Identified! CA - Pacifica, WhtFem 593UFCA, 25-46, found in tent, Jun'06 - Christine Kuhn

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow, great news. Condolences to her family.

I was just thinking the same thing...good reminder that we shouldn’t always rule out MP possibilities when they’re missing from far away from where the UP was found.

Probably shouldn’t rule out if DNA is available either!! I thought the system was automated. A three year wait is crazy! Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably shouldn’t rule out if DNA is available either!! I thought the system was automated. A three year wait is crazy! Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This isn't the only case I've seen with two and three year delays. The system that does the matches is automated, but the process for getting DNA into the system isn't. Some jurisdictions process DNA and take care of the paperwork promptly, but others are slower. Many labs have backlogs (and it looks like the FBI labs have one of the biggest backups?) . Funding was cut off for a while and that added to the backlogs. It's a sorry mess.

Happy and sad....this woman's PM face burned into my eyes for a long time .....I would like to see a picture of this wonderful human being, how she looked like, during life....to scare away her post-mortem pic. RIP. All the best for her relatives.

The remains of an unidentified female were found alongside a service trail off southbound state Highway 1 on June 6, 2006, and were identified Tuesday as Christine Martell Kuhn, who was last seen by her family a year earlier.

(snip)

Kuhn’s fingerprints match the arrest record linked to a case documented on Nov. 30, 2006, that was handled by the California Highway Patrol’s San Francisco office. The name “Sam Smith” was an alias and is suspected to be fictitious.
http://www.sfexaminer.com/human-remains-found-pacifica-2006-idd-dna/

How was she fingerprinted in Nov. of 2006 when her remains were found in June, 2006?

(snip)

http://www.sfexaminer.com/human-remains-found-pacifica-2006-idd-dna/

How was she fingerprinted in Nov. of 2006 when her remains were found in June, 2006?

I think that is a just a case of poor journalism. Someone probably copied and pasted part of an article and rewrote it without really reading it. Here is an article that explains better:
"On November 30, 2006, Jane Doe 06-03's fingerprints were matched to an arrest record from January 27, 2006 handled by CHP-San Francisco," a coroner's report states. "The name on the arrest record, 'Sam Smith,' was an alias and suspected to be fictitious."

https://patch.com/california/pacifica/11-years-later-jane-doe-found-pacifica-has-name

So the timeline goes:

January 2006 - Arrested
June 2006 - Found deceased
Nov 2006 - Fingerprint match found for previous arrest record from January

Happy and sad....this woman's PM face burned into my eyes for a long time .....I would like to see a picture of this wonderful human being, how she looked like, during life....to scare away her post-mortem pic. RIP. All the best for her relatives.

I can relieve some of that away at the very least. The photo isn't a PM it's a mugshot from her Jan 2006 arrest under her alias "Sam Smith". I too want to she a photo of her prior to her disappearance.

I thought the mugshot was a recon until she was identified. I always wondered why they would make her hair so messy if it was a reconstruction of a victim. RIP Christine.

I can relieve some of that away at the very least. The photo isn't a PM it's a mugshot from her Jan 2006 arrest under her alias "Sam Smith". I too want to she a photo of her prior to her disappearance.

I thought the mugshot was a recon until she was identified. I always wondered why they would make her hair so messy if it was a reconstruction of a victim. RIP Christine.

ThX for this info aTYW.

[h=1]Piecing together missing persons reports[/h] [h=2]Coroner invites family members to bolster DNA database[/h]
In an effort to piece together the puzzling aspects of missing persons reports, San Mateo County officials are asking the family members to step forward with genetic and other identifying information that could play a critical role in solving the mysteries that surround their loved ones.

The DNA sample collected from a simple swab of someone’s cheek is all it may take to link a family member to another profile stored in nationwide DNA databases, a phenomenon San Mateo County Coroner Robert Foucrault witnessed late last year when DNA offered by a Washington, D.C., family was matched with the profile of an unidentified female body discovered in Pacifica in 2006.

Acknowledging the sad discovery family members of 41-year-old Christine Kuhn — whose body was found in remote area off Highway 1 — made more than a decade after they last saw her, Foucrault said the possibility of answering some of the questions surrounding a disappearance has driven him and his staff at the Coroner’s Office to host its first Bay Area Missing Persons Day this Saturday.

“It brings relief to the family, it brings closure to the family,” he said, adding that in the case of Kuhn, the decomposed state of her body left the cause of her death unknown. “They don’t know why she died, but they were able to find closure.”

Read more: https://www.smdailyjournal.com/news...cle_bfaa0908-437f-11e8-8b80-cbe09f1ee67e.html

I woke up yesterday with this lady very much on my mind, came straight here to see that she has been id'd. I am pleased that her family have closure and that she has her name back but so sad that there was a tragic ending for her. I would be interested to know her story but understand her family's need for privacy. RIP beautiful Christine

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase
Back