where the two boys "disappeared" together.
Is that possible? How?! Where are the relatives? Who helped with these SIX children besides the parents? There HAS to be other people involved here who can offer up some insights?!!?! Did they not notice two of the six were missing? Impossible!

Amateur opinion and speculation

We haven't talked about this enough; thank you for raising this point.
WHAT could cause two little boys to be banished (to who knows where or for what reason) separately? And what on earth would ever give anyone the idea that they could get away with it? In this scenario, crimes happened on two separate occasions vs. one where the two boys "disappeared" together.
Is that possible? How?! Where are the relatives? Who helped with these SIX children besides the parents? There HAS to be other people involved here who can offer up some insights?!!?! Did they not notice two of the six were missing? Impossible!

Amateur opinion and speculation

This is where the selling idea comes into play. It is not high on my list, but cannot be denied.
What if there are two possibly different crime scenes-if the boys were separated? Did one go "missing" in Bakersfield before the move? The other after?
Did one brother ask about the other and had to be disappeared?
What are the chances that two little rambunctious kiddies go poof at the same time? To be found nowhere after 3+ weeks?
Finally, not one mention was made by the AP about having their children/family all together in time for Christmas in their appearance on the news. Wouldn't that be on your mind, to let the public know--your wish is that all 6 children be together at that special time of the year? You were wrapping presents...

Another thing I've been musing over in this case. The amount of YouTubers who are basically trying to function as investigative reporters. I noticed it in the Suzanne Morphew case, but this one has them all doubling down. Will MSM eventually take a backseat to this trend?
snipped by me
MSM seems to be focusing less and less on local news and news that impacts individuals, and more and more on macro-scale news. I do think that Youtubers are filling a void - nature abhors a vacuum, after all. How many families of MPs say it's actually really hard to get their missing loved ones in the news? Lots! It's why having social media to keep the person in people's consciousness has become so important. The problem is no matter how good one particular Youtuber or podcaster might be, they don't necessarily have the right training or ethics or accountability that MSM does. Perhaps that will change... one day. I know a few trained journos who have moved to podcasting and streaming because the MSM just doesn't do the kind of deep, detailed investigative stuff they want to do anymore.

I am not sure I agree. My Irish grandma used that term a lot. She had 10 kids, and then opened up a Home Day Care, that I worked in when I was in high school. She had a back covered patio that she named 'The Rambunctious Room'--it was full of pillows and stuffed animals, and she let the 'most rambunctious' kids run around and roughhouse for awhile, to calm themselves down.

She used the term with a twinkle in her eyes, never used it as 'badly behaved' or 'unruly.' She truly meant exuberant and noisy and irrepressible. She let the wild ones run around and wrestle each other before they had to calm down and play with everyone else politely.

That term means different things to different people, I guess. I am not saying this because I think they are 100% honest and innocent. Just saying that the word rambunctious can be a descriptor of energetic enthusiastic behaviour, not necessarily used as a negative bash type of word.

ITA you can use it in a warm, cheeky way, to refer to the normal energy and physicality of toddlers and preschoolers. I agree with

though - it's the fact the statement was otherwise so dry and the dad also said they don't run around. They're rambunctious, but don't run around? Doesn't compute.

Apologies if this has already been discussed, I’m a little late to this case and hampered by the time difference. I hadn’t seen discussed how many bedrooms the Aspen Avenue house had and while searching online came across the original real estate listing, which in scrolling down listed the nearby schools and then, a link leading to the registered sex offenders in California City, two of which have addresses on Aspen Avenue. I’m not sure where I’m going with this or even if it’s allowed so Mods please delete if it isn’t. Is this possibly what the AD meant by going into the houses to check? I’m still on the fence regarding what may have happened to these two dear little guys, but I so want to bring them home. MOO

Boys in particular are often described as rambunctious. Some parents use the word to describe hyperactivity. When a group of kids are running around wild and misbehaving, they might be called rambunctious. It can be a polite way of saying, 'these kids are totally out of control!' Imo
I was described as rambunctious by my parents, I never considered it to be a bad word. I was very active, climbing trees, playing in the woods and getting scratched up or hit in the head with a stick, maybe not typical girly things to do, skinned knees and stitches. All of my cousins were older and male - I went where they went.
JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members