Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trezelle West, the adoptive Father of the boys, spoke to Eyewitness News from the other side of the door. He said he is not allowed to come out of the house, but would like to thank the community for the support.

Missing California City boys being investigated by FBI, multiple agencies

BBM: so this statement bothers me. In all the years I’ve been here on WS I don’t believe I have ever heard of being told not to come out of the house. Has anyone else?

I have followed cases where LE strongly discouraged the family members from being part of a search. Specifically when it's a child missing.
I have followed cases where the lead LE agency also strongly encourages family members to avoid the media and/or publicity.
In this specific case, there seem to be some very loud, very opinionated locals hanging out near the home. I can definitely believe LE may have told him and his wife, to stay inside and not subject themselves to that particular circus.

So I don't find the dad's comment all that surprising. jmo

Quote RSBM. Yes, I have definitely heard in other cases of missing children that the parents must stay in the house and not help search, etc. I don't think he's making this up and do believe LE would have asked him to stay in the house.
This is good - it protects the integrity of LE's investigation and keeps everyone safe.

I totally get the not searching part but being TOLD to stay in the house? Even after they already did an interview with media?

I guess I’m confused as to whether or not LE has the legal right to tell a person to stay in their home.
I get that if someone is in house arrest or has a monitor, but in this case,,,,,, baffled.

I think the words he used with the reporter were “ not allowed to come out of the house.”

The reporter here says that neighbors last saw the kids a day to a day and half ago-which I believe was about the time they were reported missing. Perhaps the media has that incorrect but if true then I am even more inclined than I had already been to believe the adoptive parents are being honest.

FBI interviewing adoptive parents of missing California City boys | KGET 17
Also, I believe the boys went missing around 4:30 or 5 on Monday. The article you linked says CCPD stated the parents called them at 8 pm. That seems like an awfully long time to search before calling 911 - the kids are only 3 and 4 years old!

I have followed cases where LE strongly discouraged the family members from being part of a search. Specifically when it's a child missing.
I have followed cases where the lead LE agency also strongly encourages family members to avoid the media and/or publicity.
In this specific case, there seem to be some very loud, very opinionated locals hanging out near the home. I can definitely believe LE may have told him and his wife, to stay inside and not subject themselves to that particular circus.

So I don't find the dad's comment all that surprising. jmo
Exactly. I'm sure LE wanted them inside for their own safety. When children are involved, passion runs high and mob mentality can take over. When that happens, situations become dangerous, even deadly. LE did the right thing, but I do think they should have been more assertive in clearing people out of the immediate area.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I too wish there would be an official update. I know it’s crazy but I’m still holding out some hope that the parents weren’t involved. But I know we’ve seen time and time again how these cases play out.

does anyone know how old their other kids are?

This is so sad ... where could these little boys possibly be... it’s been too long for them to be okay on their own ... I wonder if someone picked them up ... I so hope they are safe somewhere. I feel for both bio and adoptive families while they wait for answers. Jeez ... it’s Christmas! <modsnip> Moo

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the bio/foster/adoption situation also adds an additional layer of info for LE to investigate. Like we recently saw in Jordan Gorman’s case where the adoptive parents did not speak but the bio did and gave out incorrect info. I assume kids who are removed from bio parents and then the parental rights terminated have gone through some really horrific situations before being adopted. Right now the focus needs to be on finding Orson and Orrin. MOO

Yes FBI brought in huge flood lights and forensics team to dig/sift in the backyard beginning at around 9pm Wednesday. No word on any evidence they were able to obtain from that search, but apparently they were very noisy according to one of the neighbors. Jackhammers being brought in really gave me pause and confused me.

they wrapped up the search and took down the crime scene tape so it seems they have moved on. Hopeful they find the babies so soon how heartbreaking !

Thank you for the info., Dre!

Any word yet on the last time the kids were seen by someone apart from family? And the time the parents called 911? I know the dad said they were gone at about 4:30 or 5 but did he ever say when they called police?
He did not answer that question. His wife stepped up to answer, but never stated a time. She reiterated details like - it was after they searched, and it was getting dark.

Trezelle West, the adoptive Father of the boys, spoke to Eyewitness News from the other side of the door. He said he is not allowed to come out of the house, but would like to thank the community for the support.

Missing California City boys being investigated by FBI, multiple agencies

BBM: so this statement bothers me. In all the years I’ve been here on WS I don’t believe I have ever heard of being told not to come out of the house. Has anyone else?
I found that mystifying as well. There are two of them, if LE needed one of them to stay home so they could communicate/ask questions that makes sense, but not both.
They also both had cell phones, so ...

