Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Vigil for four-year anniversary of Pearl Pinson kidnapping on Monday

By Vallejo Times-Herald | timesherald@dfmdev.com | Vacaville Reporter
PUBLISHED: May 22, 2020 at 3:12 p.m. | UPDATED: May 22, 2020 at 3:12 p.m

Vigil for four-year anniversary of Pearl Pinson kidnapping on Monday – Times-Herald

A vigil to mark the four-year anniversary of the kidnapping of Pearl Pinson will take place Monday night at the pedestrian over-crossing on Home Acres and Lewis Avenue in Vallejo.

On May 25, 2016 the then 15-year-old Jesse Bethel High School student was kidnapped off a pedestrian walkway over Interstate 780 (the area where the vigil will be held) on her way to school by an armed man, dragged to a waiting car and vanished.

NEWS_160609892_AR_0_VKFFXOPEPRME.jpg

Pinson

More info at the linked article.

Vigil for four-year anniversary of Pearl Pinson kidnapping on Monday

By Vallejo Times-Herald | timesherald@dfmdev.com | Vacaville Reporter
PUBLISHED: May 22, 2020 at 3:12 p.m. | UPDATED: May 22, 2020 at 3:12 p.m

Vigil for four-year anniversary of Pearl Pinson kidnapping on Monday – Times-Herald

A vigil to mark the four-year anniversary of the kidnapping of Pearl Pinson will take place Monday night at the pedestrian over-crossing on Home Acres and Lewis Avenue in Vallejo.

On May 25, 2016 the then 15-year-old Jesse Bethel High School student was kidnapped off a pedestrian walkway over Interstate 780 (the area where the vigil will be held) on her way to school by an armed man, dragged to a waiting car and vanished.

NEWS_160609892_AR_0_VKFFXOPEPRME.jpg

Pinson

More info at the linked article.
This kidnapping was so horrifying!! I can't imagine what her family has gone through for the last 4 years. However unlikely, I keep hoping and praying we will hear some good news in this case.

Snip:
Fifteen-year-old Pearl Pinson was making her way to school on Wednesday morning, May 25, 2016, when she was attacked by an armed man.

Witnesses said the man dragged her across the pedestrian overpass, where Home Acres Avenue meets Interstate 780 in Vallejo. Her face was bloodied, she was screaming for help. Witnesses heard gunshots, including her brother William, also walking to school a few blocks away. The man bundled her into a gold 1997 four-door Saturn.

By the time the police arrived she was gone, and Pearl hasn’t been seen since.,

<modsnip>
Fernando Castro, 19, was IDed as the potential perp.

Thanks to an Amber Alert, Castro’s vehicle was sighted the following day in San Luis Obispo County, over 250 miles south of Vallejo. The California Highway Patrol chased Castro into a residential area, where he abandoned his vehicle and ran into a mobile home near Solvang, on the Central Coast.

The occupant of the home escaped unharmed, as Castro attempted to steal a car and began shooting at police while driving away. The authorities returned fire and killed Castro. A small amount of Pearl's blood was found in the trunk of the car, but she was nowhere to be found.

The whereabouts of Castro and Pearl over the preceding day led authorities on a search that spanned hundreds of miles of California. Security footage showed Castro’s vehicle at a Bodega Bay gas station, 50 miles northwest of Vallejo. Dozens of law enforcement officers searched a 25-square-mile area in the region in the following days, but nothing was found.

Theories on Castro’s motive for Pearl’s abduction vary from sex trafficking to gang activity to a domestic fight, but four years later there are still no answers, and no sign of Pearl.

Her sister Rose told the Daily Republic in 2017 that she often dreams of her sister. She remembers her smile and the times they shared doing each other’s hair, nails and makeup. She said Pearl thought about becoming a firefighter or veterinarian.

Rose said she wishes the authorities had gotten some information from Castro before they shot him dead and holds hope that her sister is alive but is scared about what may have happened to her.

“If they find her alive, she’s not going to be the same,” Pinson said. “She won’t be herself, having gone through so much. I’m kind of scared to see what happens.”
These Bay Area residents vanished and have never been found

Last edited by a moderator:
After listening to the Vanished Podcast on Pearl, I came here looking for an update.

I did look on google and found more information on Pearl's sister Rose who was on the Podcast. It looks like she now has a son and her fiance (and the baby's father) was killed in November 2020. This article details that and has a small bit on Pearl as well, including a new tipline that has been set up.

Clipped from the article in order to save the tipline #"The five-year anniversary of Pearl Pinson’s kidnapping is on May 25 of this year. Rose-Ann has set up a tip line at (415) 894-7460 for any information on the kidnapping of her sister or the murder of her fiancé."

Vallejo’s Rose-Ann Pinson still waiting for answers in murder of Gabriel Mendoza – Times-Herald

After listening to the Vanished Podcast on Pearl, I came here looking for an update.

I did look on google and found more information on Pearl's sister Rose who was on the Podcast. It looks like she now has a son and her fiance (and the baby's father) was killed in November 2020. This article details that and has a small bit on Pearl as well, including a new tipline that has been set up.

Clipped from the article in order to save the tipline #"The five-year anniversary of Pearl Pinson’s kidnapping is on May 25 of this year. Rose-Ann has set up a tip line at (415) 894-7460 for any information on the kidnapping of her sister or the murder of her fiancé."

Vallejo’s Rose-Ann Pinson still waiting for answers in murder of Gabriel Mendoza – Times-Herald
Thank you for posting this. The person who killed Rose's boyfriend is at large. She has been through so much, I pray some answers are found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MairinAmaliah
Back