CA CA - Patricia Crandall, Shasta County, 18-19 years old, 13 March 1949

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Very pretty girl. She would have attracted the attentions of many IWT. I wonder if she was going off somewhere for an illegal (at that time) procedure, and perished from it?

Amateur opinion and speculation

The bump brought me back to this case after a few years. One small point to clear up is that the daughter of Patricia Von Ahn, Diane, is almost certainly the one associated with the Manson Family. Diane Von Ahn - CharlesManson.com. confirms two facts which support this link. Firstly it gives November 16 1949 as one of two possible birthdates for the Manson Diane which matches the birthdate on Diane Von Ahn in Ancestry family trees. Secondly, and perhaps more significantly, the Manson site refers to her returning to Oregon and dying in a racing accident.

I have revisited the various records on Ancestry and see no reason to change my view that the only match for the missing Patricia is Patricia Von Ahn as the other two possibilities can both be traced through Ancestry records which eliminate them as possibilities. But nothing new has emerged and I still consider this will only be resolved to the standard needed to call it definitively solved by LE or DNA testing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trailerguy68
Back