GUILTY CA - Ray Coriell for rape, attempted murder of 7yo daughter, Bakersfield, 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am glad she is alive and I hope she is able to grow up and have a normal healthy life.

I hope that this was only for "external" injuries... I hope that it doesn't affect her ability to have children later if she chooses to...

Jennifer Schuett’s ability to have her own biological children was taken away by her rape. She was 8 years old.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/37232...hild-raped-left-die-gets-justice-years-later/

OMG this is horrifying! The Mom's voice is heart wrenching! Poor baby, I hope she gets all the help she needs.

While an army of law enforcement scoured the area around the 8-year-old girl's home on July 27, investigation reports say the girl's father, Ray Coriell, never asked deputies the status of his daughter and was "acting as if everything was normal."

In a statement, Coriell's son said the girl told him the night before her kidnapping that she had a "funny feeling someone" was going to "take her."

http://www.turnto23.com/news/28806130/detail.html

Said she had a funny feeling I wonder if she was assulted before by him

I was raped when I was 9 and i am still able to have children (I've given birth to 5), the first birth I need a pretty aggressive epsiotomy because of scar tissue, but the rest of the births were normal :)

Poor little girl. Did I miss somewhere as to where her real mom was and why her (so called) dad has custody? I bet this was not the first time he had molested her, maybe not rape before but still something. I just cringe at reading about children being molested especially by a relative. I am a survivor myself and was molested by the man that called himself my dad, he was a monster and I was not the only child he did that to. I just never understood why a parent would do that to their children/step children.

umm the hairstraightener in a burned towl caught my attention. God Bless and Keep this poor little one.

It sounds to me like this guy is going to claim that he raped his own daughter due to a flashback of his own abuse by his cousin?

And how sad (and yet encouraging) is it that this girl said her stepmom would never do this... that is who she knows she can trust.

http://www.turnto23.com/news/28806130/detail.html

According to the reports, investigators asked if she was afraid of getting someone in trouble by talking to them, she replied, "My stepmom wouldn't ever do that to me.
So if it was probably somebody else, yeah I would get them in trouble."

According to the documents, he also told investigators he had a flashback of his own abuse the night he was with his daughter, saying he remembered standing at the girl's bedroom door looking into her room and then everything "went black."

Next thing he knows, "I remember my wife calling me, and I was talking to her, and I looked around where I was at, out in a fricking field," said Coriell.

I was raped when I was 9 and i am still able to have children (I've given birth to 5), the first birth I need a pretty aggressive epsiotomy because of scar tissue, but the rest of the births were normal :)

Oh I know each case is different... I just know that this particular child needed surgery... which worried me. I was concerned that was surgery for internal bleeding/injuries which may have affected her ability to have children. Though I'd imagine ovaries would still be there.

I just hope it was basically just a tear in this case and nothing internal... there have been children younger than this who have gone on to have normal pregnancies and births just like you. Hopefully this girl is one of them and hopefully she will heal emotionally as well. :seeya:

Poor little girl. Did I miss somewhere as to where her real mom was and why her (so called) dad has custody? I bet this was not the first time he had molested her, maybe not rape before but still something. I just cringe at reading about children being molested especially by a relative. I am a survivor myself and was molested by the man that called himself my dad, he was a monster and I was not the only child he did that to. I just never understood why a parent would do that to their children/step children.

Pollywog, if you listen to the 911 call, the stepmom gives some insight. She said that they took the girl and her brother because the mom was doing drugs.

Here it is:

http://www.bakersfieldnow.com//news/local/126422163.html#911call

Thank you lovejac. I just listened to it and had overlooked it before.

OMG ((((((((((peeples))))))))))))

This case is just sickening. I think anyone who commits a crime against a child should be locked away or taken from this earth, there is just no other way to deal with predators.

I have an 8 year old daughter, how can someone look at a child as a sexual being?

I am so sick of these monsters blaming their childhood for their crimes.

July 2015:

Bakersfield man who kidnapped his then 7-year-old daughter, raped her and left her for dead in a remote field was sentenced to 34 years to life Thursday in Kern County Superior Court.

Ray Salvador Coriell, 33, had accepted a plea deal in the case, pleading no contest to three sex crime and attempted murder charges in June. He would have faced multiple life terms without parole had he been convicted of all 11 original charges..

Coriell will have to serve at least 85 percent of his sentence before he is eligible for parole.

http://www.bakersfield.com/news/bre...n-daughter-sentenced-to-34-years-to-life.html

That doesn't sound like nearly enough time for something so heinous. I don't care if he pled guilty or not, disgusting..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinrebano
Back