Found Deceased CA - Raymond Tyler, 38, found deceased in Willits, 5 Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Okay how about this one?
Yes! That works. I took a quick glance but don't have time to read it right now. I just want to say that I'm so very sorry that you had to read what's in that report about your loved one. It's absolutely heartbreaking. :(

I remember you had some Q's about some of what's in it. Did you want to lay them out so members can try answering?

Just read the report- its pretty barebones because anything soft tissue related is now impossible to determine due to the advanced decomp. They determined the gunshot was midsagittal forehead (so not exact midline, off to the side, they do not mention left vs right), fractured multiple skull base bones, and and came to rest inside his brain. A more exact trajectory cannot be determined because the brain turns goopy very soon. No stippling or soot patterns seen, but its impossible to tell due to decomposition. No other skeletal trauma (broken bones, etc).
The coroner came to the conclusion of death due to gunshot wound, but cannot be more conclusive in terms of suicide vs homicide (you mentioned the ruling of suicide, it may be on a different report than this one).
I can't say the report is very telling about manner of death, either. I'm sorry Klingon, it must be very frustrating, especially with all the incompetence surrounding tracing the gun vs testing for fingerprints.

Last edited:
Raymonds FB page was linked early. In July he seems really hopeless and states he's a druggy and is depressed. He checked himself into hospital in July for some kind of psychosis. During this episode he posted about a cop shooting his dog and his girlfriend, but someone commented that they have the dog and its fine.
I feel really bad for him, so many people were concerned for him and offering their help.
I'm not sure how his hospital stay went, but to be quite honest, if he didn't really improve and was released anyway, I can see why LE would veer towards suicide. There's also a phenomenon where someone with severe depression gets treatment, momentarily gets a burst of energy without a change in their outlook, and now has the energy and motivation to take their life.

The bits that I feel are still 'suspicious' are the shoes on the porch, the behavior of the land owner, the vanishing hatchet (and did he or did he not have a backpack?), and where he got the gun/hatchet from (he was in hospital, would they let him keep those items in patient inventory?). I wonder if the land owner had something to do with procuring the gun, and feels guilty about the outcome, so is being evasive. Another option I was just thinking of is he requested to go to the house, thinking that his friend would let him couchsurf or hang out. When on the porch, he takes off his shoes thinking he's about to be let in. The friend doesn't let him enter the house, and this makes him more despondent. Can't explain why he would put on his workboots and not the shoes on the porch, though. Maybe planning a trek into the wooded area and wanted the more rugged shoes.
All MOO!!

Just read the report- its pretty barebones because anything soft tissue related is now impossible to determine due to the advanced decomp. They determined the gunshot was midsagittal forehead (so not exact midline, off to the side, they do not mention left vs right), fractured multiple skull base bones, and and came to rest inside his brain. A more exact trajectory cannot be determined because the brain turns goopy very soon. No stippling or soot patterns seen, but its impossible to tell due to decomposition. No other skeletal trauma (broken bones, etc).
The coroner came to the conclusion of death due to gunshot wound, but cannot be more conclusive in terms of suicide vs homicide (you mentioned the ruling of suicide, it may be on a different report than this one).
I can't say the report is very telling about manner of death, either. I'm sorry Klingon, it must be very frustrating, especially with all the incompetence surrounding tracing the gun vs testing for fingerprints.
The first page of the report it says at the bottom suicide. But I agree the rest of the rest seemed inconclusive, I just wasn’t sure with all the medical jargon.

The bits that I feel are still 'suspicious' are the shoes on the porch, the behavior of the land owner, the vanishing hatchet (and did he or did he not have a backpack?), and where he got the gun/hatchet from (he was in hospital, would they let him keep those items in patient inventory?). I wonder if the land owner had something to do with procuring the gun, and feels guilty about the outcome, so is being evasive. Another option I was just thinking of is he requested to go to the house, thinking that his friend would let him couchsurf or hang out. When on the porch, he takes off his shoes thinking he's about to be let in. The friend doesn't let him enter the house, and this makes him more despondent. Can't explain why he would put on his workboots and not the shoes on the porch, though. Maybe planning a trek into the wooded area and wanted the more rugged shoes.
All MOO!!
He was released from the hospital on the 3rd and given a ride to his home by a social worker. Aug 4th he was given a ride by his neighbor to the residence where he was found. The neighbor states yes he had his backpack and hatchet with him and was going there to work.
I don’t deny Ray was dealing with psychosis, that is unfortunately common in our family. Our father is schizophrenic.

There is a chance it was self inflicted but the behaviors of other people have made me suspicious.

He was released from the hospital on the 3rd and given a ride to his home by a social worker. Aug 4th he was given a ride by his neighbor to the residence where he was found. The neighbor states yes he had his backpack and hatchet with him and was going there to work.
I don’t deny Ray was dealing with psychosis, that is unfortunately common in our family. Our father is schizophrenic.

There is a chance it was self inflicted but the behaviors of other people have made me suspicious.
I totally understand how their behavior would make you suspicious; if my loved one had died, and people were being shady or not helpful, I'd do everything i could to get the full truth. I hope, somehow, you get it out of them. The gun is the oddest part of this to me... I'm very surprised police are not interested in tracking it, at the very least, as part of a procedural process as to how a felon got a firearm.

I know more about Rays last few days than LEO every bothered to find out, even when he was still listed a missing person. That saddest part of that statement is that I live in Kentucky and Ray lived in California. All of the work and research I’ve done has been through social media and the internet.

I’m sorry if all this seems confusing. It is. It’s hard to get a Straight story from anyone. especially when I can’t judge their face and body language. Doing all the work from here has been stressful and exhausting. There are a couple of locals to Rays area that are still listening to all the rumors for me.
The backpack is the only detail that seems to be back and forth if he had it with him or not.
The hatchet without a doubt was spotted in his hand when he was dropped at the residence. He was carrying his work boots, so he must’ve switched shoes after being dropped off.

I have a few theories only my opinion of course,
1) he did do this to himself, the friends weren’t home and he enters the residence found the firearm and proceeded to his final spot. The friend is covering out of guilt.
2) the friend or her husband did it and are covering for each other. Made it look like it was self inflicted by leaving the weapon with him.
In either case the 16 days he laid there makes it impossible to know.
I can’t imagine knowing my ‘friend’ is missing last seen at my house and not going to search around the area.
There is no doubt in my mind that there was a strong foul odor and probably scavenger bird activity. All less than 150ft from her FRONT door.
I guess this is as far as I’ll get for now.
Thank you all for reading and trying to help.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back