Also, I believe the boys went missing around 4:30 or 5 on Monday. The article you linked says CCPD stated the parents called them at 8 pm. That seems like an awfully long time to search before calling 911 - the kids are only 3 and 4 years old!
I had to read it twice and I think what they mean is that at 8 p.m. on Monday, California City police announced that the boys were missing. MOO

California City police said at 8 p.m. Monday that the boys had been reported missing and were last seen in the 10700 block of Aspen Ave.

There's a timeline in the article below that goes through Wednesday. Here is what they have for Monday:

Missing California City boys: What we know | KGET 17
  • Monday, early evening — Orson and Orrin play outside as their adoptive father gathers firewood, according to their adoptive parents. The father, Trevol West, later tells the media he briefly went back inside the house, and when he came out the boys were gone. He says he drove through nearby streets and spoke with neighbors but couldn’t find them.
  • Monday, around 6 p.m. — The boys’ adoptive parents report them missing.
  • Monday, around 8 p.m. — California City police send out a news release that provides a description of the boys but not their names or photographs. That information is released hours later.
  • Monday night — Volunteers and police search areas near where the boys went missing. Police bring K9s to the home. The dogs find the boys’ scent inside the house, but not outdoors.

The police told the parents of a missing boy to stay close to the house. The parents and family members went looking anyway and found their child where the searchers had already been.
They were told not to look in that location as it had been searched and the grandfather was calling for the child and he came out straight into the grandfathers arms.

Just saying a familiar voice is what a child might respond and also so a drone with the mother’s voice was set out flying.

Missing three-year-old boy found in WA's south-west

I had to read it twice and I think what they mean is that at 8 p.m. on Monday, California City police announced that the boys were missing. MOO

California City police said at 8 p.m. Monday that the boys had been reported missing and were last seen in the 10700 block of Aspen Ave.

There's a timeline in the article below that goes through Wednesday. Here is what they have for Monday:

Missing California City boys: What we know | KGET 17
  • Monday, early evening — Orson and Orrin play outside as their adoptive father gathers firewood, according to their adoptive parents. The father, Trevol West, later tells the media he briefly went back inside the house, and when he came out the boys were gone. He says he drove through nearby streets and spoke with neighbors but couldn’t find them.
  • Monday, around 6 p.m. — The boys’ adoptive parents report them missing.
  • Monday, around 8 p.m. — California City police send out a news release that provides a description of the boys but not their names or photographs. That information is released hours later.
  • Monday night — Volunteers and police search areas near where the boys went missing. Police bring K9s to the home. The dogs find the boys’ scent inside the house, but not outdoors.
Ah, thanks for clarifying the times for me @PommyMommy! 6 pm sounds much more reasonable.

Someone asked what time the 911 call was made, and in this video at just about 5 seconds in, the anchorman says it came in around 6pm.

I'm wondering, the white van shown at the front of the house in this video, is this a wheelchair van? I'm not sure but it looks very much like one.
That's a good question about the van. I never thought about it being a wheelchair van, I assumed it was just a normal conversion van

DEC 25, 2020
Search for missing Cal City boys continues on Christmas (turnto23.com)
[...]

As of Friday, there were no updates as to what has happened to the three and four-year-old. That's why the community is still searching.

"We are still willing to get out there and find these little boys," said LR, another Cal City resident.

Over the past two days, neighbors have dropped off balloons, candles, and gifts at the adoptive parents' home in hopes of a Christmas miracle.

[...]

California City Police have not confirmed if any arrests have been made or if this a criminal case. No matter what, the community is not giving up on the search.

"These are two little missing boys, and we need to get them back safely," said LR.

I just want to know what time or day someone saw them, independent from the parents. I am thinking about the other children in the home, and timing of the visitation of the birth mother. How long has it been since social services has seen the little guys?

That's a good question about the van. I never thought about it being a wheelchair van, I assumed it was just a normal conversion van

I think it could just be a van that will accommodate their large family. I believe there are 6 children in total. (Coming from a proud wheelchair van driving Mama)

I think it could just be a van that will accommodate their large family. I believe there are 6 children in total. (Coming from a proud wheelchair van driving Mama)
I just went back and looked at the video and I was way off on what I thought the van was. For some reason I thought it had some sort of conversion done to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member