Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #6 *both parents arrested/charged*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Boys, 3 and 4, missing from California City | KGET 17

Police say two boys, ages 3 and 4, have gone missing.

An employee at the California City Police Department said she hadn’t been told by her lieutenant to release their names.

[...]

“2 MISSING MALE JUVENILES, LAST SEEN IN THE 10700 BLOCK OF ASPEN. ” from California City Police Department : Nixle
TWO MISSING MALE JUVENILES LAST SEEN IN THE 10700 BLOCK OF ASPEN. FIRST WILL BE A BLACK MALE JUVENILE, 3 YEARS OLD, APPROXIMATELY 3 FEET TALL, 30-40 POUNDS, LAST SEEN WEARING A BLACK SWEATSHIRT, GRAY SWEATPANTS. SECOND WILL BE A BLACK MALE JUVENILE, 4 YEARS OLD, APPROXIMATELY 3 FEET TALL, 30-40 POUNDS, LAST SEEN WEARING A BLACK SWEATSHIRT, GRAY SWEATPANTS. IF YOU HAVE INFORMATION OR SEE SUBJECTS MATCHING DESCRIPTION CONTACT THE CALIFORNIA CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT, (760) 373-8606.

10700 block of Aspen Ave - Google Maps

Case Archive (courtesy of Websleuths member AmandaReconwith)

MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE THREAD *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

Last edited by a moderator:
There has been absolutely nothing in any approved sources to indicate these boys are disabled.

Also, discussion about possible financial gain on behalf of the adoptive parents is not victim friendly.

Posts related to the above have been removed. Please move on from those discussions.

ADMIN NOTE:

This thread has become rife with TOS violations.

Rumors are not allowed. The only information that is allowed for discussion is from MSM, LE, or other WS approved sources. If what you are discussing is not from those approved sources, it is not allowed.

Sleuthing anyone not officially named by LE as POIs or suspects is not allowed.

Making insinuations or direct accusations or bashing anyone is not allowed. This includes family. Members may respectfully discuss what is contained in MSM or what has been released by LE or other WS approved sources.

Only 1 video by the AV group has been allowed because it contains the neighbor’s surveillance video for discussion. Commentary by the hosts is not allowed .. only comments about the surveillance video itself. No other podcast by them has been approved and that decision has not changed.

This is Tricia's house, Tricia's rules. She would not come to your house and violate your house rules. Please extend her the same courtesy.

WS has high standards for a reason. If members can't post in accordance with Websleuths Terms of Service, they will be placed on a temporary or permanent thread reply ban, or lose all WS posting privileges entirely.

Thread is open again.

Remember, "No Link, No Post" !! If members ask for a link and one is not quickly provided, that's the end of that discussion. All responses get removed.

Sorry that some good posts bit the dust ... hard to remove or edit and retain total context. If something appears a bit wonky, it's because we removed major wonkiness.

As always, post respectfully and without being antagonistic or snarky; otherwise you may find yourself on the outside looking in.

Hey everyone,

A word of caution about fundraising sites. I could start a fundraiser under the name Santa Claus ... it does not mean I am Santa Claus or that I need money for sleigh repairs. Unless it is 110% clear that the fundraiser has been established by the case player (i.e. sourced in MSM who have vetted the source and published it in a linked article), it is not allowed for discussion here.

IF a fundraiser site is genuine (as evidenced via MSM or other approved sources), it may be approved. Always best to private message a Mod or Report on any post to ask if the source is approved, and saves us cleanup of a thread.

Also note, even if a fundraiser link is allowed, WS does not allow soliciting funds for the fundraiser or suggestions that members contribute. We will however allow discussion of the detailed description used in support of the fundraiser as long as it has been approved.

ADMIN NOTE:

Posts discussing a realtor or mortgage broker and the number of children have been removed, along with all responses.

To clarify ...

Tricia's podcast is its own social media, separate and apart from this forum. There are times when Tricia will be discussing things on her podcast that are not approved for discussion here on the board. That's what makes her podcast so very interesting.

IOW, if Tricia is addressing a social media rumor on her podcast, it is not allowed here because it is rumor. The same goes for other podcasts. They are interesting, intriguing, and can be downright Yowza, but not everything is allowed here for discussion.

Hopefully that is clear. Any questions, please ask them in private message to me.

