Found Deceased CA - Paul Miller, 51, Canadian missing in Joshua Tree Natl Park, San Bernardino Co., 13 Jul 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What time of day? Morning? So this is a year since Paul went missing and it's kind of symbolic to me (or ironic) that the sheep that he wanted to see are there at this moment.
I was there well past the time that Paul would have been there, about 11 AM. This is a very common location to find Big Horn Sheep. The Rangers lock the gate at 7 PM so that the Sheep can drink in peace.

I was there well past the time that Paul would have been there, about 11 AM. This is a very common location to find Big Horn Sheep. The Rangers lock the gate at 7 PM so that the Sheep can drink in peace.
Thank you *so* much for being here and posting. Your perspective is so helpful

I’ve posted a couple more videos and will keep posting if there’s interest.

I really appreciate the additional videos. Seeing the "alternative" to the trail (no alternative really) makes this all the more puzzling.

I wonder if Paul would have disregarded the sign and went into the prohibited area if he saw sheep.

Thanks for posting the video ... that is very helpful. Is there any chance you could start from the parking lot and walk the trail that he would have walked? Not sure how much time that would take.. just a thought.

Thanks for posting the video ... that is very helpful. Is there any chance you could start from the parking lot and walk the trail that he would have walked? Not sure how much time that would take.. just a thought.
This may help, and save the trouble of videoing the entire trail. It was posted here before, way back early in the threads.

As previously posted, I was on the 49 Palms Oasis Trail Saturday and spotted a herd of Big Horn Sheep west of the Oasis. There are many unmapped trails and animal tracks above the west wash and and I’m going to shift my focus to this area. I’ll post some videos to YouTube and link here.

As previously posted, I was on the 49 Palms Oasis Trail Saturday and spotted a herd of Big Horn Sheep west of the Oasis. There are many unmapped trails and animal tracks above the west wash and and I’m going to shift my focus to this area. I’ll post some videos to YouTube and link here.

Please be careful and make sure you let others know where you'll be searching and when you'll be back, etc. You know the drill.

Please be careful and make sure you let others know where you'll be searching and when you'll be back, etc. You know the drill.
Good advice. Searchers, professional or volunteer, have a responsibility to not become casualties. I carry a Garmin GPS and I have cell phone reception around the Oasis. My family follows me on Find My Friends.

Good advice. Searchers, professional or volunteer, have a responsibility to not become casualties. I carry a Garmin GPS and I have cell phone reception around the Oasis. My family follows me on Find My Friends.
You have been extremely helpful. Above and beyond with all your help. I truly hope it pays off and you are able to find some clues.
Take care.
Ze

I scouted out a new area Saturday. I got up high on ridges, peaks and the rim of the wash and scanned with binoculars. I found that bones are surprisingly easy to see at a distance due to having been bleached white. The rocks and soil are tan to brown and bright white long bones stand out.
These are to small to be Paul’s but does anybody want to take a guess? Quarter for scale.
upload_2019-7-31_10-53-41.jpeg

I scouted out a new area Saturday. I got up high on ridges, peaks and the rim of the wash and scanned with binoculars. I found that bones are surprisingly easy to see at a distance due to having been bleached white. The rocks and soil are tan to brown and bright white long bones stand out.
These are to small to be Paul’s but does anybody want to take a guess? Quarter for scale.
View attachment 196014
Really love your posts; so interesting! Thank you for being here.

Looks like coyote bones is my guess

View attachment 196014

wow, thank you. Who is our resident archeologist? So much talk about the bighorn sheep up that way...

View attachment 196014
Could be a few possibilities, but at least I know it’s not a rattlesnake. :)

View attachment 196014

It would help to see the inner structure of the bones, but my first thought was: bird of prey. Vulture, Eagle or a buteo. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honeybadger503