Found Deceased CA - Paul Miller, 51, Canadian, Joshua Tree Natl Park, San Bernardino Co., 13 Jul 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The remains were not in a hard to reach area.
Much more in the article below.

Snip

""It was in a wide place in the canyon hidden behind a rock, so it's very difficult to see where he was," said Joshua Tree National Park superintendent David Smith, who brought the family back to the spot Tuesday.

Snip

""The remains were found in a slightly shaded area that we assume he sought shelter there from the sun while he was hiking," said Ainsley Otten, a family friend of the Millers."

Family of missing Joshua Tree hiker return to site where remains were found; backpack still had food and water - KESQ

That’s what is stated in the article, I promise I didn’t make it up.
Family of missing Joshua Tree hiker return to site where remains were found; backpack still had food and water - KESQ

Quote from article:

But mid-December, a non-profit drone group had a breakthrough. In an aerial photograph, a drone pilot spotted human remains in a difficult to reach area. The remains were identified last week as Millers.

The remains were not in a hard to reach area.
Much more in the article below.

Snip

""It was in a wide place in the canyon hidden behind a rock, so it's very difficult to see where he was," said Joshua Tree National Park superintendent David Smith, who brought the family back to the spot Tuesday.

Snip

""The remains were found in a slightly shaded area that we assume he sought shelter there from the sun while he was hiking," said Ainsley Otten, a family friend of the Millers."

How quickly things can happen to us! How fast life changes.

At least, Paul passed doing something he loved. I hope I am that lucky when I go.

RIP, Paul.

Any thoughts about what prevented the search canines from picking up a scent?

His scent was tracked to the point where he left the trail to take pictures.
As well, another hiker did see and briefly spoke with PM. That individual posted here and informed the family of such 6 months later.

From Find Paul Miller

"Montana is the same dog who first caught a scent of Paul on the trail back in July and burned her paws so badly on the hot ground that she was out of commission for three months"

"report of a witness who saw someone fitting Paul’s description on the trail is what keeps the search within the boundaries of the park. We were unable to get more information on the witness since it is an ‘ongoing’ investigation"

Find Paul Miller

ADMIN NOTE - WEBSLEUTHS will not allow autopsy results to be posted or linked for any case in which no crime has been established. This appears to be such a case. This thread is now closed and will most likely be pulled to protect the privacy of the deceased person and their family and friend.

Websleuths appreciates the time and effort members put in discussing missing persons cases. When a missing person case has been resolved and no crime is established, the discussion is usually closed. We know that leaves some unanswered questions, and it is necessary out of respect for person, and their friends and family. THANK YOU for understanding.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member