Hey everybody,

One of Websleuths basic principles is that we are victim friendly, and that includes toward family members. At this time nobody has been officially named by LE to be a POI or suspect in this case, so please tone down the direct accusations and insinuations against anyone who has not been officially named by LE to be responsible.

We know of cases where the most obvious suspect did not end up being the person responsible. Nothing worse than re-victimizing a victim.

Members may respectfully discuss known facts as they are available to us via MSM or other approved sources, but please do not set about trashing anyone who has not been officially named responsible.

Thank you.

ADMIN REMINDER:

This post lands at random.

It is not open season on the adoptive parents or anyone else who has not been officially named a POI or suspect in this case.

How will you feel if someone you are accusing is found to be totally innocent? Would you be able to face them and say the same things to their face that you are posting on the internet?

Websleuths does not allow members to be rude or disrespectful. Post responsibly and respectfully without making direct accusations against anyone who is not an officially named POI or suspect.

One of the most basic principles of Websleuths is that we are victim friendly. Unless/until someone is officially named by LE to be POIs or suspects, family members are considered victims under our Victim Friendly policy. Members are responsible for their own words and for keeping their posts in line with Websleuths TOS.

Mods, are we allowed to discuss newest video by AV Watchmen? I don't know how to reach a mod directly. Sorry

The only AV News Crew video we have previously allowed is the one with the neighbour's surveillance video.

We're going to pass on AVW's recent phone interview. We have no idea who the host is actually speaking with (no name, no visual), and the audio is terrible. I couldn't hear most of what the woman was saying and it seemed to me that the woman who was speaking so hesitantly at first with all the long pauses and terrible audio, somehow morphed into a woman who was speaking very quickly and confidently, and IMO did not sound like the same person at all.

MAR 6, 2021
Officers search for missing Cal City boys near Cottonwood and East Pacheco | KBAK (bakersfieldnow.com)
[...]

"The search has been completed. As far as if any items of evidence of any value were located, I can't get into specifics," Sgt. Robert Pair, Public Information Officer, for the Bakersfield Police Department, said. "I can definitely say that the boys were not located, I think our reaction would have been a lot different if that occurred."

Sgt. Robert Pair with the Bakersfield Police Department would not go into specifics for why law enforcement was searching the field on Saturday, but said it's for one of several reasons.

"It's either going to be through a tip or the investigative process, whether that is evidence that has been located previously or an interview," Sgt. Pair, said.
Vasquez says nothing stood out to them when their search groups looked there in early January.

[...]

When the FBI and BPD officers were returning from the field to their care a crowd of of community members were there, cheering, clapping and shouting "thank you" to them for searching for the missing boys.

[...]

Ughhhh I really hope they can find out what happened to these little ones and be able to get justice for them. So many little ones missing and no justice . The AP need to just be honest but that won't happen. At least the LE is looking and doing their job in this case jmoo

FIND OUR MISSING BOYS — ORRIN AND ORSON WEST (OFFICIAL WEST FAMILY STATEMENT)

Jan 3, 2021

It should be noted that the two brothers are the youngest of four adopted siblings and share two older siblings who are the biological children of their adoptive parents. That is six children in total who are our primary focus.

Jan 22, 2021-- ABC/23 YTube

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Police chief reveals new details about missing California City toddler brothers

From the transcript:

15:41
the way i understand it and the way i've
15:43
been briefed on it there was
15:44
two two biological children
15:47
two foster children and uh oran [Orrin and] norsen [Orson]
15:51
were actually adopted so
15:54
and then ranging in ages from 10 all the
15:56
way down to three

I understand that MSM previously reported various versions about the relationship of the children in the care of the West couple but it seems that as of Jan 22 -- both the parents and LE have confirmed the children in question are biological and/or adopted.

Can you expound on that? Which trail? Who's trail?
Half the time I feel like if you're not following these cases in the dumpster fires of social media or the randos of youtubery, you have no idea what folks are insinuating here. o_O

She has said this here before and I believe she is referring to human trafficking.

I don’t think there’s been any evidence yet to suggest thats a lead but at this point who knows JMO

Can you expound on that? Which trail? Who's trail?
Half the time I feel like if you're not following these cases in the dumpster fires of social media or the randos of youtubery, you have no idea what folks are insinuating here. o_O
*If* there is foul play as LE suspects, it is often motivated by monetary gain. Meaning, do the financial forensics on POI and see if they have any unexplained deposits.

amateur opinion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member