CA CA - Placer Co., WhtFem UP17572, 18-27, found in the area of Colfax and Iowa Hill Road, Oct'80

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think she could be NamUS MP11575. Blue Halter shirts, hair color. Facial structure. Do we know for sure how long the remains were there? View attachment 408665Nancy Perry Baird

If she was kidnapped by a trucker she could have ended up in this area of California, Highway 80 and Highway 50 is some of the routes you would take coming into California from the east.

California had a habit of cremating unidentified people after a certain length of time, so I think one can safely assume that's what happened here, unfortunately.
I think she may actually have been buried, Placer county didn't have a tendency to cremate remains. The other Jane Doe's I know of in the area were buried in unmarked graves near Auburn/Truckee area.

There was an article from 1980 on dental identification that goes a bit into the burial of unidentified remains in Placer County.

27 Match 1980, The Press Tribune, pg 12
1678810293238.png

Now if the county still has records of where she is buried is another question entirely..

I saw where in the newspaper articles, a few of them say 4 or more months that the body was there. The one says something about it being there possibly for more than a year. Is this something that can be definite when it comes to skeletal remains? The only reason I ask is because I have an MP from 74 that I think looks like and fits the description of this Jane Doe. However, the timing would be way off and I don't think she would have been kept alive all those years. Thanks for anyone that might be able to point this out to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back